WALES COMIC CON APRIL 8-9 2017

General TJ stuff
Sculder1013
Super Fan

WALES COMIC CON APRIL 8-9 2017

Post by Sculder1013 »

YAY!!

TJ has been announced for Wales Comic Con in April!
This is fantastic as I am already going to this!!!!

I can't wait to see TJ again and give him a big hug! Who's coming????
word count: 38

tjadmin
Site Admin
Mood:

Re: WALES COMIC CON APRIL 2017

Post by tjadmin »

Thanks for posting this Emma, I've made it where it'll be at the top and added the dates of the days he'll be there. :) Wish I could go but of course, way way too far for me! Hope you are able to go and see our man though!
word count: 51

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: WALES COMIC CON APRIL 8-9 2017

Post by ThyneAlone »

Totally impossible for me I'm afraid as I will be in the depths of rural Normandy with 30 recalcitrant 10-11-year-olds.
But to be absolutely honest, I would be disinclined to attend anyway. That last one, six hours queuing in blazing heat to reach the actual building when everything was near-closing or booked up and then precisely one minute with TJ, just time for a photo - well, it kind of puts you off, y'know?
word count: 79
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Consuelo
Fan
Mood:

Post by Consuelo »

Does anyone know if he is coming to London :)

Consuelo xxx
word count: 11
Jack hodgins Is the king of the lab:

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Consuelo wrote:Does anyone know if he is coming to London :)

Consuelo xxx
There is nothing about London so far. If he announces a con there it will be posted though.
word count: 31
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Consuelo
Fan
Mood:

Post by Consuelo »

Thanks xx
word count: 2

Sculder1013
Super Fan

Post by Sculder1013 »

I'm so excited to see TJ again! I have bought my photo op and I've got most of my "Squint" cosplay sorted! Just need to put it all together now :) can't wait to post pics!

I'm sorry you guys can't make it.
I go to WCC twice a year every year and I am so happy TJ is coming this time - he will LOVE it!
word count: 70

Sculder1013
Super Fan

Post by Sculder1013 »

:happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-cheerleaderkid:

Well wow! What a truly awesome time I had with TJ today! He never ceases to amaze me how lovely and friendly and just AMAZING he is!

I will post some pics later when I can shrink them down to a suitable size. But I wanted to post first to tell you all about my day!

I dressed in my blue lab coat that I have had my name and the badge stitched on to, and I attached my security pass which I made myself. TJ said he loved my outfit and said that it was really great.

I had my photo taken with him by the professional photographer, and I held up a QUEEN OF THE LAB sign and when I asked him to cross his arms for the photo we both just giggled at said at the same time "and look really mad yeah?" Haha. So we did the pose and the pic was taken and it turned out SO well.

I then went to the Q&A and TJ answered different questions about Bones and 24 and other projects he is planning. He actually said as well that he went to audition for a part in Designated Survivor with Kiefer Sutherland, but filming was going to be at the same time as Wales Comic Con, so he didn't end up doing it because he wanted to make sure he came and saw his fans. HOW SWEET IS THAT!?!? Totally amazing. Hopefully he will still be able to go film with that show another time. It's a great show.

I asked him 2 questions and he took time to answer them fully and asked us a bunch of questions too. He was wearing his baseball shirt that he had made for all the cast with BONES written on the front and his name THYNE with a 12 on the back. Oh and he walked in wearing a crown haha! We had a great laugh with him.

I then went to meet him for an autograph and a chat. He took a lot of time talking to everyone and making sure they were happy and he was giving out little goody bags with bugs etc in them. Sadly he has ran out by the time I met him but he signed my QUEEN OF THE LAB sign for free and gave me big hugs. We had another photo and had a chat about Sweets and Aubrey and he said it was great to meet me and gave me more hugs. He gave me his crown to wear for the photo haha.

I also got his event poster which I paid a donation for and TJ signed that for me too.

All in all I'd say I had a successful TJ day :romance-smileyheart:

TJ if you read this - THANK YOU SO MUCH! I love ya! Can't wait to see your new movies when they come out.
word count: 489

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Thank you so much for sharing Emma! Really great to hear about these cons! Of course I've seen a lot of photos on twitter, but still love to hear about the actual meeting, the panel and the questions, things like that! :romance-smileyheart: I'm sure people would LOVE to see your photos as well. :smile:

While I don't know that TJ will see your comment, a lot of us that couldn't make it will and love to hear about it! I do love that he wore a crown out when he came out for the panel. I'm wondering how many crowns people gave him this weekend. ;-) :laughing-rolling:
word count: 108
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sculder1013
Super Fan

Post by Sculder1013 »

I am so happy to share my time with TJ with everyone! I feel lucky to have gotten to meet him again.

I have shared the website link and forum link on the Wales Comic Con FB group and hopefully we can pull some new members in to share their stories and photos. I am going to have a look at Instagram as well and see how many cool photos I can find on there too. The ones I have seen so far have been superb.

I am just trying to shrink my own photos down now and then I will post :smile:

As for the questions I asked during the Q&A session. I told him that Hodgins is one of the nicest guys in the show, just as he is one of the nicest guys any of us have ever met in real life... and I wondered how difficult it was to film scenes in the latest seasons where he had to be REALLY horrible to Angela. Going from someone so nice and caring to someone really mean must have been difficult. He laughed and said "yeah... but ya know that was totally my fault too" haha. He said that he had talked with the writers and producers etc and told them he feels like Hodgins needs to be horrible for a while because it would be true to life that even the nicest most caring of people could become nasty when faced with certain things in their lives. The writers wanted it to be only for 1 episode but he pushed back and said it wouldn't be realistic. So they kept it for a bit longer before Hodgins became more like himself again.

I also asked about the scripts and how hard it is to learn his lines (and the other squints too) because there are a lot of HUGE words and scientific terms in there haha. He said they don't get very long to learn their lines but they usually manage to do it in 1 or 2 takes. He also said he just got used to reeling off big scientific terms and he could do it quite fast now haha. And he said that it has never just been about learning lines for them - they all would do the scenes but then go a study what the words actually meant etc. He said when you think about it you could really learn a lot from the show if you wanted to.

Someone asked him about how much input he had in to his character and he said he worked with the writers to make sure Hodgins was right for the show etc.

Someone else asked about what it was like filming 24 with Kiefer and he told us about how he was filming that at the same time as he was auditioning for Bones, so the network got to watch the footage from 24 and it helped him get the role of Hodgins.

He was asked what it was like being in the wheelchair after being able to walk/run around the set to suddenly being in the chair. He said that he used to get to set early and most of the cast and crew would only ever see him in the chair. He would stay in it even when not filming. So most of them for 18 months only ever saw him in the chair. And at the very end of filming the final episode he stood up to do a speech and everyone was taken aback for a second because no one had seen him standing for so long. haha.

He was asked about his favourite experiments and he said he had loads of fun with SO many of them but generally any where any gunge, blood or guts etc were thrown at Cam were his favourite. He laughed and said that they also got Booth with some guts etc a few times and so they made sure that they loaded the thing with extra goop to get him with hahaha.

He asked us what our favourite episodes were and if we wanted to see more. And if they were to make a Bones movie would we go see it.
He talked about pitching the idea of a "Squints" show where Hodgins would lead the squints around solving crimes etc. But the Network turned it down. I shouted out that he needs to pitch it again and MAKE them pick it up, because he need to see more Hodgins and the squints. He laughed and said it would be great.

It was SUCH a great Q&A session.
word count: 777

Sculder1013
Super Fan

Post by Sculder1013 »

Hopefully these wont be too big but if they are let me know and I will resize again.

word count: 18

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Love the photos Emma thanks! By the way you can't put photos that are too big, as I have set a size limit for the board so we don't have that issue anymore. If they are too big you'd be alerted when you tried to submit your post. I think it is 800 x 800, but not certain. But it is plenty big without making the board go wonky. ;)

And thanks for telling us about the Q&A as well! Interesting. :D
word count: 84

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Here is a little story about the con, with a photo of TJ and a little paragraph about him being there. :)

https://blazingminds.co.uk/wales-comic- ... eo-photos/
word count: 29

Consuelo
Fan
Mood:

Post by Consuelo »

Thanks for sharing Emma :)

Consuelo xxx
word count: 6

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hey Emma!
Thank you so much for all this fantastic detail. It made me feel like I was there, and it's such a beautiful pen-portrait of the star person that TJ is. Lovelove the photos too.
You'll have to allow me a little bit of envy as I think it'll be a very long time before TJ is ever again only a few miles from where I am (I'm even closer than you!). Very frustrating not to be able to be there! Especially as I suspect it would have been a far nicer experience than the benighted, mismanaged one I had in London a couple of years ago. But never mind, other opportunities will arise. I am honestly delighted for you and all the others who got to meet the King of the Lab this time round and I hope I'll be in amongst you all next time to say hi and give a big hug not only to TJ but to the greatest fellow fans ever. :romance-heartstiny:
word count: 173
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I'm with you, Steph! I can't imagine an opportunity to meet TJ myself, but I am loving all these stories and the marvelous details. So fun to hear about your experiences and see the photos. Fantastic. :D

Thanks for sharing it with us, Emma!
word count: 45
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Yes, thank you, Emma. Wish I could have been there. Steph, we will meet him again.
word count: 16
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Lonia
Super Fan

Post by Lonia »

Thank you Emma, for sharing your story. That was great to read. And also thanks for all the really nice photos :smile:
word count: 21

Daniela
Super Fan

Post by Daniela »

I just read your report, Emma. Thank you for sharing your story and the photos. He´s simply too cute with his Fans. :)
word count: 23
"My life turned around but I´m still living my dreams" - Anastacia

Engelke
Fan

Post by Engelke »

Sculder1013 wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:13 pm
I am so happy to share my time with TJ with everyone! I feel lucky to have gotten to meet him again.
So glad to read about your time with TJ. What a nice guy he is. Thanks for sharing.
word count: 49