Fan Mail

General TJ stuff
Daisy_A
Fan

Fan Mail

Post by Daisy_A »

I know most of you must have sent fan letters to TJ through the 'Bones' adress; but how long did it take to get a reply back? I sent mine about three/four months ago and am still waiting :(
word count: 39

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Re: Letters

Post by TJ4ever »

Hi Rose!

I sent a letter to the 'Bones' address last year in December and haven't got a reply, yet. But this was due to the writers strike. The former M Team told us that TJ might not get this fanmail. Don't know what happened to my letter to TJ.

Maybe one of the others can tell you how long it normally takes?

Simone
word count: 66
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

I read in TJ's section of fanmail.biz that one girl said it took like.. 1 month for him to reply, she send the letter late December and she had his reply late January. The other I think said something about sending it on November and having the reply on December but I don't remember clearly.

Here it is the site. But right now I can't enter. I don't know if it's a problem of my server or it's that the site's server is down.
word count: 92
~ s o f i

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Hi Sofi!
I saw this site, too. But that's a different address there. Not the 'Bones' (FOX) address.

Simone
word count: 20

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Oh, sorry Sofi! I saw now that the people who got an autograph sent their letters to the 'Bones' (FOX) address. Well, then I guess they misplaced my letter or it is lost! :(
Maybe I'll try again.

Simone
word count: 39

Daisy_A
Fan

Post by Daisy_A »

Yeah, I'm a member on fanmail.biz (Temperance Rose :wink: ) I just really wanted a reply and I know it usually takes 3-4 months
word count: 25

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

Daisy_A wrote:Yeah, I'm a member on fanmail.biz (Temperance Rose :wink: ) I just really wanted a reply and I know it usually takes 3-4 months
Wait wait wait. Are you Temperance Rose from emilydeschanel.com forum?
:?: :?:
TJ4ever wrote:Well, then I guess they misplaced my letter or it is lost! :( Maybe I'll try again.
Try again!! I'll be sending mine this week next to the one for Tamara Taylor.. :oops: Let's hope they arrive safely, I'm pretty positive they will.
word count: 86
~ s o f i

Daisy_A
Fan

Post by Daisy_A »

Wait wait wait. Are you Temperance Rose from emilydeschanel.com forum?
:?: :?:
The one and only :wink:
word count: 15

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Somebody start singing "It's a small world..."

:mrgreen:

I love how this show and TJ and his site are bringing people together. It's amusing and lovely at the same time. Life's funny.
word count: 34
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

Daisy_A wrote:The one and only :wink:
Hi!!! I'm sofi (emilydeschanelnews.blogspot.com sofi), sofi_arg at ED.com forum, which by the way is up again!! I wrote an email to you a while back with hollywoodgilrl's myspace. You left a message at my blog to see if I had anything of her because you needed to contact her... I never got an answer so I don't know if you received it or not :P

Anyway, you are very right Sherry, it's amazing how we all get bumping with each other in different sites and things related to the show. This one goes to TJ and his brilliant idea of making the site+forum. :D
word count: 118
~ s o f i

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

It tickles me, Sofi. It really and truly does. :D
word count: 9

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

...for which reason, don't forget to visit the Do I Know You thread in the Welcome forum, so we can catch on to old friends more easily!
word count: 28
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

English Al
Fan

Post by English Al »

I tend not to write to people in another country for autographs (apart from contacting TJ via the website).

I'm also on fanmail.biz, not very often though. I've mainly put up autographs from football (soccer) players that I've received after sending them their trading card. I have over 150 players from 2005/06 alone.
word count: 58

Daisy_A
Fan

Post by Daisy_A »

Yeah I don't think I have one autograph from a different country apart from the studio fanmail ones of Emily Deschanel, David Boreanaz and Courtney Cox. All my others are from England.
word count: 33

English Al
Fan

Post by English Al »

I've emailed a few from studio fanmail. It was only a few weeks back so I haven't had a reply yet.
word count: 23

bonesaddict11
Super Fan

Post by bonesaddict11 »

English Al wrote:I'm also on fanmail.biz, not very often though. I've mainly put up autographs from football (soccer) players that I've received after sending them their trading card. I have over 150 players from 2005/06 alone.
Whoa. That's so cool! I didn't know you could do that. Who are some of the people you got autographs from? Anyone I might know? I'm a pretty big soccer fan. :D
word count: 76

English Al
Fan

Post by English Al »

Jens Lehmann (ex-Arsenal and Germany)
Ashley Cole (Arsenal and England)
Pascal Cygan (ex-Arsenal)
Gilberto Silva (Arsenal and Brazil)
Robert Pires (ex-Arsenal and ex-France)
Freddie Ljungberg (ex-Arsenal and Sweden)
Robin Van Persie (Arsenal and Netherlands)

I could keep going but that's just the Arsenal cards I've got signed from 2005/06. As you're in America I have Brad Friedel as well for Blackburn. When I was young I sent a letter to Kasey Keller while he was at Leicester wishing him luck at one of the World Cups and got a nice reply with a signed photo as well. Keller is my favourite goalkeeper of all time.
word count: 114

Daisy_A
Fan

Post by Daisy_A »

emailing usually works well, I've got one from Dame Judi Dench- personalized through email.
word count: 15

English Al
Fan

Post by English Al »

Emailing Studio Fan Mail works anyway. Today I received not 1, but 5 through the post.

Charisma Carpenter (Cordy from Buffy and Angel)
Marg Helgenberger (Catherine from CSI)
Alex Rodriguez (A-Rod) from NY Yankees (been a Yankees fan for years, this is the first autograph from a player).

And the best two:

Alyson Hannigan (who I adore) and....

...David Boreanaz (I think we know him).

I'll have to send off for some more now.

Just waiting on TJ's, but I can wait :D
word count: 85

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

English Al wrote:Emailing Studio Fan Mail works anyway.
But these are all preprints, aren't they, Alan?

Simone
word count: 19