TJthyne.com welcomes TJ Thyne August 14th 2010

Archived threads that are no longer active-this section is read only
tjthyne
Actor

Re: TJthyne.com welcomes TJ Thyne August 14th 2010

Post by tjthyne »

REplying now to:Hi TJ !!
Do you have like a little list of people you really want know? that you admire or just find them really cool ? =P
You're adorable TJ, Thanks for this :)
by: Thay

HI Thay! YEs, I think everyone on this chat board is pretty damn cool! I mean really! look at these incredible woman from completely different walks of life, lands, loves all coming together to chat on a saturday with me! WHo are you all?!!! AMazing! simply amazing. THANK YOU for being here and for watching and commenting on my work! I love ya's all!

:-)

TJ
word count: 103

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Right back at ya TJ

Jude x
word count: 7

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

Thanks! :dance:
word count: 1
The waffle conspiracy...

Skye
Fan

Post by Skye »

I think we are the ones who should be thanking you TJ!!! x
word count: 13

Dr.Valentine
Super Fan

Post by Dr.Valentine »

Hehe, we all loves ya too! :romance-heartstiny:
word count: 6
"Work hard, and love the work and the 'work' becomes nothing other than the love." - TJ Thyne

thayanne
Fan

Post by thayanne »

aww Is there anyone more sweet than this guy ?? Never !!!
word count: 10
"The biggest regret of my life is I didn't stop you "

Kelly
Fan

Post by Kelly »

Yeah, TJ, I agree about the wardrobe and jewelry thing. It's not Jack and truthfully, I don't think I'd like him as much if he glammed up. I'm not a jewelry gal at all! My cell phone is how I tell time when I'm not at home. I don't wear anything near what the "average" woman does.
word count: 63

tjthyne
Actor

Post by tjthyne »

replying now to:Because I am a details kind of gal, I've got a process question for you.
When you get a script in your hands, what's the first thing you do? You open it. Bah da dum! :D After that, I mean. LOL.
In other words, do you have a 'routine' for preparing for a role, do you pull out the highlighters and the pens and make extensive notes and observations in the margins, or just read it once all the way through to get an idea of what it's all about and then start working on character stuff, or... what is your process? Do you have a regular process of approach for each script, or does it vary from project to project?
Sherry
aka Sinkwriter72 :mrgreen:

HIya Sherry!!!
Great question.
It absolutely shifts & changes for me per role per project. it has even morphed significantly for me with Hodgins over 6 years. but here are some tidbits...sort of a "for the most part" kind of answer:
I read it.
Then, I read it again.
And again.
and again.
and each time I read it, I start to mark the page here...and then there...then an idea comes in and I scribble it in the margin, then I change something in the line, then then then that informs something else that I scribble down.
Then I read it again and I search for clues. literally. I feel like as an actor I am a detective. I need to find out as much about this character as I can and its all in the text. what do others say about me, what do I do when I am with one person verses another how do my reactions change...then I see the image of HIM, then I scribble and scribble and scribble. I had a teach once who said "the black marks on a page (i.e. the words) are the writers job, and they have done their job. All the WHITE on the page? that's YOUR job to fill in". So my scripts most of the time, have to be taped together and rubberband there is so much writing. again, most of the time. but it varies.
:-)
word count: 372

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Fantastic! And truly fascinating. I love the process!

Thank you, Tj! :romance-smileyheart:
word count: 11

tjthyne
Actor

Post by tjthyne »

REplying to:Greatings from rainy Denmark,
This is a great idea.. Thank you TJ.. :-)
My question is about Validation.. How did you come up with the idea?
Thanks,
Hanne

HIya Hanne!! Denmark! I MUST get to denmark some day!!
My dear friend and film maker Kurt Kuenne came up with validation. He wanted to write a film for me. and he had said "TJ is one of the most positive people I've ever met, he's constantly encouraging people" one day, he was at dinner with our other buddy Dave Kuhr (who writes the envelopes! ;-) they left the restaurant and forgot to validate. as kurt walked back with dave they were laughing saying "what if we walked in to get a validation and the woman was like "you have a nice smile" hahaha. then kurt thought...Wait a minute...that's perfect! And Validation was born. We have RENT-A-PERSON, VALIDATION, SLOW (which follows dave's character) and THE PHONEBOOK (where we took the LA YELLOWPAGES and made a movie out of it. everything spoken in the film appears somewhere in the yellowpages.) Then, we have 3 more of those black-and-white shorts we want to do. That will be a full hour and 20 minutes so we will then release them all together eventually. :-)
word count: 218

tjthyne
Actor

Post by tjthyne »

Hi Steph!! ;-)
word count: 2

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hi darling, just sitting in the background with Sharon here making sure everything goes smoothly for you and everyone else. Great crowd and good questions, hey?
word count: 26
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

I know im not really supposed to post again but had to say had a bit of a bad period lately and must have watched 'vaildation' about a dozen times seriously helped so thx TJ and all

Jude x
word count: 39

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

tjthyne wrote: My dear friend and film maker Kurt Kuenne came up with validation. He wanted to write a film for me. and he had said "TJ is one of the most positive people I've ever met, he's constantly encouraging people"
I know I said I wasn't going to comment but I have to tell you all, TJ IS THE MOST POSITIVE ENCOURAGING PERSON I've ever had the pleasure to talk to. Okay, promise that is all. Unless he says something else I can't resist. :)

Sharon
Last edited by skftex on Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 91

tjthyne
Actor

Post by tjthyne »

Replying now to: Hello, darling TJ!
I've seen you have multiple facebook statuses about Chicago. (Which by the way, I think you need to pack me in your suitcase next time you go, because I'm jealous and can't afford to fly home as much as I'd like haha).
What is your favorite thing to do, or place to go, in Chicago
xo Casey

HIya Casey!!
I love love love that city! I love exploring it, I love meeting people! Favorite things to do, great food, then a great play then dessert then dancing! And during the day running the city, and seeing all that incredible architecture! And the people...I love the people! I can tell you this, I was at lollapalooza with my dear friend from college Scarlett and her little cousin, and after the show one night, we walked around the fence and cut through Millenium Park, and there was that glorious fountain! So...we climbed in. And we danced and we played and we swam with a few other people we had never met. There was something so magical about being in a fountain, in a park, in a beautiful city, late at night. Fantastic. So. Next time you are home, Go out all day long, and dance for 12 hours straight, then, when the sun has long since gone to sleep, climb into Millenium Park, crawl into the fountain, and play. :-)
word count: 239

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

He says rather too much that people can't resist, he's a dangerous man. :)
word count: 15
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

Thanks for your reply! I was curious about the necklace because I have a similar one I sometimes wear. (Mine is made from recycled magazine strips in Uganda) And I think I speak for all of us when I say we LOVE Hodgins' style!

Thanks again for doing this! You're a special guy, TJ!! :clap:

-Angela
word count: 56
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

tjthyne
Actor

Post by tjthyne »

Replying to:Hi TJ! Thank you for doing this and I hope it will be as much fun for you as it obviously is for us!
Short films like Validation are usually shown at movie festivals like Tribecca or Sundance (I think I read somewhere Validation was as well). If you have been to any international festivals (also just as a visitor), is there any non-US movie (independent, short film...) that stood out to you and why?

Well Hello!!!
Funny you should say that! I am currently working on a new series of shorts that' I've chatted about a bit THE MOMENT SERIES. And we just finished editing 3 of them the other day with the strong intent of sending them out to festivals to see if they play. we VERY MUCH want to send them over seas. (I think europe may get what i'm doing with these faster). But also if it gets into festivals abroad it'll be a great reason to travel! heehee!!
I watch films from far off lands ALL the time! Documentary and Foreign films are some of my favorites! Most recently? yes: The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo! WOW!! WOW WOW! have you seen it? and the girl who played with fire?! I know they are remaking it in the US, why?! WHy remake something that is so genius as is! great film! as well, THE PROPHET which i think is a french film?! SO GOOD! the lead actor in that is amazing!

I LOVE film festivals! love going and really love participating. :-)
word count: 262

tjthyne
Actor

Post by tjthyne »

REplying to: I just want to say "HI!!" My question would be: Is the chemistry among the group as solid off camera as it is on?
Amy

Hi AMy! How are you?! great to have ya here! thanks for the comment that we all have chemistry on camera! that's awesome. some times I wish they were rolling on us off camera. We are always cracking up and having a great time. so...yes. :-)
word count: 74

thayanne
Fan

Post by thayanne »

I love this kinda of answer! Is just so awesome to know that they have THE chemistry off camera too!! Love them so much
;p
word count: 25
"The biggest regret of my life is I didn't stop you "