How did you become a fan of TJ/Bones??

General TJ stuff
hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

How did you become a fan of TJ/Bones??

Post by hanneDK »

Hi all TJ Fans

I have been a member of this site for a week now and have loved every minute of it. :D
Love the interacting between us fans, and TJ now and then, a great way to get to know eachother.

How I got to be a fan of TJ/Bones was actually through my mother.
Had at that point only seen few minutes of it which didn't caught my attention, because I thought it was just like CSI/NCIS but I was proven incorrect. It wasn't until I saw a full episode while visiting my mother. The show caught my attention with it's forensic language, humor and sexual tension. :o

At first it was because of David – but very quickly my eyes was drawn towards a really cute guy ”hmm, he looks interesting, who is he – great smile and stunning blue eyes” - him, I got to find out who is.. which let me to this site.

How did you become a fan of TJ/BOnes??

My favorite TJ moment/episode.. that must be ”The man in the fallout shelter”.. As you might have guessed why, we get to see TJ only wearing a towl.. Not bad at all! wow!! :drool: :drool:
When I saw that the only thing I could of was.. ”please God, let that towl drop”.. :pray: :pray:

Hanne

What is your favorite moment/episode?
word count: 227

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: How did you become a fan of TJ/Bones??

Post by ThyneAlone »

I first came to TJ through watching 'Bones' with my husband. One of our channels had just finished showing the first season and was showing repeats every night. We used to sit down together at 9.00pm to enjoy them..and he liked Angela...and then we began to see the Jack/Angela relationship developing and were fascinated. I did know David Boreanaz from way back in my Buffy fandom, but had never particularly felt I wanted to watch because of him. DB is not really 'my type'. But I was drawn to TJ straight away.
word count: 96
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

I had caught a few episodes & thought the show looked interesting. Then, TNT started running BONES marathons & I got sucked in. I loved the wit & humor, & liked the quirky characters. I admired Brennan because she was strong, confident, & intelligent, and I related to her difficulties in relating to others. Then, during the second season eps, as Angela began to fall for Hodgins, so did I. He's just such a wonderful character, smart & snarky, funny & upbeat. Well, my affection for that character led me here, where I learned more about TJ. I've grown to admire him as a fabulous & versatile actor, as well as an enthusiastic supporter of the arts.

P.S. I was also a huge BUFFY fan, but David's not my type at all, either. I often feel like a heretic when I'm surrounded by all the Booth-obsessed females on many of the BONES boards. :)
word count: 151
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I can't really say I have a 'type.' When it comes to actors, I really enjoy the talents of (and am also attracted to) so many different types of men. It's interesting to me. :D

I definitely came to watch Bones because of David Boreanaz, although I didn't watch Buffy or Angel right away. I came across Angel first (in an odd way), then saw a crossover episode with Buffy, and then went back and started watching both shows. But I was definitely impressed with David, and I liked the moodiness and complexity of his character on those shows. That's why I decided to check out his new project, Bones.

While I liked David's charm as Booth, what really stood out to me when watching the pilot was how vivid the squint characters were, and that's to Tj, Michaela and Eric's credit. I just thought they were funny and different, and I liked that the show actually paid attention to them and gave them importance and interesting skills and vibrant personalities. They just really made a big impression on me. Tj, in particular, provided some remarkable mannerisms that gave depth to the Hodgins role, made him more than a stereotype, made me pause to ponder what Hodgins was thinking or what his backstory was all about. I liked that a lot. I was impressed with him from the start. I wanted to know and see more about him. The character, and the actor.

I began to look up his other work on imdb and read interviews he'd given, and was really impressed with TJ's range and volume of work, and most especially impressed with his cheerful, hard-working, positive demeanor. I came to genuinely like him as a person (the parts we get to see and know, anyway, heh). And his attitude toward his fans is a rare treat. He's been really lovely and (as much as he can be) available to us, answering our questions, having pictures taken for the gallery here, and getting involved whenever he can. I appreciate his enthusiasm for his work and his drive to always learn more and do better. He's simply terrific.
word count: 369
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

sundy317
Fan

Post by sundy317 »

I simply love crime shows, starting with Law and Order CI. And that's exactly what I was waiting to watch on tv one night,when I came across Bones. I watched the second half of the episode and I can't say I was hooked, but I liked it...That was The Blonde in the Game. So I watched it again next day - The Truth in the Lye, which I did love, Hodgins in particular. By The Girl with the Curl I was really into the character and off course the relationship with Angela.
I googled Bones and then Tj,read his bio and some of his interviews and was really fascinated.Then I found this site and the rest is history... :wink:
word count: 123
-Θα στο πω όσο πιο γρήγορα γίνεται,γιατί μπορεί να πάθω έμφραγμα και να μην προλάβω να στο πω και να μην το μάθεις ποτέ...

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

Oh well, Bones has been scheduled on our french screens and when I saw the preview I thought it would be interesting as I love these kinds of series (big fan of NCIS, etc), so as a logical thing I've watch the first ep with huge interest :-)

I didn't hooked on Temperance Brennan first, don't know why but I didn't like her so much in the beginning, but really enjoyed all the other ones and wanted to know more about all of them. So I have taken this habit to watch Bones every week, without answering the phone :lol:
About TJ, well, I had a real interest toward his character from the beginning, most of the time I'm not found of the main characters in a series and enjoy all the back ground ones ;-)
As I really enjoyed the french dubbing and needed to see the original one, to get the real voices which means the real acting and wow... I love his work! So I've checked on internet and found this site and I'm glad to say I'm a TJ fan (^_^)

My favorite TJ's moment?... All of them (^_^)
word count: 197
The waffle conspiracy...

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

Kind of like you. I was a HUGE Buffy/Angel fan (I own all the seasons of both series), and followed over to Bones, mainly because of David.
Then I see all these wonderful people, and become exceptionally aware of this Hodgins character.
And within watching 2 episodes, I'm in love with the show (and bought the 4 seasons of Bones that I now own)
word count: 66
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I never answered this! Wow.

Okay well, basically Bones led me to TJ. I was bored one day and decided to watch Bones because I'd seen promos and it seemed promising. I watch so little TV other than sports (and don't watch too much of that anymore either) that it was actually rare I was sitting watching TV anyway! So I caught an episode early in Season 3. The episode I watched, Hodgins had some funny lines and I liked the way he interacted with the other characters. I liked the show enough to continue watching and also watch all of the previous seasons. As I watched I came to really feel that his character and acting stood out. I looked him up pretty early on and joined the site, I remember that I hadn't made it to Aliens in a Spaceship at that time because Sherry mentioned how she was jealous that I was going to get to see it for the first time (it is different for a first time viewer isn't it??). After I joined of course I started realizing how many times I'd seen TJ before, and the Chevy commercial, I remembered how much I LOVED that one when it aired. Basically I think he's a fabulous actor and even in the episodes he has little to do, he makes the most of it. That and of course his blue eyes ;), was what drew me to him. :)

Sharon
word count: 248
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

"Aliens in a Spaceship" is special, no matter how many times you watch it. :D But I definitely think it's most intense the first time around, because you don't know what happened, how Hodgins and Brennan ended up in that predicament, and how they will get out. It's just so exciting. Ah, how I love, love, LOVE that episode. My favorite, hands down.

:romance-heartstiny:
word count: 65
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

boo
Fan

Post by boo »

I came to the show, slowly. I caught a piece of an episode here and there, but never really latched on to it. I'd never watched Buffy and Angel and I am one of the (apparently few :lol: ) women who actually finds DB unattractive. So at that point the main interest I had in the show was simply the interesting premise of Brennan and the fabulous setting of The Jeffersonian, where she conducts her forensic work.

But I love geeks and intelligent people, especially those with a sense of humor. I immediately fell for both Zach and Hodgins because they are both absolutely adorable. (Together they were fantastic.) But as adorable as Zach is (and I still want him back) he was a bit one dimensional in comparison to Hodgins. Zach brings out the nurturer in me; I want to take care of him. I want to take care of Hodgins, too .. but in a different way. :twisted: :whistle:

Hodgins has so much going for him. He's just such an appealing character, what with his funny little conspiracy theories and his brilliant mind, his cute little love for his "bugs and slime," and his railing against the establishment despite being heir to a very establishment oriented empire. :lol:

And he's a real man. He's masculine and he's not awkward about his geekiness. He embraces it but he still knows how to go after a woman with confidence. I like that about him. And I love his sense of humor. (check out my sig) I guess, truth be told, I love TJ because he plays Hodgins (excellently, btw). I feel he has brought a lot to that character. Hodgins could have been more of a 'back ground,' character but TJ brought all his wit and charcter traits to the fore, and made him real and substantial. He stands out, even in small scenes and I suspect that is why tptb took a relatively small character and brought him out in to the limelight. So, those are some of the things I love about TJ/Hodgins. :D

Plus, you know .. the eyes. :wink:
word count: 351
I demand another beetle. Jeff has a groin pull.

Harry_Greece
Fan

Post by Harry_Greece »

Well,in Greece,a greek channel got BONES and I saw the episodes,TJ was the first one to caught my attention!
word count: 22

Kelly
Fan

Post by Kelly »

Okay everyone. Get ready for a laugh. TJ resembles a man who I fell in love with three years ago. Whenever I see those eyes, I'm reminded of Patrick. All the facial features are the same. Now that TJ isn't as curly and has trimmed his beard, he looks even more like Patrick. I don't know what all this says about me being a fan of TJ, but the more I get to know him, the more I'm able to do the mental physical separation from Patrick.

I got to like Bones thanks to my dad. Two years ago, I was visiting him in the hospital. We were trying to find something to watch on TV. Flipping through, I recognized David Boreanaz. I knew Buffy and Angel repeats weren't on that channel, so I asked Dad what was up. He said that this is one show that he watches and I'm not able to because of my lack of cable services. We talked more about the show and watched the episode. I was too involved talking with my dad to remember what it was about. Anyway, David drew me to meeting my goal of being able to afford cable so I could watch Bones.
word count: 210

Dr.Valentine
Super Fan

Post by Dr.Valentine »

Hmmm, how DID i start watching Bones...hmmm... :think:

Oh, right! My mom is a channel flipper and I'm a "stop changing channels!!!" yeller, so we stopped on BONES :] What a great thing to happen! I love intelligence, I love humor, I love puzzles, and we all know what Blue eyes and a scruffy all American face with a great bod does to a girl ;)

Mmm, TJ...yum :D
word count: 68
"Work hard, and love the work and the 'work' becomes nothing other than the love." - TJ Thyne

Kelly
Fan

Post by Kelly »

"we all know what Blue eyes and a scruffy all American face with a great bod does to a girl"~Dr. Valentine

Oh yeah! Those blue eyes are captivating all right! I love scruffy faces. I loved it when my dad got all scruffy for his Christmas plays at church when I was younger. My mom hated it, but it has made me grow up liking all men with facial hair. TJ looks mighty fine! The great bod, well, that's a given, as you said.
word count: 86

Dr.Valentine
Super Fan

Post by Dr.Valentine »

You know what's funny? Ever since I started watching bones, every curly haired, scruffy faced, light eyed man that walks by catches my full attention :]

Hahaha, the power of TJ!
word count: 31
"Work hard, and love the work and the 'work' becomes nothing other than the love." - TJ Thyne

Kelly
Fan

Post by Kelly »

Yeah, that is funny, but understandable. I still go for Booth/Boreanaz look-alikes the most, but I'll take Hodgins/TJ look-alikes just as well. I like how you said that you were the one yelling at your mom to stop channel-surfing. It was the other way around for me. It didn't take long before I would read books more than watch television.
word count: 67

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

Dr.Valentine wrote:You know what's funny? Ever since I started watching bones, every curly haired, scruffy faced, light eyed man that walks by catches my full attention :]

Hahaha, the power of TJ!
I have that issue as well. Not as much with the eyes, but the guys with that curly hair + beard/scruff look always seem to attract my attention now. :)
word count: 63
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

carmen5731
Fan

Post by carmen5731 »

Like alot of us I was introduced to him through Bones. His quick wit had me hooked from the first episode. The rest is history. :D
word count: 25
I can't relate to 99% of humanity- Seymore, Ghost World

Dr.Valentine
Super Fan

Post by Dr.Valentine »

jade.stormcloud wrote:I have that issue as well. Not as much with the eyes, but the guys with that curly hair + beard/scruff look always seem to attract my attention now. :)

Haha, good, I'm, glad I'm not the only one :]
word count: 43

freedom
Fan

Post by freedom »

The Spark was set when I was watching a short lived series which may of heard of.....Becker! Ted Danson has always been a cool cat in Cheers so logically sooner rather than later I waiting to see if he would put Tj on the show and you know what he did yipee!

I later saw him in F.R.I.E.N.D.S. The Grinch that Stole Christmas (what a cute Who!) and later an awesome true life story movie Erin Brockvich , a few eposides of Angel, and finally drum roll please........Bones

One thing I've wanted to know is did he have any former training to do the moves in the Grinch or did he learn from his imagination or theatre? :think:

I miss Tj's thick curly locks that I want to put paper aeroplanes in and run fingers through.
word count: 144