April 2015 CHAT WITH TJ FEEDBACK

General TJ stuff
tjadmin
Site Admin
Mood:

April 2015 CHAT WITH TJ FEEDBACK

Post by tjadmin »

Hi everyone, getting this up here for those that attended the chat. Please feel free to be honest and let us know what you thought! I hope you all enjoyed it, I think it went really well, and I loved the questions you all came up with! GOOD JOB!

Sharon
word count: 50

omelette73
Super Fan

Re: April 2015 CHAT WITH TJ FEEDBACK

Post by omelette73 »

I don't really have much to say, everything was actually enjoyable and fun, and I loved the questions. If I think about the first chats I attended, they were definitely more messy compared to this one. I love that we can hear TJ's voice, it's less confusing.
I can't really think about something I didn't enjoy yesterday, not even the time, it was super late, we finished at 2 AM, but it's not like we do that every day, so I have zero problem with it.
Highlight of the chat...TJ's "you mean physically?" answer...I swear I was about to chocke!

If you really want me to look for a needle in a haystack, I can tell you that a couple of time Sharon, Steph and TJ voices overlapped in the chat, and I didn't hear few words. But, as I said, it wasn't really a problem.

So, thank you again girls, as always you rocked!
Last edited by omelette73 on Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 166

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I thought this one was wonderful. TJ sounded really relaxed into it and I laughed a lot and had such a good time. Really, you members made it terrific - excellent questions and such beautiful manners, no interrupting, no rudeness even when eager to say something. I do apologise for sometimes talking over the others; it was because it felt so much like a normal conversation! I also hope I gave everyone a fair crack of the whip and that no-one had an unanswered question *crosses fingers* or felt left out. I know that there are those of you who prefer to listen and not chat much, but I equally hope that no-one had too many problems with understanding. If anyone did, please say and we'll try to work at a slightly slower pace in future - it's hard to rein TJ in sometimes!
Love you all - you were brilliant.
If I had to give a special bouquet though - apart from to TJ who is always so generous with that precious commodity, his time - it would be to my valued friend and colleague Sharon who sets these great parties up. Love her to bits. GREAT JOB SHARON! YOU ROCK!!! :happy-cheerleaderkid:
word count: 201
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Sculder1013
Super Fan

Post by Sculder1013 »

Hey Ladies :)

Last night was so great! Thanks so much for the invite and to TJ for being so great with us all.

TJ was so friendly and warm and funny. I don't think I could fault him last night in any way. I LOVED his random long winded answers they were so fun because he didn't just answer a question he gave an entire story for every answer. I am sure we were all really grateful for that. He had us all laughing so much!!!! From what I could tell, everyone had their questions answered and even though the chat was only an hour we got through SO much! It was really really great and being able to actually HEAR TJ's voice as apposed to just seeing him type was awesome because it hit home that we were actually talking to TJ... it was ACTUALLY TJ...there...with us... TALKING TO US! So so so cool. I think the only thing that could make it better for me would be if TJ was on vid... but to be honest I was completely 100% happy with just audio.

The only thing that was a bit of a pain was the character count, as if you had a message to send that was more than say 10 words then it cut off and I could see my message but the readers couldn't ... so having to break messages up in to a few comments was more difficult as other messages would pop up in between your messages and it could be hard for TJ to keep track. But that's my only very small pain point about it.

It was SO SO great and I really hope I get to attend another one. It was a great laugh and we learned so much from TJ.

Here's to hoping TJ can get back over to the UK again soon too! *raises my glass*

Thanks again!

Emma
word count: 328

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Good point about the character limit. Do we have any control over that, o omniscient partner (that would be Sharon)?
word count: 20

MariaDiaper
Fan

Post by MariaDiaper »

Hi guys! I really enjoyed last night's chat, was looking forward to it and it exceeded my expectations! I loved how interactive he was with us, and he was so polite and kind. I also enjoyed the stories he attached to each question answered, especially when talking about Bones as it gave us an interesting insight into how the show runs.

I really enjoyed how there were only a few of us so we could properly interact with TJ and with other members, and I know that I felt that TJ, Sharon and Steph really made the experience worthwhile and enjoyable. It was very well organised and ran very smoothly.

I can't fault the chat at all, it was perfect in every single way and I want to thank Sharon and Steph for the invitation and the opportunity to have a chat with TJ. Thank you for allowing some of us to ask two questions, that was kind of both of you and of TJ to allow us extra time.

Thank you again for the chat, and I hope to attend the next one; it was so enjoyable!
word count: 190
Met TJ on 12/07/2014 at London Film & Comic Con.

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hello everyone!

Thank you those that have posted about the chat. I'm glad everyone seemed to enjoy it and glad that the time wasn't a huge factor for those of you staying up so late on a weekday! How awesome is it that you all think getting a chance to spend time with TJ is worth it. I love you all for that!

So let me address a few things, Emma, unfortunately character length is set by tinychat and I can't change it. I have to tell you it annoyed me from the first but its a small thing compared to the things that tinychat can do that I think we'll just have to live with that one. Also, yes, it'd be great to have TJ on video, but for now, he'd rather not. It is a possibility and maybe someday we'll get him to do it, but hearing his voice I think is so awesome because yes, you KNOW it is TJ.

The other thing was the talking over each other thing. I apologize for that. I think part of that is we on the audio experience a little bit of a delay, which you as the audience don't know about, so we hear silence and start talking but sometimes we ALL would start talking at the same time. I think next time I'll try to not say as much because it is better to just let TJ talk, maybe that'll help that little problem. :romance-smileyheart:

Thanks again! I hope a few more of you that attended the chat will let us know what you thought!

Not sure I've ever explained fully how I determine who gets invited to the chat and why. Each time we have a chat, the date is marked and that is the cutoff date for the NEXT chat. So, if you posted today, anywhere but the Welcome section (except new people introducing themselves), you qualify for the next one. The chat yesterday had a HUGE window of opportunity for people because it had been not quite a year since the last one, so from April 27th, 2014 to April 16th, 2015 anyone that posted was invited. Even if you post for the first time THE DAY OF THE CHAT, I'd invite you. I feel that gives everyone an equal opportunity to be invited, you all just have to take advantage of it!

Sharon
word count: 410
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Consuelo
Fan
Mood:

Post by Consuelo »

Hi everyone it was a pleasure to meet you all. It was great to be part something special talking to Tj and getting to know you all and getting to know him too :)

The thing I enjoyed the most is him answering our questions. And his luagh got to love it.

Many thanks to Sharon and Steph for making it possible for the fans to get a chance, hear him and answer our questions ;-)

Luv Consuelo xx
word count: 77
Jack hodgins Is the king of the lab:

AnaisSolange
Fan

Post by AnaisSolange »

Hi!
Thanks again for this amazing chat, I'm feeling special with this evenement. It was awesome to hear TJ, I was laughing so much. It was absolutely perfect, I understood the totality of this chat and I'm French. It was amazing to talk with him and everybody. He responded to all the questions I wanted to know, everyone was nice, so I hope to make another chat. It was my dream to talk with him.

Great organisation, I could never thank you enough for what you have done for us.
word count: 92

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

skftex wrote:
The other thing was the talking over each other thing. I apologize for that. I think part of that is we on the audio experience a little bit of a delay, which you as the audience don't know about, so we hear silence and start talking but sometimes we ALL would start talking at the same time. I think next time I'll try to not say as much because it is better to just let TJ talk, maybe that'll help that little problem.
Yes, I think you are right, Sharon; during a conversation the instinct is to fill up silence, especially to prevent TJ feeling awkward (which, heavens' sakes, is highly unlikely!!). I have to say that though you are all probably unaware of it, I do have a weather eye on the time to make sure everyone gets a fair turn; if I interrupted on that basis, rest assured I was well-intentioned and also a little bit anxious that I might be breaking the flow of a fun chat!
Sharon, honestly, you didn't talk much at all, I was almost wondering if you were feeling a bit sidelined! I'm the one with the verbal diarrhoea, which I will try to curb (soz about that image btw; just wanted to show off my spelling.. :P).
word count: 222

Sculder1013
Super Fan

Post by Sculder1013 »

Have our lovely Admin spoke to TJ since? What did he think of the chat if so?
word count: 17

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi Emma,

I haven't really talked to TJ since, he sent me a thank you message after the chat, said it was fun!
word count: 24
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro