Have you heard....?

Archived threads that are no longer active-this section is read only
ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Have you heard....?

Post by ThyneAlone »

This thread is a TJ discussion thread in which we can discuss absolutely anything we hear about him. It can be news straight from the horse's mouth (which is to say, from the management team and on our pages elsewhere) or any interesting rumours you may have picked up. We thought we needed something along these lines to complement our comments on interviews, sightings and so on, though it may overlap at times. So if you have news, confirmed or not, from other parts of the site or not, here is where to place your commentary. :)
word count: 97
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Re: Have you heard....?

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Just so long as no one posts any Bones (or other TJ projects) spoilers here as part of a 'Have you heard about this?' I like to remain spoiler-free so I can be surprised or emotionally affected in the moment of watching the film or program. I know there are others who feel the same.

I'm all for this thread and accidental overlaps, so long as spoilers stay in the designated area. Cool? :D

(Or, as Johnny Depp would say, Savvy?) ;)
word count: 82

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Oh, no, definitely not.
Perhaps I haven't made it entirely clear. When I say 'to complement' spoilers etc I mean 'as well as'. No way should this thread be affected by spoilers - we have space elsewhere for those.

I had not intended really to be talking about shows here, but about TJ himself. I suspect we are really chatting a lot between ourselves and making friends, and, though this is brilliant, we ought to have TJ in focus all the time too. Therefore this will start up as soon as Management have info up about latest news (there has been some in the corner of the home page, but I think we tend to miss it down there, and I've asked them to give it a separate page). If it doesn't work or we find we can put the comments on other threads, then we'll drop it. But it was a special management request and I think they deserve a friendly ear!
word count: 166

bonesaddict11
Super Fan

Post by bonesaddict11 »

This is cool. So we talk about just TJ, not his work. Right? This is perfect to get to know more about him (Ooo, i dont want to sound to stalkerish now :lol: ).
Now let's see. Who has the first discussion topic? :D
word count: 42

XrayVixen
Fan

Post by XrayVixen »

Ooh, this could be fun! Hey Steph, or Sherry, I know there was some mention in the "All you ever wanted to know..." topic about the music TJ likes. Did anyone get that thread going? I know that he leans toward a bluesier sounding female voice- such as Regina Spektor, Etta James, Portishead, and recently Yael Naim, and he also likes some indie-sounding rock- such as Muse, Killers, and My Chemical Romance's "Black Parade". It might be fun to get a music player posted on the main page (or somewhere) of nothing but music preferred by TJ. I am sure his tastes are much more varied than the genres I have listed, especially since music sounds differ on the east coast compared to that on the west coast. He seems to frequent both :)
word count: 135
"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific." -- Lily Tomlin

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

bonesaddict11 wrote: (Ooo, i dont want to sound to stalkerish now :lol: ).
That's more important than you realise! I really do want this to be, if possible, an area where we discuss TJ news rather than zeroing in on the personal life of an essentially fairly private individual. I don't want to get into overspeculating on love life issues, for instance - we do have a tremendous member age range remember!
However, talking about other tidbits thrown up on other pages - anything he has put up on the MySpace, tangents off the long-awaited interview and - yes - comments on the favourite music of the day, that's all fine. The reason, I think, that Sherry's been hesitant about the music thread is that it might be another 'us' thread and end up with TJ being very peripheral. But within this topic I reckon we could talk about it without it snowballing into a simple catalogue of our own preferences. Btw, as someone pretty ignorant of what my pupils are currently playing on their ipods, I would be extremely interested to know which of TJ's choices in music are East influenced and which from the West. How are they different?
word count: 201

XrayVixen
Fan

Post by XrayVixen »

Many of us can't help but add opinions into the mix of discussion, but I agree that we should focus on TJ.
Steph, it may be just my assumption, but I think that, like clothing styles, music seems to differ in sound and/or catagory based on the area in which the singers or band members grew up. Many artists may have the same musical influence, but it's the personal spin placed on their work that seems to vary. I don't know that it even makes a difference where the music originated- TJ just likes good music from what I've heard of his tastes. Even if I didn't like his tastes, that wouldn't be the point here. I just want to know more about the man he is and his tastes. :)
word count: 137
"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific." -- Lily Tomlin

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

XrayVixen wrote:I just want to know more about the man he is and his tastes. :)
I agree here. I'd love to get to know more about TJ, as this is a site dedicated to him :lol:
I know I'm new to this site, so I have a fair amount of exploring to do, but so far, Kudos ladies. It's a wonderful site, and I'm sure TJ loves it.
word count: 72
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Actually I think he occasionally feels embarrassed - but who wouldn't? ;)

And he never stops saying how much he loves and appreciates all of us and directs people here the whole time. The guy's a star.

Thanks for your kind words, Kayleigh. We've tried really hard to make this into a supportive, friendly and informative forum and I feel privileged to be meeting so many great people. With apologies to everyone who is hearing me say that for about the millionth time. :dance: :clap:
word count: 84