TJthyne.com welcomes TJ Thyne August 14th 2010

Archived threads that are no longer active-this section is read only
ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

TJthyne.com welcomes TJ Thyne August 14th 2010

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hi everyone!

This is the TJ talk thread where TJ will be answering your questions at 10am Pacific time today. I won't be opening it before that time and not even then until I know that TJ is online and ready! Come with your questions but do wait until TJ has answered the first flood before you come in with more, and don't make your posts too long - this is a thread, not a normal chat, so will inevitably take longer.

A HUUUUUGE welcome to TJ and let's make this a great experience for everyone!
word count: 98
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

~*Ali*~
Super Fan

Re: TJthyne.com welcomes TJ Thyne August 14th 2010

Post by ~*Ali*~ »

Hi TJ Firstly Cheers for doing this and a Cheers to Steph and Sharon.

Question:-When did you first know you wanted to become an actor?

Ali :D

Welcome to 3am lol
word count: 31

Iloveboneslots
Fan

Post by Iloveboneslots »

Hey TJ!
I have a question...Do you have more imput in the little things hodgins does (like lines), or the more broader things he does
(like the ongoing stories)
Thanks so much for answering, means the world to me
-Diana
word count: 41

Skye
Fan

Post by Skye »

Hey TJ, Basically I think you’re AWESOME!! And I spent aggges thinking of a question I could ask... And to be really honest I’m still not sure if my question makes sense!
My Question is, how do you deal with the fact that not only do you have to impress the producers and the people who work on the show but you have to impress and keep Millions of people interested in Jack Hodgins?? And how do you cope with criticism (not that you should get any!!)
Thanks a lot!!!
Amber Skye!! Xxx
word count: 95

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

Question:
While Angela & Hodgins were broken up, Michaela's character pursued a couple of other relationships. Do you wish that you had had the opportunity to play out another relationship or two with your character as well?
word count: 37

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

Hi TJ!

I’m curious about the brown beaded necklace you’re wearing in my avatar picture << . I could be wrong, but I think I’ve seen it on you in and out of character. I know you have a lot of input into Hodgins’ wardrobe and I’m wondering if there a story or meaning behind it?

PS: I love your writings, “Tie and a Dress” etc. Please send us some more if you have them!

Thanks, Angela ((hugs))
word count: 80
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

delphiekat
Super Fan

Post by delphiekat »

Welcome to this jungle TJ!

Thanks for this chat opportunity, this is really awesome!

When did you learn that Hodgins would finally marry Angela? When you received the script for “The Witch in the Wardrobe” or did you know beforehand?

What was your initial reaction?

Did you want to tell everyone as much as you did with the “Page 187” story? You did tease us for a couple days with that one!

Thank you!

Katerie
word count: 75

Dr.Valentine
Super Fan

Post by Dr.Valentine »

Good morning TJ, and salutations from Texas!!

My name's Christina, but you can call me Valentine if it's easier to remember ;)

question- Aren't you afraid of what will happen to you in 25, 30 years..? I mean, it's hard enough for a young actor like yourself to snag a job let alone a career in acting...what about when you're not as young?
word count: 68
"Work hard, and love the work and the 'work' becomes nothing other than the love." - TJ Thyne

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Because I am a details kind of gal, I've got a process question for you.

When you get a script in your hands, what's the first thing you do? You open it. Bah da dum! :D After that, I mean. LOL.

In other words, do you have a 'routine' for preparing for a role, do you pull out the highlighters and the pens and make extensive notes and observations in the margins, or just read it once all the way through to get an idea of what it's all about and then start working on character stuff, or... what is your process? Do you have a regular process of approach for each script, or does it vary from project to project?

Sherry
aka Sinkwriter72 :mrgreen:
word count: 126

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Hi TJ

Thanks a million for the time,

Think I'd like to ask, professionally speaking who is the person you've most wanted 'validation' from.

Jude x
word count: 28

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Steph and Sharon, is there a moment in this where everyone should perhaps pause so Tj can catch his breath and read through these questions and get a chance to answer one? :D

Thank you for putting this all together, TJ, Steph and Sharon!
word count: 43

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

Greatings from rainy Denmark,

This is a great idea.. Thank you TJ.. :-)

My question is about Validation.. How did you come up with the idea?

Thanks,
Hanne
word count: 27

Kelly
Fan

Post by Kelly »

Hi TJ. Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to speak with us. We all appreciate it very much. I was wondering if you prefer television acting over movies. I'm working on watching the movies you appeared in and I have to say that so far, you are the only reason why I've liked them.
word count: 60

Dr.Valentine
Super Fan

Post by Dr.Valentine »

I agree!!! I'll pause for a few minutes until he gets a breath :]
word count: 14
"Work hard, and love the work and the 'work' becomes nothing other than the love." - TJ Thyne

Caseyface
Fan

Post by Caseyface »

Hello, darling TJ!

I've seen you have multiple facebook statuses about Chicago. (Which by the way, I think you need to pack me in your suitcase next time you go, because I'm jealous and can't afford to fly home as much as I'd like haha).

What is your favorite thing to do, or place to go, in Chicago?

xo Casey
word count: 64

queenofthelab
Fan

Post by queenofthelab »

Hello there!

I'm literally posting this off the top of my head, excuse the ramblingness of it.

Is there one role in all characters in books, movies, television, that you would love to play? Do you think you'll get to act that role one day?

Thanks! :)
word count: 48

Rain
Fan

Post by Rain »

Hi TJ! Thanks for doing this.

My question is:
The moment I watched the scene in “The Boy in the Shroud” where Hodgins places the rose on Angela’s desk, I knew I had watched something special and had to follow your work (which is how I found tjthyne.com). I noticed in your Hodgins video you made (amazing job by the way! I sent it to all my friends) that you ended it off with that very scene. I was wondering if there was a particular reason for that, maybe that scene is important to you as well or if not how do you feel about it?

Shannon
word count: 109

camille
Fan

Post by camille »

Hi TJ! :)

Maybe my Q is stupid, but anywayyy...
Is it difficult for you to learn pronouncing all this complicated names of bugs and 'things'? It's seems very naturally and easy when we're watching this... :D
word count: 37

thayanne
Fan

Post by thayanne »

Hi TJ !!

Do you have like a little list of people you really want know? that you admire or just find them really cool ? =P

You're adorable TJ, Thanks for this :)

by: Thay
word count: 34
"The biggest regret of my life is I didn't stop you "

Akarana
Super Fan

Post by Akarana »

Hi TJ! Thank you for doing this and I hope it will be as much fun for you as it obviously is for us!

Short films like Validation are usually shown at movie festivals like Tribecca or Sundance (I think I read somewhere Validation was as well). If you have been to any international festivals (also just as a visitor), is there any non-US movie (independent, short film...) that stood out to you and why?
word count: 76
HODGINS: Well, hello, my exotic princess.
CAM: What a charmingly inappropriate greeting, Dr. Hodgins.