IMPORTANT!! About our friend Sharon

General TJ stuff
Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

IMPORTANT!! About our friend Sharon

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Hi, all -

I'm not sure who is still around in the forum; I know it's been AGES since I myself have had a chance to post. But this is a very important message about Sharon Farrow, our dear friend who built TJ's website and has managed the site and this forum for over 10 years (I'm pretty sure that's how long it's been!!).

As you may or may not know already, she's been fighting hard through cancer treatments, radiation and chemo this past year. It's been a rough ride, especially lately.

I'm so very sorry to say that I got a call from her sister this evening that things have taken a turn for the worse, the cancer has spread very quickly, and the doctors think she may only have days or weeks left.

It's difficult news most especially for her family, and for all of us who know and love her.

She can't communicate, but they think she can still understand when they speak to her. So if you've got any messages you'd like her family to relay to Sharon or messages that you'd like to send specifically to her family, you're welcome to put the messages here in the comments, or send them to me (direct message me here and I'll send you my email address) and I'll forward them on to her sister, or you can contact her sister Jeri directly via text (message me for her phone number). Just identify who you are so we'll know who is contacting us and that it's about Sharon.

Please send all your most comforting thoughts Sharon's way. ❤️

P. S. If you know any of Sharon's friends off this site (who aren't on Facebook), please let them know what's going on. Her sister is trying to contact as many as she can, but it's challenging not knowing some of her login info.
word count: 336
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: IMPORTANT!! About our friend Sharon

Post by stargazer »

Sherry, thank you so much for reaching out to as many people as you did on Facebook. I know that I wouldn’t have known what was happening without you. I’m so sad to hear of Sharon’s passing so please let me know if you need anything. *virtual hugs* We are all going to miss her so much. :(
word count: 60
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

stargazer wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:33 pm
Sherry, thank you so much for reaching out to as many people as you did on Facebook. I know that I wouldn’t have known what was happening without you. I’m so sad to hear of Sharon’s passing so please let me know if you need anything. *virtual hugs* We are all going to miss her so much. :(
Absolutely. *virtual hugs back

For anyone reading this who wasn't part of our Facebook thread, I'm so very very sorry to say that Sharon passed away this past Friday morning at around 4:10am El Paso time. Her sister wanted to send a big thank you and gratitude for those who were able to send messages, which she read to Sharon yesterday. She said that Sharon was still able to understand them, so I'm hopeful that she got a chance to hear how much we all cared for her.

I'd also like to relay a message from TJ, who has also been in contact with Sharon's sister during this difficult time. He asked me to let you know how immeasurably sad he is to learn of Sharon's passing, and wanted to send his love to all of you here on his site.

For my own part, there are so many words to be said, but I think I need to take a bit of time before being able to express it all here. In the meantime, I want to thank you for being such lovely friends to Sharon, and to each other, here on the site. I am very grateful for the years we got to know her and her funny, loving, thoughtful spirit. She will be greatly missed.
word count: 294
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

It's strange to be here again after so long, with the pandemic and the relative lack of TJ on screen having got me out of the habit of regular posting.No excuses. I got bound up in my own issues and neglected Sharon and my many friends here. I do love you all. What a treasure of intelligent, loyal, thoughtful, articulate people - like herself - Sharon created around this site. I can't believe she's gone, I was so hoping to travel and visit her on my retirement this coming July. Not to be. A salutary lesson - don't put things off or they may sadly never happen.

Sharon was one of the warmest, funniest, most honest, down to earth ladies I have ever known online or face to face. Her posts and emails put a smile on my face and her friendship was hugely important to me. I am so sad to know that I won't be able to share all this with her again and I hold out my arms to all out there so we can comfort one another. Very much love to you all.
word count: 190
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

I think we all understand Steph. We all have gotten busy with our lives and haven’t kept in touch as much as we had intended. I also thought that I would eventually make it to Texas and meet Sharon in person. We always think we have plenty of time to do things until we don’t. :( She was so kind and was always up for a chat. Now I regret reaching out to her more.

Sherry previously relayed to me that Sharon’s funeral will be on January 31st at 10am. I’ve since found out that it will be at the Ft Bliss Cemetery in El Paso, Texas.

I’ve been in contact with TJ via Instagram and he told me that Sharon’s sister had provided her address in case anyone wanted to send any condolence cards or whatnot. Her address is: Jeri Farrow 7367 Gulf Creek Drive. El Paso, TX. 79911.
word count: 155
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I was reading through some old messages tonight, ones that Sharon and I sent to one another over the past year, and came across this photo Sharon sent me. Back in May 2022, I sent her a care package (some food and beverages I hoped would be palatable during chemo, along with some head scarves and a Luke's Diner mug - we have a shared enjoyment of the show Gilmore Girls). One of the other things I added to the box for fun was a Bones related hat. It's a little hard to tell in the photo, because it's kind of fuzzy, but if you look closely, you can just make out the Jeffersonian logo. :romance-smileyheart:

What better place to share it than here where we all love Bones and TJ?

I already miss her like crazy. There's such an aching heart when I think about not being able to chat with her and laugh and share inside jokes and know that I can say things and she'll understand exactly what I'm talking about or where it's from. For example, how many people will immediately understand when I say, "Dr. Brennan. It's been a privilege."

Or, more humorously, "Hey, I got into the decontamination shower with Zack. Haven't I been through enough hell?" and "Although I believe organized religion is just another political movement designed to control the masses, doesn't mean God doesn't love me." and... "I know things that would curdle your blood! Including a formula that literally curdles blood!" ;-)

I may need to do a rewatch of the show in her honor.
word count: 273

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Steph and Kathy, thank you so much for your beautiful words about Sharon. Heartfelt and lovely.

And I completely understand about always thinking we'd have time. I always thought Sharon and I would get the chance to hang out in person. We would have had so much fun. It definitely hurts my heart to know that it won't happen now.
word count: 62

Daniela
Super Fan

Post by Daniela »

Oh goodness. Sorry for the really late reply. I haven´t been on here in ages, because life went a bit crazy.

I´m so sorry for Sharrons family and friends. It´s just awful. I´ve only been in contact with her every now and then but she was such a sweet person. She never mentioned a word about her illness, so reading this thread is just surreal.
word count: 69
"My life turned around but I´m still living my dreams" - Anastacia