Spoiler Talk

late_heart
Fan

Re: Spoiler Talk

Post by late_heart »

It'll make a change to see a supporting co-star's character turning gay after being with men for the previous 3 seasons. It's soooooooo original! I think it's called "the Willow effect".
Actually, Angela is bisexual. She doesn't 'turn' any way. :) And while I wish the writers had been less typical in their choice of Angela to be bi, there's nothing cliched or hackneyed about the actual circumstance of a woman (or man) dating the opposite sex for long periods and then having a same-sex`relationship. That's just life.

As for Willow, Joss had always intended one of the core 3 Scoobies to be gay. He couldn't decide between Xander and Willow. True to form, I wish he's chosen Xander! :D
word count: 130
...he remains Hodgins of the unstoppable libido, with the constantly coiling Kundalini, the freaky twist of mystic master meets geekzilla. He’s still a poet, a shaman of the weird, and he’s in there, somewhere...

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I agree with everyone who's already spoken, so I'm just going to chime in with a resounding 'ditto' today. :D

P.S. Steph, what is the name of that Doctor Who book? It sounds fascinating. I love reading books about the writing process, especially when they come from a smart and witty writer who actually has something interesting to say.
word count: 61

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Oh sorry Sherry, that was me thinking 'oops, forgotten title of book, & it's upstairs, and I feel like s**t and I don't want to move' (laryngitis has been swiftly followed by an absolute stinker of a cold. Lucky me! :roll: ). I now have the tome in front of me. It's called 'Doctor Who - The Writer's Tale'. It's published by BBC books and has a foreword by Philip Pullman, so it's heavyweight stuff! I can't put it down at the moment, particularly as I now no longer have to trail miserably upstairs for it. It contains fascinating alternative scenarios and dialogues which were considered and then dropped or cut, and some genuine insights into the writing process. Journalist Ben Cook is the correspondant off whom RTD bounces for most of the book but you can also read mails and texts from other members of the directing/production team and understand the ramifications of events such as David Tennant's mother's death while he was filming. And of course all those little things like characters who originally had different names or functions, and the way they were handled in the early drafts. Can recommend the read.

With you on the gay/bi argument, Annie - no-one gets 'turned' here as far as I can see. There was just one unfortunate line Willow got to say in Buffy which may have given the wrong impression. I think it was at a time when Anya was coming on possessive over Xander, and Willow said "Helloo? Gay now!" which, though appropriate to Willow and the moment, I always felt was open to misinterpretation by the determined!
word count: 279
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Phooey. I just looked it up on amazon and it's not coming out in the U.S. until November 13 of this year.

Regardless, thanks for the title, Steph. It sounds like a terrific book, really fascinating. Definitely one for my 'wish list.' :D

As someone who just got over a cold, I hope yours goes away very, very quickly! I recommend lots of rest, water, and warm stuff like soup or tea. (Like I need to tell you that anyway, Mom.) ;)

I can't believe you had to suffer laryngitis and now a nasty cold. Poor Super Mod. *hugs* We love you. Get well soon!
word count: 106

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

More Bones sides up, for 'Double Trouble in the Panhandle'. I'm getting a bit fed up with freak show cases. Is there such a thing as a body that hasn't been smeared like jam on a lift shaft, shoved into a sewer, microwaved, gnawed on or cut up into thirteen careful pieces? This one appears to concern itself with the death of conjoined twins who did a traditional circus act, so there will be plenty of scope for scary clowns and so on. It just feels like, I don't know, they are desperate to find 'different' plots, when really one good solid screenplay is vastly better than a gimmicky one dressed up.

I didn't spot who the writer was but there is a heck of a lot more description in there, as opposed to dialogue, than usual. Someone new maybe?
word count: 144

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

We're a 'bit' busier than usual, but sides continue to appear up at http://community.livejournal.com/bones_spoilers/. This one has ice skating in it 'Fire In The Ice'. Lingering 'Buffy' memories here - Buffy and Angel at the rink, can't recall the ep, S2 I think.
word count: 49

English Al
Fan

Post by English Al »

What's My Line: Part 1 is the Buffy ep you're thinking off. A big bad comes after Buffy and she finishes him off with her skate. Nasty.
word count: 29

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Ah, yes indeed. Thank you.
word count: 5

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Am I really the only one who devours those Bones sides? OK: Hero In The Hold (4.14?? lost count) - Gravedigger back - Booth trapped in the hold of a ship with what seems like a ghost - and I think there's some Booth brother. Princess and The Pear (4.15???) - Arthurian mythos and Excalibur - lots of Sweets but at least doing some proper profiling by the look of it.
word count: 69

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

http://community.livejournal.com/bones_spoilers/ for The Bones That Foam. Actually I understand lack of interest in the sides when so much is going on here on our site. And of course they are not exactly brimming with TJ goodness at the moment - rather nice little easy-to-miss moment on one of them, though, where Hodgins (intriguingly off his eyebrows) complains about looking surprised for a month. They'd better not have done anything to TJ's eyebrows!!

Vincent Nigel-Murray is back. I thought he wasn't going to return? Not another lapse in the order, surely?
word count: 100

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Ok people, I think you might be interested in this one. It's called the Salt In The Wound, sides are just up at the usual address; Roxie breaks up with Angela because she thinks Ange is not a 'stayer' and would not commit to her permanently. Then Angela goes and drags Hodgins out of working in the lab so they can have sex in That Bed again. Presumably to make her feel better.

Rebound big-style, and so mean of Angela to use Jack like that. I'm starting to go off her. She drops an earring at the scene and Hodgins picks it up and keeps it. Awww! Poor Jack! Stop torturing him.
word count: 115

Tara
Fan

Post by Tara »

I am not uspet, because for their relationship to move forward, Angela DOES need to address her relationship issues. She's going to have to stop dictating the terms, and start accepting equal share, or else she'll never move beyond where she is now. And I think that the Jack/Angela relationship will hugely benefit from all the Angela character development the Angela/Roxie storyline is giving us.

Also, I think it will be good for Hodgins to stand up for himself, so the two of them can forge a real, lasting relationship. I know it seems dodgy on paper, but think of it in terms of the long view. Of how the characters got to where they are now. When they do decide to try again, it will be from a stronger base, and be a better relationship. And, frankly, as better stronger people for it.
word count: 148
In a world full of Uma Thurmans, everyone has an inner Janine Garafolo who needs to be taken out dancing every once in a while.

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I agree, Tara. Angela needs to address these emotional/relationship issues, and the only way for her to do that is to make these kinds of mistakes and come to realizations.

My only concern is that the writers haven't been particularly strong with their characterizations lately. I don't want it to be all one-sided. If Angela finally realizes what her fears and concerns are, and comes to a better understanding about sharing rather than dictating terms, that will be wonderful. However, I don't want Hodgins to simply accept her with open arms, all sweet and mushy and isn't it oh-so-romantic. In fantasy land that would be lovely, but I'd much prefer what you said, that Hodgins finally stands up for himself. I think they've been writing him far too nice in that regard for too long now. I know he loves her, but that doesn't mean he should take whatever crumbs she offers him. He needs to tell her that she hurt him and that her running away and demanding that he do all the changing and compromising isn't good enough, not anymore. It doesn't mean he's being mean or that he doesn't love her; it simply means he won't take being treated that way anymore. He deserves some respect and some care. If the writers don't give him equal character development, I'm going to be ticked off.
word count: 245

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Tara, though I can't honestly see that the brief Roxie fling arc has told us anything about Angela that we don't already know, I am not upset as such either; I do concur with your positive spin about character development and moving the relationship along. Whether it will happen like that?....hmm.

You see in my opinion Angela is being thoughtless, self-centred and rather cruel here. And, to me, that isn't Angela; that's out of character. And we have Hodgins behaving like some kind of gooey doormat. Well - he's supposed to have anger issues and a strong sense of justice and self respect. So he's not in character either. I have difficulty perceiving as character development what seems to be the creation of two completely different people. I am very much for Jack standing up for himself. Just to show a link with S1 & S2 Jack!
word count: 153

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Which is why I'm concerned, too, Steph. I agree that neither Angela nor Jack have been written in character (for a while now), so while I encourage any sort of emotional evolution within characters, I don't like it when I don't trust that it will be handled well. The way the writers have been using these two characters -- and all the Bones characters, for that matter -- for the last season and a half, I worry that they won't do this story justice. I don't want it to be played for jokes, or for some fantasy land character reactions. I want it to be realistic and subtle.

*sigh*

I guess we'll see what happens. :?
word count: 119

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Gooey doormat? Just say no! LOL!

I loved reading all your posts regarding this spoiler--and as much as I hate Angela for using Hodgins for sex, I hope we get to see it! (ah yes, I must admit I am a bit of a voyeur...)
:naughty:
word count: 46
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

It sounds interesting. Looking forward to see it! But I am wondering what they intend to do with the Jack/Angela relationship.
word count: 22
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

OK well I am going to be extremely quiet and discreet about this, but TJ has been dropping a few subtle clues as to what is happening. I have asked him not to give us anything too specific because obviously there are some legal issues here. But he says:
1) In Season II, someone came into Jack's life. That individual affected him greatly, and is coming back. Soon. So that may have a bearing on J/A.
2) Apparently Jack is going to be written (finally) reacting against the way Angela is treating him. Now that will be a relief and I will be glued to it.
3) This is just general, but is a bit of a shocker; Someone in the Lab is going to need the rest of the team to step up in order to keep them alive!
Thanks so much TJ!
He says he's perfectly happy to give us the odd little snippet here and there. You heard it here, people, stick with the spoiler thread! Anyone want to speculate??
word count: 176

Tara
Fan

Post by Tara »

I'm actually really looking forward to the new Gravedigger episode in S4, because the first Gravedigger ep in S2 was such a huge turning point for Jack, and Jack and Angela. I was bummed they'd pushed it back to further in the run... But good to know TJ's as excited as we are!
word count: 56
In a world full of Uma Thurmans, everyone has an inner Janine Garafolo who needs to be taken out dancing every once in a while.

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Hi all
The snippets from TJ could all revolve around the Gravedigger episode, I get the impression that Brennan blames him partly for Booth's kidnap. It would be cool if Angela and Jack could resolve their differences although of course you so know there's gonna be suffering/arguments/drama in the meantime. I do get that quite often the drama and anticipation is better than the event but now not only are B&B dancing round each other so are Jack and Angela. All I can say is that if I was in the position of either Brennan or Angela I wouldn't be playing so hard to get! I like the idea of Jack finally reacting to the way he's been treated I get the impression that he's kinda being taken for granted at the mo. Oh, and off topic I know but my other half is getting me the 'Bones' seasons 1 to 3 box set for Christmas Happy Days!

Jude x
word count: 168