Question about CHATS

Archived threads that are no longer active-this section is read only
tjadmin
Site Admin
Mood:

Question about CHATS

Post by tjadmin »

Hi everyone! I have a question for those that have attended the chats in the past and are likely to attend future chats, as we do have several people that manage to get invited to every one of them. So, how many of you have voice capabilities? Meaning you have a microphone/speakers. It is possible that we could allow you to actually SPEAK your questions, then be on just the typing chat otherwise, but I've hesitated to put that out there because I don't think it would be fair if everyone didn't have the same chance. Anyway, do most of you have that capability?

This is NOT something I've run by TJ either so always possible he wouldn't want it to happen that way, for a variety of reasons, but I honestly would love it if each of you that take the time to be a part of this little TJ world could actually speak to him, if only for a minute. I do realize this could also create time issues so it is really something we would have to talk about. But if most of you could do the voice thing I'd be willing to take it to TJ once we worked out the logistics of it. What do you think??????

Sharon
word count: 220

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: Question about CHATS

Post by stargazer »

I do have the capability, even though the last couple times we tried it didn't work. It was probably an issue with my laptop though. It would be great to be able to talk directly to TJ! :D
word count: 38
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I've sat in on conference call chats (including one with you, Sharon! heeee), so I'd say it's a safe bet my computer has the capability. I imagine such an endeavor would require some testing but it might be fun if we could manage it and if TJ is on board! :D

Let us know if you need anything to test it, Sharon.
word count: 64

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Well, you know I have audio, Sharon! And visuals too if required. I don't know much about how these things work though. Would it slow things down (I don't mean from a conversational point of view - we can probably get that under control - I mean does it slow things technologically and/or make it difficult if one or two people have problems with their connection or equipment)?

Look forward to hearing more on this one.
word count: 77
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Well yes, there could be problems. I think in order to do it I'd have to just let one person on audio at a time, and who knows what sort of technical difficulties someone could have. So we'd have to have a plan should that happen. But unless we get a bigger response it isn't something I'm going to spend a lot of time on or even mention to TJ. I appreciate Kathy & Sherry answering of course! :romance-smileyheart:
word count: 81
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

:romance-smileyheart: :dance:
word count: 0

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Well, depends on when the next chat will be! ;) I hope to get a new computer/notebook with voice capabilities but don't know when I can afford it. So, at the moment I don't have voice capabilities. :(

I like the idea. You already said that - if it's happening - you let only one other speak as it might slow things down otherwise. I think that's a good because maybe there is a risk that suddenly everybody is talking and it would be very confusing.

:music-singing: :sci-fi-beamup:
word count: 87
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.