Site Development and Issues

General TJ stuff
TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Re: Let's help get a chat function started on here!

Post by TJ4ever »

Likewise, Marie! Have fun with your laptop shopping!

I'll go to bed now! It's almost 1am here in Germany!

Good night!

Simone
word count: 24
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

OK I'll get back to our webmaster Ben on this, it has not been an issue until recently - we haven't had so many members all around at the same time. I have a strong feeling that this particular software may not support chat, but no harm in asking. I want to ask for a customised profile option too! 'Night girls.

Oh btw. I may transfer this thread to Talk TJ forum and merge it in with site issues and ideas threads.
word count: 83
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

mariposa
Fan

Post by mariposa »

Good idea, Steph! Move it on over, or delete it, if you wish ... no worries. Thanks for your moderating help!
Marie
word count: 21
Mariposa
"More matter with less art." (Gertrude, in Hamlet, Act II, scene ii)

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: Site Development and Issues

Post by ThyneAlone »

Emailed Ben! Awaiting response.
word count: 4

Ellen
Super Fan

Post by Ellen »

Live chats would be good. Although i always seem to be online alone. :(
lol.
Maybe it has something to do with the fact that it's not even 10am yet here in scotland, and i haven't even had breakfast yet. :D
x
word count: 42
"What if it doesn't end like that? What if it doesn't go wrong?"-Dr Jack Hodgins

English Al
Fan

Post by English Al »

At least I came online roughly the same time Ellen. Although we seem to be chatting pretty well though PM's.

Maybe a scheduled live chat would work? The only problem is we're all in different time zones
word count: 39

Ellen
Super Fan

Post by Ellen »

well me and you are in the same time zone anyway. i didn't think we could do live chats on this site anyway. was that right? or was i just not reading properly?
:D
x
word count: 35
"What if it doesn't end like that? What if it doesn't go wrong?"-Dr Jack Hodgins

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Not at the moment. As I said previously, I am tackling our webmaster as to whether chat is possible within this software, but I've not heard back from him yet.
word count: 31

IntempestaNox
Fan

Post by IntempestaNox »

ThyneAlone wrote:Not at the moment. As I said previously, I am tackling our webmaster as to whether chat is possible within this software, but I've not heard back from him yet.
Chats would be fun. Tackle away! Image
word count: 39
Jennifer
Intempesta Nox >> The Dead of Night
"Uh oh. You have but-face."

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I have also had a reccie round the phpbb site where this software originates, but have seen no mention of chat facilities, though I will go deeper into the site and see if it's possible. Getting vibes that it isn't.
word count: 42

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I am on another board that has a chat within the message board, and its phpbb as well (which is the most common type of BB out there). I'll look to see how it is incorporated, could be the guy that runs that site just knew how to do an add on though.

Sharon
word count: 55
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Oh yes, Sharon, please do investigate if you can, I have seen nothing promising yet. I was surprised to find no mention as I have come across quite a few boards with good chat facilities. The other board I moderate is a yuku board, formally Ezboard, and it uses BBcode. It has a simple straightforward chat, no frills but very easy to use.
word count: 63

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Ah, sorry Steph, I checked it out and it seems when he upgraded one of the last few times he switched what he uses for the board. He uses invision now-and the chat he added is all java based by what I can tell from the code so he may have created it on his own.
word count: 57
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

Mi message board is also phpbb and I use a chat box from http://www.cbox.ws/ You need to create an account and it gives you a HTML code to paste in the forum's template. Anyway, that's how I did with mine. And I said it before but, it would definitely be a perfect addition. (:
word count: 58
~ s o f i

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hi guys,
Just returned from an excellent weekend away catching up with family and I am frustrated.

Chiefly because you are all coming on with these useful comments born of experience and enthusiasm, and I am hearing NOTHING from Ben. I don't even know if the email address I have is correct at the moment. Ben, if you're out there, please help on this one! It's not something I can do!

I'll forward all your suggestions by post and pm, and see if anything happens. I refuse to see all this, all that we have worked for for TJ, stagnate. Incidentally, I've also got back to management about the lack of updates and response - I know they are busy, but....

Last resort would be to get some of you to get to TJ directly via MySpace. He does check in regularly and while he may be too busy to respond, he does need to know what's happening.

Sorry to be irritable, just had to vent!!

Oh and incidentally. Is anyone having trouble getting in? My access is getting ridiculously unreliable and pounding me with page not available and I can barely post just now.
word count: 200

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

It's a shame that there's, apparently, no one taking care of things around here (like the M Team a whiiiiiiiiile ago). Let's see if we can catch TJ's attention with our concerns on MySpace, I'll do my best ;)

Take it easy Steph, I know eventually we'll get what we want for the message board, let's hope. Maybe there's too much chaos in the management or there's no one addressing the site at all. Which is sad.

And no, at least I had no trouble getting in :?
word count: 95
~ s o f i

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Just my ISP then. That's a relief!
Thanks sofi for your positive thoughts. At times I feel like I'm banging the proverbial head against a brick wall, but you're right - we will sort things out eventually, and thanks to you all for your support and proffered help once more.
word count: 52

IntempestaNox
Fan

Post by IntempestaNox »

I understand your frustration ThyneAlone...hopefully Ben or Management (heh, sounds like the Carnivale series) will get back to you on chat and news, though with the latter if everyone's up to their eyeballs they only need to say so, and I'd surely lay off with the wonderin' for a while.

Odd timing though - I sent a PM to TJ just this evening (filming related). I don't know if he'll have time to respond, but we'll see. :)
word count: 82
Jennifer
Intempesta Nox >> The Dead of Night
"Uh oh. You have but-face."

late_heart
Fan

Post by late_heart »

It's been awhile since you suggested that we give TJ a prod via MySpace. And as you well know he's not exactly...responding.

What do you think happened to that new person who was supposed to get involved? Lost ship in the night? And... is there anyone here who is a friend over on Facebook who might be willing to leave him a message about it? After all the work everyone's done to keep us together here -- and after TJ's marketing push back in the first of the year -- it's a shame to see it just be forgotten by him.

And, you know...thank you. TJ or not, this is a lovely place to congregate and enjoy each other, and I'm delighted that we're all here.
word count: 133

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

late_heart wrote:And, you know...thank you. TJ or not, this is a lovely place to congregate and enjoy each other, and I'm delighted that we're all here.
Hear, hear, late_heart. Absolutely.

Thank you to all who have made this place special and fun, and to Steph and Rebecca for moderating and doing what they can to keep things moving for so long.

Sometimes I forget that the universe has an odd, funny little way of connecting people with each other at what seems like just the right times, for many different reasons. I never know when, where, or why, but it always seems to happen. I like to think of it as a big cosmic wink at me, reminding me that there are amazing connections to be made with people all over the place. ;)

I even got the chance to chat with TJ, however briefly, once upon a time. Maybe I'm not meant to connect with him again, but I'll always be appreciative of the positive little nudge he gave me when I needed it.

Meanwhile, I'm more than pleased as fruit punch to keep chatting with you lovelies, for as long as you are able! :D

xoxo
Sherry
word count: 206