TJ's visit

General TJ stuff
skftex
TJ Team Validator

TJ's visit

Post by skftex »

Hi everyone! So I guess you can see in the cbox I saw TJ again. Now that things have calmed down a bit, I'll tell you about it.

First off, this was completely unexpected, I did know he was driving across the country this summer, and had actually told him I'd show him around if he came the "southern route" but didn't think he was going to actually come this way since his answer was ":0)" So even though we had been discussing it on the twitter thread and he had said he was going "south" I hadn't talked to him much since May so didn't really think he'd be coming this way. I didn't ever say he never would, just to set the record straight. HAHA

So TJ texted me around 2:00 pm though I didn't notice it until around 2:10 since I'm not one of those people that is attached to their phone. In fact, I'm lucky that I just happened to pick it up then, because I go HOURS and sometimes a day or more without looking at it. ;-)

Anyway, he asked if I were in El Paso, and if my mom lived here, I said yes, and asked why. And he told me he was in New Mexico and he is on his way to San Antonio and had to be there tonight, but he thought he'd "do a drive by hug real quick" but didn't know what time if I lived near 10 E (he means interstate 10 which actually goes right through El Paso). I don't actually leave NEAR it but it isn't a huge problem to get to I-10 from anywhere in El Paso really, so I offered to meet him somewhere near there so he wouldn't have to go out of his way. So as he got closer to Texas, we arranged to meet at Krispy Kreme, chosen by me because it is very close to I-10 and very easy to find. He said that was okay, and gave me updates as he got closer and closer. He was outside of Las Cruces, then in Las Cruces, then at the state line. We had gone over there early and were hanging out in the Hobby Lobby because it was hot today, and it was cool in there. When he said he was at the state line, we headed over to the doughnut place and were there only two minutes when he pulled up. :) So I got one of his awesome hugs. Introduced him to my mother (who also got an awesome hug) and he introduced us to his girlfriend. Who is very sweet and lovely, just like him. Perfect couple. :)

Okay this story is longer than I intended. HAHA I think I caught some sort of virus from Sherry. So we went into Krispy Kreme, he bought us all something to drink and we sat and chatted for a while. He asked some things about me, my mother, my family, living in El Paso. Told me he'd been here before for speech contests when he was in high school (I probably wasn't here then, as I left EL Paso around the time he would have been in high school I think HAHA).

Then he talked a little about the people here on the site. And that was really what I wanted to tell about here. He first said the site probably would be gone if Steph and I hadn't helped him out, because he really had no time and no one to help. Then he said the people here are all so nice, and he thinks that is amazing. And while he said it was because of me, I told him it is because of HIM that he does attract the best sort of people. And it is true. I told him I love you all! He asked me who I'd met and he was surprised that I hadn't met anyone from here. He then mentioned that some of you had met, and I told him yes, Steph, Hanne, Jude and Simone have. And then he said how great it would be if we could all get together some day, and talked about how he really needs to get Steph over here. To which I agreed, because I really wish that could happen more than anything. We laughed a bit about something to do with fan mail that occurred last week that really amused him (I can't say on here what it was sorry), and he kept promising to get to them, he is so behind. And I admitted I'm quite a ways behind in answering the mail as well. :o Then he told my mother he wanted a photo with her, then said "and one with you" to me. HAHAHA But we never did just get the one with just me and him but that is okay. When we were going to take the photos that is when the guy said to him, "you look like that guy on that TV show" and we said yes he does. And he said I love that show, and so TJ went to him, asked the guy his name, introduced himself, and then introduced all of us to this random guy. LOL TJ really is amazing, and this guy was just so impressed. The guy then said to him, you are always playing with the bugs and are so into it, and TJ said "Well the character is" with a really cute look on his face. HAHA Then he walked my mother (telling her to hold his arm the whole way) back to the car, we talked a bit and more hugs and then they left, on their way to San Antonio. Which is a LOOONG drive from here and he probably isn't there yet (it is now 11:19 pm).

So anyway, I wanted you all to know how much he thinks of all of you, and how he really would like to meet each of you someday. I want you to know, those of you who come here and take the time to participate, he KNOWS your names and remembers you if you've been in a chat. And how much he appreciates how you all respect him when we chat, as well as how you all respect each other on here and how it is a "fabulous online community". :) And I love every one of you too, you each bring something unique to this community which is why I nag sometimes about posting, because what every one of you has to say is important. TJ knows it.
word count: 1132
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Re: TJ's visit

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

skftex wrote:Okay this story is longer than I intended. HAHA I think I caught some sort of virus from Sherry.
Hey! I heard that! :D

Personally, I thought your post could have been LONGER, Sharon! I mean, we here at TJThyne.com are happy to read about TJ all day. ;) HAHAHA

Seriously though, thank you for sharing your 'hanging out with TJ' story. It's fun, and yet again reminds us all how charming and lovely he is and why we like him so much. There's a reason I was drawn here in the first place, to seek out more information about him, and that's because 1) he's so wonderfully talented, I couldn't help but notice and want to celebrate that, and 2) everything I read about him seemed to indicate that he was a special person, very kind and generous and positive. I like that. I think we're all drawn to that energy he has. And your story demonstrates once again why.

And I agree with Sharon -- the people here who visit and chat are so wonderful, too. So many places on the internet (especially in fandom-related places) can become steeped in negativity and rudeness. It's extra amazing when you find a good group of people who are respectful of one another and care and listen and communicate so nicely together. And that's definitely what we've got here!

Team TJ all the way! (LOL.)

:romance-smileyheart:
Last edited by Sinkwriter72 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 244
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

Oh wow, Sharon! That's amazing. This right here is why we all love him so much...
The fame hasn't gotten to his head. Just like any one of us.
I'm so glad you got to see him :)
It's just... Astonishing that TJ would actually think of all of us like he would a friend. And that he wants to meet us all!! That would be amazing.

And he's right, you know. Without you two, this site wouldn't be around. You're amazing women, and as lucky as we are to have TJ, we're all crazy lucky to have you.

and heehee. I was in a hobby lobby today too! Working!
I might have to send TJ some more mail here in awhile. Let him know how much I appreciate his making our lives a bit brighter.

And now I'm falling asleep. Heh.
Glad today was great, Sharon!! :romance-smileyheart:
(PS I'm jealous! I could use a TJ hug)
word count: 165
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.

omelette73
Super Fan

Post by omelette73 »

This is awesome Sharon!
TJ is always the most sweet guy ever, and I agree with him about how important and valuable is your and Steph work for this community, I managed for 5 years the Bones Italian Community, and it was a crazy work (and this is the official TJ's site), not like the Bones Italian Forum, which is just a fan site.

So I guess TJ, with this gesture of coming see you - and your mom! - just wanted to show you how much he appreciate your commitment, you both deserve it!
word count: 94

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I'm moved. Not quite sure why.
It could be
that TJ said such nice things about us & wants to meet us..
that everyone here is so great and caring...
that the site is really exceptional and that I have helped to make it so...
that someone I respect and care about hugely wants to meet me (thanks for the kind words Sharon!)...
that TJ is such a lovely, genuine person...

The list goes on. Have a big Wow and a cyberhug, Sharon. :D In fact, all of you. Giving away hugs today.
word count: 92
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Hugs all around! :D

Steph -- you, Sharon and TJ make this site what it is, and I am very grateful for that. Love all around for you!
word count: 26
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Of course TJ wants to meet you. He loves you Steph! As do we all! :D
word count: 15
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Here is the cropped photo, my mother didn't want to be put on here, so had to take her out.

My hair looks horrible, I should have just left it in the ponytail it was in when TJ first told me he was coming. HAHA
word count: 46

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

Yay!! That's so awesome!!! Thanks for sharing Sharon! :dance:
word count: 9
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

omelette73
Super Fan

Post by omelette73 »

You, TJ and his FBI cap are simply perfect!
word count: 9

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Did "Hodgins" steal that FBI cap from "Booth"? ;)

Adorable picture, Sharon!
word count: 11

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

If I had noticed the FBI cap I'd have asked. But I didn't notice it until I got home HAHAHA Things that are written on caps are NOT what you care about when he's standing right there. :D :D
word count: 40

omelette73
Super Fan

Post by omelette73 »

I agree, you tend to be distracted when you have TJ next to you! LOL

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I can't help it, I'm a details girl. :D
word count: 10

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Sure, easy for you to say. We'll see how you do when you actually meet him. ;)
word count: 17

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

Garsh, I just luv him. :romance-smileyheart:

I want to meet everybody too!!
word count: 11
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

skftex wrote:Sure, easy for you to say. We'll see how you do when you actually meet him. ;)
As delightful as that would be, I can't see that happening anytime soon. So I'm not worried. :D

Ang, I totally agree. I think it would be amazing and so fun to meet you all.
word count: 55

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

It would be awesome if we could get together and have a little TJ convention! :-D :icon-lol: :icon-lol: :icon-lol:
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

omelette73
Super Fan

Post by omelette73 »

stargazer wrote:It would be awesome if we could get together and have a little TJ convention! :-D :icon-lol: :icon-lol: :icon-lol:
A TJ Convention sounds like the best idea ever!
A full day of Bones, Shuffle, future projects and Africa, because we learnt he loves to talk about Africa! :icon-lol:
word count: 45

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

Oooh totally agree with this idea of TJ convention ;)
Meeting you all would be awesome ^_^
The waffle conspiracy...