Yes, thoughtful posts, gals.

But I'm still spitting.
word count: 9
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Re: Spoiler Talk

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

If this upcoming season doesn't show improvement and a return to the quality of writing and consideration of all the Bones characters, I'll join you in that activity. We'll have a contest to see who can do it the farthest. :mrgreen:

And then we'll go kick Hart's butt. ;)
word count: 52
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

LOL, Sherry! A spittin' contest indeed! The butt-kickin' sounds pretty cool too...
word count: 13

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I'm impressed with your reasoning, Tara, and your positive ideas. I am getting slight stirrings of interest for S4 now, thanks for that!

A propos of nothing, I've now merged the Bones spoiler thread with this one. At first glance it doesn't seem to disrupt the flow much, if at all. There is probably enough spoilage in the Bones forum, as people inevitably comment on material others haven't yet seen (but at least thread titles generally indicate that).
word count: 82
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Sides up for 'The Bone That Blew'. It seems Cam has employed Max at the lab to do some kind of science enrichment class with kids. Nothing J/A though.

It appears that the ep that was meant to be no.4 (approx) has now been pushed to 4.02, airing 10th September. As is rightly pointed out (ta genevieve), this could well screw with the order of the various interns trying out for Zach's place. And of course might cause the sudden, as opposed to gradual, split in the Hodgela relationship. But hey, what the heck; they didn't exactly move naturally toward the wedding decision, did they?
:roll:
word count: 110

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Looks like fairly regular sides appearances are back. Next ep recruiting is 'The Skull In The Sculpture'. It's about art and artists...
I see Roxie has turned up.
Angela's lover from way back.
Now I know the Buffy original was a skilled job, but please don't let this become Willow and Tara! I have too much invested in my bug guy!
word count: 64

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

New promo, thanks to willgirl at theaby.org..what's with the hair???!
word count: 13

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

http://spoilerfix.com/bones.php
You're not telling me they are 'getting rid' of Birimbau in the same ep where he comes to say how much he still adores Ange? Puh-lease.
word count: 33

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Late_heart says they straightened his hair?

He always looks good to me, but... the curls had personality. They shouldn't try to make him like everybody else. His character's slowing getting sucked out. That's no fun!
word count: 39
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Wow! I like the picture! Like the hair, too, but the curls were very cute, too. It suits him. Why did they change it???

Simone.
word count: 25
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

I see we want the curls back!

Curls! curls! curls! First was the fro' now the curls?? We are running out of Hodgin! Anyway, he still looks amazing!
word count: 28
~ s o f i

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

You're not telling me they are 'getting rid' of Birimbau in the same ep where he comes to say how much he still adores Ange? Puh-lease.
Has there been a change in script? That's sure what it sounds like. And that little spoiler about what happens after the divorce... now that might be fun! (I imagine it will be Cam, don't you think?) If Birimbau grants the divorce so quickly, what causes Jack and Angela to break up? Why the hell do we need an ex-girlfriend (of Angela's) thrown in the mix? Just because the writers want to feel like their show is hip and cutting edge? Why not bring in an ex-boyfriend of Booth's? (yeah, I know it would be out of character, but why is it always the girls and never the guys?) Now we have ironed haired Hodgins--although you still can't diminish his handsomeness... I'm soooooo tired of all this crap!!!
word count: 165

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Not been in here for a while, as you can see by the facts that I have not commented on Hodgins' hair being reassuringly normal so far and that Birimbau has indeed been disposed of, albeit in a rather unsatisfactory way. A side or two (can't recall) did go up for Con Man in the Meth Lab, but nothing of significance. I am, however, commenting on Passenger In The Oven, http://community.livejournal.com/bones_spoilers/which is just up, because it has Roxie in it, yeurrrgh, and Hodgins in conversation with Angela uttering the dreadful lines that "sometimes you have to give yourself completely, not hedge your bets". And he "wants her to be happy, he really does". *beat* and Angela says "Thanks".

Now there is not the slightest doubt that TJ will render this utterly convincing, but omg it looks poor on paper. How many times during S3 and the end of S2 did you say of Jack and Angela 'but real people just don't talk like that'? Please come forward if you can think of a better way to write that scene without smashing us in the face!

Of course I may be infinitesimally influenced by the brilliant book I have just bought which traces, through his emails, Russell T Davies' writing of 'Doctor Who' scripts. There is a section where he bemoans lazy writing beloved of soaps. That 'thanks' ending, followed by an exit, is something he particularly dislikes, along with phone calls where no-one says 'goodbye', arrangements to go out for the evening without a mention of a meeting place or time, and break-up exits where Person 1 does not stir to follow Departing Person 2. He's not keen on flashbacks without a very good reason either (this is one of my main beefs with HP & the Half-Blood Prince, and I reckon it will show in the film when it's out, the fact that it's nothing but flashbacks of Voldemort's history to fill in what we don't know). But I'm straying offtopic. Not keen on the engineering of Roxie's presence - will we learn Angela's real name though? - or the clichés in our lovers' mouths. Talking of which, Ange and Roxie's somewhat forced parody of the Romeo & Juliet balcony scene with references to risotto had better be funny and well-acted or I'm not going to like that either...
word count: 409

English Al
Fan

Post by English Al »

It'll make a change to see a supporting co-star's character turning gay after being with men for the previous 3 seasons. It's soooooooo original! I think it's called "the Willow effect".
word count: 36

late_heart
Fan

Post by late_heart »

Why not bring in an ex-boyfriend of Booth's? (yeah, I know it would be out of character, but why is it always the girls and never the guys?)
I agree so completely, Rebecca. The writers get kudos for having a bisexual character on the show, but why did it have to be Angela? It irritates me both from the 'adventurous artist' easy angle and from the 'all 'girls' experiment' and 'girl on girl is every guy's fantasy' angle as well.

Lazy, lazy, lazy. Now if they made Caroline bi, or Brennan, I wouldn't be so dissapointed in them. I'm already shuddering to think what Booth's reaction to A/R is going to be.
word count: 119
...he remains Hodgins of the unstoppable libido, with the constantly coiling Kundalini, the freaky twist of mystic master meets geekzilla. He’s still a poet, a shaman of the weird, and he’s in there, somewhere...

late_heart
Fan

Post by late_heart »

It'll make a change to see a supporting co-star's character turning gay after being with men for the previous 3 seasons. It's soooooooo original! I think it's called "the Willow effect".
Actually, Angela is bisexual. She doesn't 'turn' any way. :) And while I wish the writers had been less typical in their choice of Angela to be bi, there's nothing cliched or hackneyed about the actual circumstance of a woman (or man) dating the opposite sex for long periods and then having a same-sex`relationship. That's just life.

As for Willow, Joss had always intended one of the core 3 Scoobies to be gay. He couldn't decide between Xander and Willow. True to form, I wish he's chosen Xander! :D
word count: 130
...he remains Hodgins of the unstoppable libido, with the constantly coiling Kundalini, the freaky twist of mystic master meets geekzilla. He’s still a poet, a shaman of the weird, and he’s in there, somewhere...

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I agree with everyone who's already spoken, so I'm just going to chime in with a resounding 'ditto' today. :D

P.S. Steph, what is the name of that Doctor Who book? It sounds fascinating. I love reading books about the writing process, especially when they come from a smart and witty writer who actually has something interesting to say.
word count: 61

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Oh sorry Sherry, that was me thinking 'oops, forgotten title of book, & it's upstairs, and I feel like s**t and I don't want to move' (laryngitis has been swiftly followed by an absolute stinker of a cold. Lucky me! :roll: ). I now have the tome in front of me. It's called 'Doctor Who - The Writer's Tale'. It's published by BBC books and has a foreword by Philip Pullman, so it's heavyweight stuff! I can't put it down at the moment, particularly as I now no longer have to trail miserably upstairs for it. It contains fascinating alternative scenarios and dialogues which were considered and then dropped or cut, and some genuine insights into the writing process. Journalist Ben Cook is the correspondant off whom RTD bounces for most of the book but you can also read mails and texts from other members of the directing/production team and understand the ramifications of events such as David Tennant's mother's death while he was filming. And of course all those little things like characters who originally had different names or functions, and the way they were handled in the early drafts. Can recommend the read.

With you on the gay/bi argument, Annie - no-one gets 'turned' here as far as I can see. There was just one unfortunate line Willow got to say in Buffy which may have given the wrong impression. I think it was at a time when Anya was coming on possessive over Xander, and Willow said "Helloo? Gay now!" which, though appropriate to Willow and the moment, I always felt was open to misinterpretation by the determined!
word count: 279

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Phooey. I just looked it up on amazon and it's not coming out in the U.S. until November 13 of this year.

Regardless, thanks for the title, Steph. It sounds like a terrific book, really fascinating. Definitely one for my 'wish list.' :D

As someone who just got over a cold, I hope yours goes away very, very quickly! I recommend lots of rest, water, and warm stuff like soup or tea. (Like I need to tell you that anyway, Mom.) ;)

I can't believe you had to suffer laryngitis and now a nasty cold. Poor Super Mod. *hugs* We love you. Get well soon!
word count: 106

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

More Bones sides up, for 'Double Trouble in the Panhandle'. I'm getting a bit fed up with freak show cases. Is there such a thing as a body that hasn't been smeared like jam on a lift shaft, shoved into a sewer, microwaved, gnawed on or cut up into thirteen careful pieces? This one appears to concern itself with the death of conjoined twins who did a traditional circus act, so there will be plenty of scope for scary clowns and so on. It just feels like, I don't know, they are desperate to find 'different' plots, when really one good solid screenplay is vastly better than a gimmicky one dressed up.

I didn't spot who the writer was but there is a heck of a lot more description in there, as opposed to dialogue, than usual. Someone new maybe?
word count: 144