SEPTEMBER 2013 CHAT WITH TJ

Archived threads that are no longer active-this section is read only
tjadmin
Site Admin
Mood:

SEPTEMBER 2013 CHAT WITH TJ

Post by tjadmin »

Invitations to the chat have been sent out. Invitations were based on posting since April 1, 2013. If you posted after that date and did not receive an invitation please let me know.

Please do not discuss the time, date or location here or in the chat box or anywhere else on the internet. Any time zone questions should be done via PM to Steph (ThyneAlone), Sharon (skftex) or the tjadmin account. These chats are done as a way to reward those that are part of the board, so please do not spoil it by giving the info away to anyone that was not invited.

Please remember that we do work with TJ to set the time and date but his schedule could change at any time and this would cause the chat to be cancelled or postponed.

TJ is very generous to us with his time, so please be respectful, and make this something that TJ enjoys as well!

After this chat there will be a policy change as far as how we choose those members who will be invited. Posting in the Welcome section will no longer be considered participation because we feel that this site is for TJ, and we want people to be discussing him and his work. While we love to hear about you and the things going on in your life, and encourage everyone to still use the sofa thread as well as any of the other Welcome section topics, we do not feel that posting in those threads indicates significant interest in TJ and his work, therefore we have chosen to not count posts from there as earning an invitation.

Thank you all for being part of TJ's site, and see you at the chat!
tjadmin
Last edited by tjadmin on Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 294

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Re: SEPTEMBER 2013 CHAT WITH TJ

Post by TJ4ever »

Hope it's ok to reply here!? Just wanna say I am really happy about this! What a nice surprise after this day I had! THANK YOU for doing that! Means a lot! :romance-smileyheart:
word count: 33
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

:banana-dance: I would love to thank our beloved admin without whom this chat thing wouldn't be :) Thank you so much SHARON and STEPH :romance-heartstiny:

And really, a huge THANK YOU TJ for finding the time in your busy schedule to come and chat with us :)
Thank you for your patience with us and and for being so awesome :text-thankyouyellow:

And to all the gang: it was great chatting with you ;) :romance-grouphug:

Véro :happy-smileyflower:
word count: 72
The waffle conspiracy...

80sgirl
Fan

Post by 80sgirl »

Cutenebula: I couldn't have said it better myself! Thanks to all involved, and especially TJ for finding the time to talk to us. I know we kind of bombarded him with questions and such, so thanks for being so patient! And thanks to Steph for moderating us! We just get very excited talking to him! I of course thought of a couple of other questions I wanted to ask AFTER the fact, but c'est le vie!
word count: 78

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

Awesome chat like always! Great job Steph and Sharon, even though Sharon was having PC issues. :( It was great to have a new person join in, welcome Marg! :D
word count: 28
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Because of my computer problems I didn't see how things were going, but I have to say, the bombarding with questions things won't be happening next time. I haven't talked to TJ about how he thought it went but I do think he'd prefer we keep the questions under control and allow him time to answer each one, just like we have done in previous chats. I know everyone is excited but honestly, everyone getting a chance to ask one question is the fair way to do it, and giving TJ time to answer usually means you get better more thought out replies. Some people don't have a question to ask, but at least give everyone a chance. I do know there were comments about it being a bit crazy so we'll definitely have to control that next time, not because we don't want people to have the chance to chat with TJ, but because he can keep up better if we try to control our chatter while he is answering questions. We've been doing this for long enough that I do know how TJ likes it to work, and I always talk to him sometime after to discuss things about it. I just haven't had a chance to touch base with him this time yet. :)
word count: 225
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Agreed. I reckon maybe 15 minutes for hellos and then everyone quiet while I sort questions and quiet for the answers.

As you know I do try to regulate/moderate invisibly and hate to be a spoilsport but it's just getting unfair on TJ (and some patient people who wait without speaking) and I'm afraid I am going to make it a lot more formal next time. Yeah we all like spontaneity but at times that was chaotic.

Not that it wasn't great fun of course!
word count: 89
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

In fact I liked this chat a bit better than the last one. Well, maybe because in the last one I waited a long time to ask my question and then people chatted into it the whole time keeping TJ from answering it. That was chaotic I think - but only at the end! And it was shortly before he left, so I thought at first I didn't get an answer anymore. But we got back to it because I and Steph draw attention to it again. But I would have liked it to talk more about it back then, because I let other people do it also. I didn't say anything because it was fun after all! So Steph, Sharon, you are right. Everybody should have the chance for one question and it is important to moderate it!

But let me say THANK YOU to Steph and Sharon for what you are doing! Great job! And THANK YOU to TJ for chatting with us! Feels special! :romance-smileyheart:
word count: 168
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.