Spoiler Talk

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: Spoilers and rumors

Post by ThyneAlone »

Yep, I see what you mean, they are a great couple. And Perry and Jordan have something good going under all that bile.

ANYWAY....
FutonCritic has got Fox's synopses & cast lists up for the coming season. No Eric in the list.
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=7648
:cry:
word count: 50
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

ThyneAlone wrote:
ANYWAY....
FutonCritic has got Fox's synopses & cast lists up for the coming season. No Eric in the list.
I saw that yesterday, I don't want to believe it. They said that in S4 they would be revealing what happened to Zack in Iraq...giving the possibility to Zack to talk about it, and now he's not listed?? :( I'm not happy with this. I hope that this is just for the first episodes and then he gets out of jail or whatever. But he must come back.
word count: 100
~ s o f i

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Really sad that Eric is not in S4! S4? We don't even have S3, yet! :x :(

Concerning Jack and Angela I belive they will be together again. (At least I hope so!!!) Maybe they were afraid that the fans get bored to see that so they might just want to keep it interesting?!?! Whatever! I don't like it and I haven't even watched it, yet!

Simone
word count: 68
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Hmmm, makes you wonder if whatever happened to Zack in Iraq warped him, and he came back as Gorgommon (sp?), and then gets caught and put in jail. Why they would do that to Eric I don't know, unless he wanted out of his contract to do something else. However, pure speculation people, pure speculation...
word count: 56
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

It's difficult to picture Zack as a possible Gormagon, I dont think he, with all his rationality and all, could be capable of taking part in something like this. C'mon! it's Zackaroni!! the first time ever he punched someone was in S2!! he dressed as the back end of a cow for Halloween and lived above Hodgins garage. That doesn't sound as a serial killer's profile. But it could be that his time in Iraq made some effect on him. Maybe the reason why he came back has something to do with it? no, no that can't be. That's too much. OMG, I just want to see The Pain in the Heart and end with all this speculations. Everyone is crazy with this, thinking of millions of different scenarios. I think TJ would be proud of us making honor to his character, creating all this different theories... hahhaa.
word count: 155
~ s o f i

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

ThyneAlone wrote:ANYWAY....
I know!!! I've been mildly entertaining spoilers via the 206_bones community over on LiveJournal. This one had me confused, but I'm pretty sure I also read something with Hart Hanson where he said Eric wouldn't be in S4 as a main character, but he wanted to "bring him back" from time to time. I might have made that up in my head, though ... ;) ... wishful thinking, maybe??

I am pretty 100% certain Zack isn't Gormogon, though. I think even Eric confirmed that online. I also don't think he'll be the one to die, unless Hart did mention bringing him back, and meant in flashbacks or dream sequences or something. Either way ... it's going to be a sad, sad season without Zack ... the one thing I've loved about THIS current season has been the Jack/Zack scenes!

Oh, and also sad about those cast lists is that Sweets appears to still be around ... :(
word count: 189
Dude, what you call being a conspiracy theorist I call being well informed - Dr. Jack Hodgins

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

KimberHodgela wrote: I know!!! I've been mildly entertaining spoilers via the 206_bones community over on LiveJournal. This one had me confused, but I'm pretty sure I also read something with Hart Hanson where he said Eric wouldn't be in S4 as a main character, but he wanted to "bring him back" from time to time. I might have made that up in my head, though ... ;) ... wishful thinking, maybe??
No no, you're right. Hart said that we haven't seen the last of Eric so, that means he will be back at some point.
word count: 98
~ s o f i

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: Spoiler Talk

Post by ThyneAlone »

Well, here is Birimbau directly in your eye, to the point of Hodgins punching him and ending up in a dump truck!

http://community.livejournal.com/bones_spoilers/

At last, the sides for Grayson whatsisface and since we are mourning Zach we haven't leapt on them immediately.

'Fraid he seems to be very much the caricature we thought he would be, BUT it gives us the J/A sides of which S3 starved us. This'll be the reason for the Hodgela split.
word count: 84

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

More Hodgins torture! I knew it! Is this episode supposed to come before or after "The Crank in the Shaft," because Hodgins and Angela are still together when Birimbau comes on the scene from what I gather.
word count: 37
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

late_heart
Fan

Post by late_heart »

Oh, but wait!!!!

*wiggles*

In the Barassa sides it looks like we'll be feeling the love for Angela and Jack once more...after all, Angela spurns Mr. Wonderful.

Now if we could just stop Hodgins from calling her Angie...

and um... just a nagging question: if the writers are clever enough to call the guy birimbau and have Hodgins be relived that the literal translation of the word is 'little flute' -- when in reality it's an extremely long wind instrument -- why oh why do they expend that kind of energy on an inside joke and play hell with other, more obvious things?

It's just one of those things that make me go hmmm, you know?
word count: 118
...he remains Hodgins of the unstoppable libido, with the constantly coiling Kundalini, the freaky twist of mystic master meets geekzilla. He’s still a poet, a shaman of the weird, and he’s in there, somewhere...

sapphiresilt
Fan

Post by sapphiresilt »

Hey, guys. I've just read some sides involving Jack, Angela, and Birimbau. Apparently it's for the first episode of Season 4. Any thoughts on what happens?
~Eileen
word count: 29

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hi Eileen!
None of us are enjoying the Hodgins suffering again. This is being discussed in more detail down in the Anticipation forum (the spoiler thread), but I'm perfectly happy to say here How Dare They have anyone throw Jack into a truck! Birimbau doesn't sound like a real person from his dialogue. Not a shred of humour in him. Where Hodgins is mercurial and quick-thinking, I just find Grayson stolid and tedious so far.

D'you think they have called him Grayson for that very slight similarity to Greystoke? Cos I'm thinking they want a kind of Tarzan-figure here!
word count: 105

sapphiresilt
Fan

Post by sapphiresilt »

ThyneAlone wrote:Hi Eileen!
None of us are enjoying the Hodgins suffering again. This is being discussed in more detail down in the Anticipation forum (the spoiler thread), but I'm perfectly happy to say here How Dare They have anyone throw Jack into a truck! Birimbau doesn't sound like a real person from his dialogue. Not a shred of humour in him. Where Hodgins is mercurial and quick-thinking, I just find Grayson stolid and tedious so far.

D'you think they have called him Grayson for that very slight similarity to Greystoke? Cos I'm thinking they want a kind of Tarzan-figure here!
Oh, sorry, Steph. I don't know my way around here very well yet. I'll head over to the other thread....
word count: 129

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hey...don't feel you have to move. This is a spoiler thread too, you know! It's great to have your input btw. We have missed you so much!
word count: 30

Tara
Fan

Post by Tara »

I actually "Angie" and "Hodgie" nicknames that popped up in s2. Brennan has always called her "Ange", so it didn't feel too odd. And she doesn't seem to mind--I'd be annoyed on her behalf if Angela had ever asked Hodgins not to call her "Angie" but it seems to be a genuine sign of affection.

I actually caught "Death in the Saddle" for the first time last night (I somehow managed to miss it completely first time through) and had the casting sides for series 4 in the forefront of my mind as I watched. And I think it's likely that when Hodgins is talking about his relationship with one of the grad students, it's likely not to be a death knell at all, but genuine frustration with the situation on a par with Angela's fears regarding the hypnotism thing in "Death in the Saddle".

I do worry a little about the writers throwing so many obstacles in front of Angela and Hodgins getting married, because I actually think that the steady progress forward and the knowledge that they being married will not change how engaging their stories are, or how much we invest in them as characters one iota. Because it's not about the "payoff" for me as a viewer at all. It's about watching the two of them on the journey. And married isn't the end of a journey--it's the start of a brand new one, which brings TONS of story with it. I think that knowing the Grayson story was meant to be played out in s3 helps give me perspective I wouldn't have had, if I'd come into s4 not knowing a lot of the production background about how the arcs in s3 were meant to go. I still cut them a ginormous amount of slack, for having to wrap up as much as they could in only 2 episodes. So it doesn't feel like the producers are playing cat-and-mouse, prolonguing the resolution of the Fiji Marriage Plot.

As for Hodgins and Grayson fighting--I think Jack will come out on top precisely because he and Angela love each other madly and for Hodgins, Angela is worth fighting for. It's not a possessive marking territory thing. She's not a posession, or a prize for one of them to win. It's genuinely believing that he'll lose the one thing that's precious to him if he doesn't fight for her. And being a guy, I don't think he realises that there's not at risk of losing her. He's probably threatened by Grayson because Grayson loves Angela and is stunningly gorgeous. And what geek hasn't looked in the mirror and thought "why would anyone pick me, over an Adonis?"

(other than the part where he has more money than God, but that would play into it too--because he wants to be loved for who he is, not the Trust Fund)

He probably doesn't have the kind of self-esteem to feel comfortable and secure in the knowledge that Angela loves him and chooses him 24/7. Which is why he needs the reminders. And the gentle reminder not to be a jackass. Getting dumped into the back of a garbage truck? I see it as a gentle reminder not to be a jackass and to trust in Angela and have a little faith in her, and their relationship. Not as the writers torturing Hodgins. And we love him, but he's still a guy and he'ss till going to do seriously dumb shit, because even the nicest guy on the planet will do moronic thigns blinded by a haze of testosterone, at least ocne or twice in their lives.

And this is also the guy whose last fiancee dumped him and married his best friend. And then cheated on said best friend. He has issues. I like that they're remembering those issues, and that backstory informs his character.

Rewatching parts of s2 last night, I noticed that despite Jack making the first moves (asking her out, asking her to move in, asking her to marry him) it has consisetly been Angela setting the pace of their relationship. Because for the first time, there are real emotional stakes, and she's ultra-conservative and cautious because she has something to protect. Unlike all her previous relationships (that we're heard about) she and Jack aren't casual. It means something to her, which is something I get the feeling she's never had before--because Kirk was the closest she came, and she still held back out of fear. With Hodgins, she held back because she was afraid of getting hurt, but she's given so much despite that fear. I think that's the lesson she learnt from Kirk's death. That being loved is terrifying, but loving in return is even more terrifying--but can be worth it.

And it's the fear to me that signals they have something real. Because you don't worry about messy office romances for the sake of being uncomfortable working with someone if they fizzle. You do genuinely worry about getting your heart broken only if your heart is truly at risk. And that's what sold me. Both of them are risking their hearts, in a very real way. Nothing casual about it. That's what makes them special too: the fact that Jack works very hard to be a great guy and the guy he believes Angela deserves, and he puts her first. He's, like, the perfect boyfriend. Oz from Buffy perfect. Wash from Firefly perfect. But that doesn't mean he's always right. It just means I find his characterisation consistent, even when he's wrong, and consistently endearing and charming. He drops the smarm and hits you with the sincere, and suddenly he went from "that cute Jack Hodgins who works in the lab" to "okay, wow. That was, like, stupidly hot" purely because of the truth in the performance and writing.

Okay, he bought her $3000 perfume after she'd asked him fit hey could stay just friends, but that's normal. He's a guy. Guys do stuff like that. And he's Hodgins. One of the things I love about him is how he doesn't give up. He looks for ways to say what he really feels in whatever way that he will be heard and understood, despite fear of rejection. In a totally non-stalkery way. That's part of what I love about the character. He's not afraid to put himself at risk, and he's not afraid of being who he is without apology. Whether that's not being afraid to cry, or giving Booth a bear hug, or asking Angela out because he can't imagine not at least trying. Bravado and all.

(plus it's cute when he gets called on the bullshit bravado he uses to cover his insecurities. The whole "That was a one time offer, baby" "Really? Huh." "What--no--what?" in The Girl With the Curl just charmed the pants off me. Seriously.)
word count: 1213
In a world full of Uma Thurmans, everyone has an inner Janine Garafolo who needs to be taken out dancing every once in a while.

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

I am a bit sad that I can´t participate here as much as I like to! :( Hope season 3 will be on DVD soon, so I´ll know what you are talking about and can comment on it, too!

Simone
word count: 41
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

English Al
Fan

Post by English Al »

I hate reading spoilers on any show, but yet still find myself reading snippits now and then. A little taster keeps me interested. I cant wait to see the episode in London. I live in Yorkshire but my family is originally from the capital. I hope they dont make the English characters too cockney, because its a terrible stereotype of Londoners.

Found out on Play.com that Bones will be out in England on December 12th. I cant wait to see them again.
word count: 83

Tara
Fan

Post by Tara »

Watch with Kristin's got casting news on Angela's Fiji Fling Grayson "Birimbau" Barasa for 4x01 (personally, I was hoping for Peter Menseh... but this guys got a great CV too).
word count: 32
In a world full of Uma Thurmans, everyone has an inner Janine Garafolo who needs to be taken out dancing every once in a while.

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I just read that on TVGuide.com they are saying Zach will be back on Bones. Not that that excuses the horrible writing of his character but at least we will get to see him again.

Sharon
word count: 37
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Not that it has anything to do with spoilers but I have a couple of friends that live in Yorkshire, Al.

I posted a spoiler on the spoiler thread under the Bones section because I never know which one spoilers should be posted under-but that one wasn't TJ related so I stuck it over there.

Sharon
word count: 58
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro