CHAT RULES AND INFO

General TJ stuff
tjadmin
Site Admin
Mood:

CHAT RULES AND INFO

Post by tjadmin »

Hello everyone! We just want to share some things about future chats with TJ. For the most part everyone has been great, but we feel after the last one we need to just remind people of some things.

First off, TJ is giving up his time to do these chats for you, and yes, we believe that you should make some sort of investment back to TJ, by participating in the forums in order to be invited. No exceptions.

Welcome section posts do not gain you an invite. This is a site is about TJ, and while we of course want to hear about you, we do believe you must show some sort of interest in his work in order to gain an invitation. The ONLY exceptions are new members who introduce themselves in the intro thread will be invited one time based on their intro post. Any posts after that in the welcome section do not gain an invitation.

CHAT DATE AND TIME ARE NOT TO BE MADE PUBLIC. If you are invited please do not discuss it on social media or in the cbox here prior to the chat.

Now a few things about the chats.

1. When TJ arrives, of course everyone is going to say hello to him and there will be a few minutes of just regular chat. That is fine, but please do not bombard him with questions. Everyone will get a chance to ask him at least one question, and he misses things if you all start asking them at one time.

2. The chats are for a limited time and we want everyone to have a chance to ask TJ a question and be able to read/understand his answer. Please be respectful and do not constantly post messages while TJ is answering a question. Not everyone is a native English speaker and it takes longer for some to understand his answers, please give the person who ask the questions and everyone else a chance to read what he says, and not have to hunt for the answer in chatter about non-related topics.

TJ may choose to use the audio option of the chat. If that happens, of course, chatting is not as much of an issue but remember that TJ does sit and read the chat as he talks and it does distract him sometimes so while he is talking try not to get too off subject in your chatting.

3. Once TJ has finished answering a question, feel free to comment about it. There will be a slight bit of overlap of course when we move on to the next question but once you see or hear the admin/moderator move on to the next person to ask a question, try to not keep commenting, because again, things get lost and we want to be fair to everyone. Again if TJ use the audio portion this is not so much of an issue but same as above applies, new question, try to keep comments appropriate to the subject being discussed.

4. Please DO NOT post anything from the chat anywhere outside of this forum. TJ does not want the chats to be for the general public that is why we do them by invitation only. DO NOT RECORD the audio of the chat! If we find there are recordings of the chats, we will stop having them. TJ asked that it not be done, and I hope you all respect his wishes. After the chat is over, it is okay to discuss in the cbox or in the feedback thread things that were said during the chat. You can also feel free to thank TJ on twitter for doing the chat (which actually if you have a twitter account would be a very, very good thing to do!)

4. Do not ask personal questions. Luckily we've never had an issue with those sorts of questions but just so it is known they will not be allowed nor will TJ answer them. If you do ask a person question you will be told that TJ will not answer it, and given a warning. Do not keep asking or you will be removed from the chat. If you are not sure whether the question you want to ask is too personal, please feel free to contact ThyneAlone, tjadmin, or skftex via pm and ask us if it is an appropriate questions anytime prior to the start of the chat.

5. Because Bones episodes air at different times throughout the world, there may be things discussed that have not aired outside the United States. So please be aware that you may hear some spoilers for episodes if you live outside the U.S.. Sometimes TJ may say a little (very little usually) about future episodes but usually everything discussed has already aired in the US.

6. An issue came up in the last chat with someone trying to use a smart phone to access the chat. While it is fine to do that if you know how and it works for you, I have no control over whether the chat we choose to use works with phones and have no way to test this. Just a word of caution that if you do attempt it and it might not work so well so it is probably better to use a laptop or desktop if you don't want to have issues and miss the chat.

If we feel anyone is not respecting other fans, TJ, or the admins, we will issue a warning to you IN THE CHAT. If we feel you ignore the warnings, we will inform you that you will be banned and you will be removed from the chat, but luckily we have never had to do this and hopefully never will.

Please comment on this post stating you have read and understand the rules of the chat.
word count: 990

tjadmin
Site Admin
Mood:

Re: CHAT RULES AND INFO

Post by tjadmin »

Just so you know, if you haven't qualified for an invitation there is still time to do so.
word count: 19

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Sounds good to me, Sharon! :D
word count: 5

80sgirl
Fan

Post by 80sgirl »

Totally understand, and thanks for the invite!
word count: 7

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

I agree! ^_^

:banana-dance:
word count: 4
The waffle conspiracy...

omelette73
Super Fan

Post by omelette73 »

Read and understood, and thank you for the care you have for us foreign fans, sometimes it's not easy to follow everything, at least to me!
And thank you for the invite!
word count: 33

tjadmin
Site Admin
Mood:

Post by tjadmin »

Everyone who has commented above has been sent the info. :) Any questions about the time where you live should be asked in a PM to tjadmin, skftex, or ThyneAlone.

Thanks!
word count: 30

aurelie
Fan

Post by aurelie »

BONJOUR, je déclare avoir lu et compris les règles du chat. Et merci pour l'invitation.
word count: 18

ettaarg
Fan

Post by ettaarg »

Yes! I have read the T&C's of chat!

Excited!!
word count: 11

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

Yay! Rules understood. Glad to have another chance for some interaction with TJ and you lovely ladies! :)
word count: 17
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

Aye' Aye' Captain. Thank you!
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

tjadmin
Site Admin
Mood:

Post by tjadmin »

Everyone above has been sent the information.

HanaTheAwesomeOne
Fan

Post by HanaTheAwesomeOne »

Saweet As :smile: I've read & Agree 8-) Thanks so much&I'm glad there's Rules I was so Lost the last time (since it was my first chat lol).

:banana-dance:
word count: 31

iamlladoc
Fan

Post by iamlladoc »

Hey ya! I've read the terms for the chat and I understand it. Thank you for inviting me!:D
word count: 20

tjadmin
Site Admin
Mood:

Post by tjadmin »

Info sent to Hana and iamlladdoc.

Anyone who didn't receive information about the next chat you still have time to post and get invited.
word count: 25

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Read and understood the rules!

ohhelloarianna
Fan

Post by ohhelloarianna »

coolios! read and understood :)
"The thought of losing so much control over personal happiness is unbearable... Like wings, they have weight... but they are a burden that lifts us. Burdens which allow us to fly."- Dr. Jack Stanley Hodgins IV (The End in the Beginning)

AnaisSolange
Fan

Post by AnaisSolange »

I'm agree with this rules, I have read and understood. Thanks for the invitation, I'm so happy to have a chance to talking with TJ
word count: 27

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

I understand the rules. :) Can't wait!! :happy-cheerleaderkid:
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

MariaDiaper
Fan

Post by MariaDiaper »

I understand the rules! :)
Met TJ on 12/07/2014 at London Film & Comic Con.