Fan Mail

General TJ stuff
Lonia
Super Fan

Re: Fan Mail

Post by Lonia »

Did I read that right? The contact form here on the forum site is how I can write a fanletter and request an autograph? What about postage? I know that normally you should add postage when you request an autograph via "normal" mail.
word count: 43

English Al
Fan

Post by English Al »

English Al wrote:That sounds really great. I hope to have my autograph from TJ soon, although my email asking for one for rather short, but hay, he is King of the Show now! (the message is really dated).
Dated or not I received the autographed picture this morning :dance:

It reads: "Alan, you rock. Your king of the lab, TJ Thyne." He even added a nice smiley face.

By the look of the hand writing TJ also addressed the envelope and a thank you slip with his website address.

Nice one TJ :clap:
word count: 92

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

He seems to do it all by hand himself! I honestly don't think I could address that many envelopes without collapsing or losing the use of my wrist. But there we go. He does. Extraordinary man.
word count: 37
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Ellen
Super Fan

my reply

Post by Ellen »

Hey everybody! I've missed you all! Sorry it's been so long, I've been busy studying for my exams next month. Hope we are all well!

Just thought I'd tell you, I sent TJ a letter in December just before christmas and got my reply today! I'm so happy, I've been grinning like an idiot all morning! when the post came, I saw that it was from TJ before I opened it, and I thought I was in the house alone, so I kind of squeeled loudly in excitement, and I was very embarrassed to realize that I in fact was NOT alone in the house after all. oops! However, it has made my day and for some reason I felt the need to tell you all that. :D

thanks for reading.
xx
word count: 137
"What if it doesn't end like that? What if it doesn't go wrong?"-Dr Jack Hodgins

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

I know the feeling! :) Great that you're back, Ellen!
Simone.
word count: 11
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

delphiekat
Super Fan

Post by delphiekat »

Hello everyone!

My name is Kat, I just discovered this site and I love it!!! I saw that many of you sent letters to TJ (or as I'm new, should I say Mr. Thyne?)... Where did you address those letters? Is there a fan mail address specifically for him, or for the whole cast of Bones?

Thanks a lot!!!!!
word count: 60

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi Kat! Nice to have you here. I don't know the FOX address, you can look it up on the FOX site for Bones I think, if you prefer snail mail. Some of the people here sent an e-mail through the contact option on this site. It does get to him but it takes him awhile to answer. Also, just so you know, I'm the one that will initially respond to it, so I'll be reading whatever you write before it is sent on to TJ. But I can guarantee you that I keep everything confidential, I just need to read it so I can help TJ by sorting them first, making it easier for him when he has time to respond. :)

Again, WELCOME and hope we hear from you again.

Sharon
word count: 136
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

delphiekat
Super Fan

Post by delphiekat »

Thanks Sharon!

I checked the FOX website and sent them an email about that, but never got an answer :( I like to collect autographs from shows that I really love, and of course Bones (and TJ!) is one of them!

I usually don't post much, but I love to lurk :D so see you around!
word count: 55

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

You are welcome Kat. If I find a FOX address I'll let you know. You can request autographs through the contact form, just tell TJ whatever you want and include a mailing address and I'll send it on to him when I send the requests. He gets a lot of them through there and it is where he tells people to go if they meet him somewhere and want an autographed photo. It does take him quite awhile to answer whether you use snail mail or the contact form so I don't think one is faster than the other as far as response. Of course, we can't help with any of the other cast members autographs because we are only here because of TJ. I know Eric Millegan sends autographs if you request them through his website though.

Well that is okay if you just lurk, but hope you'll come out from time to time to let us know you are still here! ;) Oh, and to answer your question in your first post, you can call him TJ. We aren't formal here. :D

Sharon
word count: 189
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

AmyLynn
Fan

Fan Letters

Post by AmyLynn »

Ok, since I became a member of this website, and joined TJ's Fan page on FaceBook, I thought why not try the fan mail thing? So I sat down trying to figure out how to write a 'fan letter'. Well, I wrote my letter, with much consternation at the risk of sounding so lame...lol. You wouldn't think writing a letter would be hard, (and it isn't usually) but what do you say to someone who doesn't know you from the next average Joe on the side walk. I'm not the infatuated type, but I wanted to say I enjoyed the show, TJ's abilities and to commend his 'Official Website'. I found myself feeling like some psycho stalker :shifty: ...lol. It was really weird writing something other than a business letter to someone I don't know. My question is, How many other people have written fan letters and was it hard, how did you feel? :oops:
word count: 161

Leirin
Fan

Re: Fan Letters

Post by Leirin »

I know exactly what you mean! I collect autographs so I've written a ton of letters to people I admire and respect, and it really doesn't get any easier. It's hard because you feel like "some psycho stalker," lol. I find that it's a bit easier to write letters right after you watch something the person worked on, like Bones for TJ, because then everything is still fresh in your mind. But I guess it's just a hard thing to do, in general :P
word count: 88

AmyLynn
Fan

Post by AmyLynn »

Glad to know that I'm not the only one...lol!!!!
word count: 11

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

Haha I know how you feel. When I first joined, I also wrote a letter to TJ.
It was weird, because watching Bones, you feel like you know the person, or about them.
But they know nothing about you, and it's.. lol well, it's weird.
And I get the stalker thing, I felt like that too.
word count: 58
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

:) Kayleigh, Amy and Leirin.. I know what you're feeling. And that's comming from one who has sent TJ a fan letter - well it was mostly a "thank you note". Like you I also felt like a stalker eventhough I am thousand of miles away :lol: .. but instead I feel like a gratefull fan for the impact on my life..
At first I really had trouble on desciding wether to do it or not.. but I did it, which I'm glad that I did it.. because everytime I read my letter I start tearing up - don't know why, but I have a hunch to what could be the reason.. :-)
Didn't post it by regular mail - I sent it via FB.. Never thought I would get an answer.. but after about 6 months I got one.. His reply put a smile of my face for a week.. :D

So to be short.. don't hesitate doing it.. you'll never know what will happen. I surely didn't :D
word count: 169

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

:mrgreen: ha! Ladies!!!

How I understand you all!!! You have no idea how much I do!!! lol
I'm always worrying about what I write and always think my writings sound stupid, pompous or not interesting :)

So I let you imagine how it was to write a little note to TJ just to tell him how I like his work (^_^) I think I wrote at least 5 letters (and thinking about it, probably more than 5, it may be closer to 10 than 5...) and couldn't decide to send it or not. So I didn't write the date and I think I just wrote it the day I sent it :D

Even today I still think I shouldn't have written it the way I did, maybe should have said something else, or change some sentences... I'm just happy to know that he may have tons of letters, some may be worse than mine and he won't read it more than once :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :?

:whistle: :D
word count: 165
The waffle conspiracy...

AmyLynn
Fan

Post by AmyLynn »

cutenebula wrote:: some may be worse than mine and he won't read it more than once
LOL! I guess that's one way to look at it! There's always gonna be someone out there that makes us look good right?...lol :lol:
word count: 43

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

LOL Amy Lynn!!!
That's it, exactly!!! :mrgreen:
word count: 7
The waffle conspiracy...

carmen5731
Fan

Post by carmen5731 »

I would love to send him a letter, or e-mail, but I'm not sure where to send it. Can anyone give me an idea, I would greatly appreciate it. :)
word count: 31
I can't relate to 99% of humanity- Seymore, Ghost World

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

At the top of the page, Carmen, there's a contact button.
Click on that, and you can send TJ a message.
Sharon will forward it on to him, and he'll get to it when he can :D
word count: 38
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.

AmyLynn
Fan

Post by AmyLynn »

I chose snail mail c/o Fox as was suggested somewhere on here. I can try to find the address if you'd like to actually send a letter. Can't remember just where I got it on here, but I know it's here somewhere....lol.
word count: 47