Site Development and Issues

General TJ stuff
skftex
TJ Team Validator

Re: Site Development and Issues

Post by skftex »

Oops! :oops: Sorry Steph! I think I just read what Sherry wrote and picked up the Rebecca thing too! Maybe when it works its because all the smilies are finally loaded? I know you said you wait but if you check it you can usually see space where its still trying to load some. It takes awhile for all of them to load for me.
word count: 64
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I'm using Firefox now, no problem as long as I let them all load. :? :?: :?: :?: No clue what the deal is Steph. :think:
word count: 22
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Oops... I thought you meant the whole box doesn't open for you. Now I see what you mean.

I've noticed that when I click on a smiley from that extra box and it doesn't automatically get pasted into the message I'm typing, I find the code for the chosen smiley in a different place... if you click on the smiley and it doesn't post to your message, sometimes I notice the code for the smiley gets posted to the top of the smiley box. You can't really see it unless you scroll to the top of the box and highlight it with your mouse, because the font for it blends in with the background color of the smiley box itself. Sometimes I find the smiley code posts there, and I have to highlight it with my mouse, click 'copy' and then manually paste it to my message, myself. I don't know why it does that, but that's where I find the smiley code when I click on it and it doesn't go directly to my message. Oddly enough, it doesn't do that every time. Sometimes when I click on the smiley, it does go straight to the message. But I never know when it will or won't do it correctly.
word count: 221

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Okay, Steph, I have NO idea why I addressed that message to you as if you were Rebecca! Maybe it was because I had just finished reading one of her posts, and my brain was still with her name. :oops: What can I say? My brain was not in gear yet when I wrote that initial message. Sorry about that! *sheepish grin*
word count: 61

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I think maybe Sharon is right - I have thought it had finished loading when it hadn't. I haven't had anything load up in the wrong place though, Sherry. Weirrd!
word count: 31
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

LOL! I think you posted to me because I'm usually the technologically challenged one around here! However, I was proud of myself when I figured out the smileys... :happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-jumpeveryone:
word count: 29
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Miss Rhi
Fan

Post by Miss Rhi »

Hi beautifuls!

Is there a specific place that I could put like.. mm... graphics and such?

Also - have you guys thought about doing a mini gallery (thumbnails and it opens into a bigger picture)? You can do a really easy peazy one in photoshop, and it does all the work for you!

Let me know if you want to know more or anything. I am not really technicially minded, but I use to run web-site down here (about to open another one actually) and we used those galleries all the time and it was stacks easy... and I COULD DO IT! (hehe).

Much love
xxxx
word count: 106

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Sorry, I'm a bit confused. You want a gallery on the message board? I'm assuming you are meaning a gallery of something that is not about TJ because we have a gallery for pictures of TJ on the site.

Sharon
word count: 42

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I'm assuming - am I right Rhi - you're meaning a personal gallery, one of those you can attach to your profile, where you can keep your avatars and stuff?

I'm not the admin here, only one of the mods, so I don't have the knowledge or the powers to import or create such a facility. Message boards are not our admin Ben's speciality either, so he tends to go cautiously. I am currently asking him to enable avatars so we can express our personalities a little (extending the profiles would be nice too, so we can say more about ourselves). There are choices; he can make a kind of avatar gallery whence we can pluck designs, or enable our ability to upload our own material, or empower us to take images off other sites.

I don't actually know how much image play is possible on this BB software. Good to have you here, perhaps you can act in an advisory capacity! :)
word count: 166

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Ah, thanks Steph. I didn't even think that way. I understand now. :doh:
word count: 13

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

LOVE the new pictures, Sharon! Thank you very much! :D :romance-smileyheart:
Simone.
word count: 10
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I know this is easy to confuse with Site Ideas but basically this is for comments on the way we are developing the site (as opposed to completely new suggestions) and for things that don't work properly or are going wrong. Any thoughts?
word count: 44

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

What a great new picture on the main site and in the gallery! Thanks, Sharon! :D
Love, Simone.
word count: 17
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

delphiekat
Super Fan

Post by delphiekat »

WOW!!!!!

I love the new homepage!!! It is awesome!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I forgot to add, I love the new colors, and the new pictures are simply beautiful! Wonderful work!!!
word count: 27

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Thanks! Despite all the schoolwork I was bored the last couple of days (of doing schoolwork HEE) and came up with that...the message board will eventually go to a version of that as well.

Sharon
word count: 36

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

It's wonderful, Sharon. I love it!
word count: 7
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Good golly, that is GORGEOUS!

Sharon, Ben, did you put all that together?? Bravo. Brav-freaking-O. :clap:

I love the gold lettering (which seems to marvelously match with the edging on that couch in the photo) and the pretty blue lettering, too... there should always be blue, not only because it's my favorite color -- hee :D -- but because it coordinates with TJ's lovely eyes, so you know, there's that reasoning. :lol:

And the pièce de résistance, without question, is that fantastic new photo of TJ. Ordinarily I think I'd frown at anything that covers up his engaging smile, but in this case having his hand there brings the viewer's attention straight to those beautiful eyes. (Sorry, TJ, don't mean to embarrass you. Just sayin'.)

It all comes together so nicely. Great new set-up. It's terrific! I'm applauding hard, here. It's a stunner.
Last edited by Sinkwriter72 on Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 152
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Sorry Sherry, you must have seen it before Ben was finished because the blue is all gone. Links are gold. The site is opposite of the boards because of this part of the boards already being black I didn't want the whole page black. :) Hope you still like it! LOL
word count: 51

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

WHAT?!!?! NO blue? *eyes narrowing* You bastards. :angry-cussingwhite:

I'm kidding, I'm kidding! I say it with mocking and much love. (Also... hey, fun! I've never used a rage smiley before. *chuckles*)

:romance-smileyheart:

Seriously, I love the overhaul. It looks amazing. And, Sharon, I think you made a great call, breaking up all that black on the forum pages. Smart!

You two did a beautiful job. TJ should be very proud of you both. Thank you for all of your hard work!

:text-thankyouyellow:
word count: 82

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

I LOVE the new site!!! :)

Thank you so much, this is perfect :)
The colors are matching with the picture and so it gives a cosy feeling, exactly the way we feel coming here :) Brilliant ;)

And I won't comment the picture, because what I think has already been said before from what I read :D

Thank you so much!!!

Véro
Last edited by cutenebula on Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 60
The waffle conspiracy...