Fan Mail

General TJ stuff
carmen5731
Fan

Re: Fan Letters

Post by carmen5731 »

Thanks for the info guys. Now all i need to know is what to say to him, and I'm good lol :D
word count: 22
I can't relate to 99% of humanity- Seymore, Ghost World

AmyLynn
Fan

Post by AmyLynn »

Good luck Carmen...lol...That was the hardest part for me!!!! What to say? What to say?...lol
word count: 18

carmen5731
Fan

Post by carmen5731 »

AmyLynn wrote:Good luck Carmen...lol...That was the hardest part for me!!!! What to say? What to say?...lol
Thanks for the luck. I think I know what I'm going to say. The hard part is trying not to sound like a stalker or something. :lol:
word count: 47
I can't relate to 99% of humanity- Seymore, Ghost World

Dr.Valentine
Super Fan

Re: Fan Mail

Post by Dr.Valentine »

I sent TJ two letters, about one week apart, in june..It's really nerve wrecking every day when the mail comes, and i've grown to HATE Sundays!! No post, pfft, who thought of that one! (that's just my bitterness showing, I really wish postmen could have more time off than one week)

I hope nothing has happened to my letters, that they both reach him and he can find the time to say "I got them!". I don't know if my nerves can take a year and a half of waiting "/ but, I guess until then, I'll see!

P.S. I hand wrote both letters and sent them through the US Postal Service, I'll keep you posted on timing!
word count: 125
"Work hard, and love the work and the 'work' becomes nothing other than the love." - TJ Thyne

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Christina, if you just sent them in June, I doubt he even has them yet. Not that I think they got lost, but because I doubt he's picked up his mail from the FOX lot during the hiatus. Also, a month is not even close to the normal waiting time to get a response from him so you'll have to be patient.

Sharon
word count: 65
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

If it's any comfort I sent TJ an introductory mail around about the time I became a mod (late 2007) and he didn't actually dig it out of the heap until last year sometime. Sent something else Dec 2008 and was acknowledged in July 2009. He does get there eventually!
word count: 52
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Dr.Valentine
Super Fan

Post by Dr.Valentine »

skftex wrote:Christina, if you just sent them in June, I doubt he even has them yet. Also, a month is not even close to the normal waiting time to get a response from him so you'll have to be patient.

Don't worry, I know :] I was just posting a "beginning" time for the whole thing, so I wouldn't forget and therefore never know the total time it takes :]
word count: 72
"Work hard, and love the work and the 'work' becomes nothing other than the love." - TJ Thyne

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Okay Christina, just wanted to make sure. He'll get to it, he always does, but yeah, it takes awhile.

:) Sharon
word count: 21
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Dr.Valentine
Super Fan

Post by Dr.Valentine »

You know, I think he's the only celebrity I know who responds to his own fanmail, that's so amazing...And, even after years and years of letters- he's still reading!

Man, why can't more people be like TJ hahaha..
word count: 44

AmyLynn
Fan

Post by AmyLynn »

I wrote I think back in the beginning of March. Haven't heard anything yet, but I haven't expected to for a while, especially knowing that he handles his own fan mail, (which is classy.) I look foreward to the fact that one day, (when I'm not thinking about it or expecting it) maybe I'll just get a surprise when I open the mail box...lol
word count: 69

Leirin
Fan

Best day ever!

Post by Leirin »

I'm not sure if this is the right area, so I'm sorry if I'm wrong! I just had to tell you guys what happened to me today. It was amazing. Beyond amazing.

I was walking to the mailbox with my friend, fully expecting to find nothing but the regular junk mail. I opened it up, and there was a large envelope, but I still didn't get excited. I pulled it out, thinking it was art from a trade I was doing with someone from Wales. And then I saw it. The Bones return address. Inside the envelope was the coolest thing ever, it is definitely my prized possession. Just look at this photo! How could you not love it!
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh68 ... JThyne.png

I'm sorry if I seem like I'm bragging...I'm definitely not trying to, I'm just so grateful for this. I love that TJ cares about his fans. It's really quite amazing :D
word count: 167

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Re: Best day ever!

Post by SmackyKennedy »

Brag all you want :dance: Very cool, especially that he actually writes a note rather than just signs his name.
word count: 19
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

Leirin
Fan

Post by Leirin »

I'm so tempted to brag, I'm not even gonna lie :dance: I'm really glad he took the time to write a note too, and I thought it was really cool that he mentioned the board. He's such a great person :D
word count: 43

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Well I knew he was doing the autographs lately, but you are the first to mention receiving anything. Thanks for that. And I am THRILLED for you Leirin, brag away!!! TJ IS THE BEST!!!!

Sharon
word count: 35

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hi Leirin, so good to see you again, and with such great news!

TJ will always take time to personalise things. He is a sweetheart. I'm so happy for you and I am glad it made your day!
word count: 39

Leirin
Fan

Post by Leirin »

No problem Sharon, I couldn't keep this to myself! :D He's DEFINITELY THE BEST!

Good to see you again too! I'm really glad that he takes time to personalize things, it makes him even MORE awesome. It's been a whole day now and I'm still thrilled :lol:
word count: 50

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I want to hear how you feel now you've talked to him!!!!
word count: 13

Leirin
Fan

Post by Leirin »

Now that I've talked to him I feel...amazing, phenomenal, ecstatic, and flabbergasted. When he showed up I swear my heart actually stopped, and then I had a little palpitation and kept refreshing, just to make sure I wasn't imagining it...and then he SAID MY NAME and I just about died. No, scratch that, I DID die, but I came back because I couldn't miss a second of it. I'm so excited!!!! I feel like dancing and screaming and watching tons of Bones :D :dance:
word count: 88

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

*nods* All perfectly reasonable I think. :) :handgestures-thumbup:
word count: 6

Leirin
Fan

Post by Leirin »

It seemed like the most logical course of action, so I just went with the flow :P
word count: 16