TJThyne.com presents OCTOBER CHAT WITH TJ

Archived threads that are no longer active-this section is read only
skftex
TJ Team Validator

TJThyne.com presents OCTOBER CHAT WITH TJ

Post by skftex »

Time for another chat with TJ! The chat will take place on the date and at the time listed above. Please read all the guidelines because the way we are going to do the chat has changed. The chat will still take place on the message board in a thread that will be started specifically for the chat. The length of the chat is based on TJ’s availability, he will tell us when he has to leave.

Guidelines:

• THIS CHAT WILL BE COMPLETELY MODERATED. So, when TJ arrives, do not ask a question until you have been told to ask one. Feel free to properly greet TJ though. Steph will be the moderator, but I will also be helping to make sure things go smoothly.
  • The people from the previous chat that asked a question but did not get to see their answer due to problems TJ had with posting will get a chance to ask a question first.
  • The order for the rest of the questions will be determined by a draw, done by Steph prior to the chat. If you are going to attend and wish to ask TJ a question, you need to reply [/color] ON THIS THREAD, and tell us you have a question. DO NOT POST THE QUESTION; just let us know you would like to ask him something. YOU MUST REPLY ON THIS THREAD BY MIDNIGHT PACIFIC TIME ON OCTOBER 23, 2010. If you do not specify you wish to ask a question prior to this time, you will not be able to ask him a question, though you are welcome to come to the chat and comment on anything he says there. (Jude, Christina, Vero, and Corrie, please let us know if you have a question to ask for this time)

• Any question that is asked without being told by Steph to do so will be deleted and you forfeit your chance to ask a question for this chat.
  • We want this to be a little bit more like a chat so that TJ doesn’t feel he is just answering questions and has no feedback, so please feel free to comment on anything he says. Just chatting with each other is okay too, though we would like to keep that to a somewhat minimum if possible, so it doesn’t take TJ a long time to see question when they are asked. Steph will tell each person when they can ask their question, followed by a short time to discuss the answer-then the next person will be told to ask their question. We hope to keep a nice flow to it, but also allow you and TJ to have a little bit of chat time between questions.
  • If you do not have a question for TJ, we do still want you to come to the chat and participate in the comment/chat part of it and talk to TJ.
  • During the time of the chat we’d like to minimize the discussion going on in the chatbox. This is because TJ would like you all to discuss things in the thread where he can see it so he doesn’t feel he needs to go to the chatbox to interact with us or feel like he is in the chat thread all by himself. :)
  • Please do not ask TJ personal questions. He’s nice and he’ll answer almost anything, but the purpose of this is to allow fans to ask him questions about his work. Steph will remove questions that we feel are not appropriate and you will be warned.
  • Questions do not have to be limited to Bones, and out of the box questions are fine, just keep them clean and family friendly. The more you ask him about Bones the better though, since that is part of the reason he is doing this, so he can talk to us and answer any questions about the episodes in Season 6.
  • Make it fun for TJ, be creative. He tends to be asked the same questions over and over so if you are able to come up with something new, he’ll probably enjoy chatting more. TJ’s favorite color is blue. We are telling you this so we can hopefully have more original questions asked. ;)
  • Please check the tj’s skeletons section and see what he has already answered, and please do not ask any of those questions again. If you ask something TJ feels he has answered already, you will be referred to the tj’s skeletons section and he will move on to the next question.
  • When TJ announces he has to leave, that is the end of the chat.[/color] IF TJ ANNOUNCES HE HAS TO LEAVE PRIOR TO EVERYONE HAVING A CHANCE TO ASK A QUESTION WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO MAKE SURE YOUR QUESTION IS ANSWERED IN ONE OF THE FUTURE CHATS. Please understand that as more people participate the harder it will be to get questions answered by everyone, but we are doing our best to make this a fair process.

• After the chat is over, you can post suggestions or comments in this thread or send Steph (ThyneAlone) or Sharon (skftex) a pm.
  • If you choose to come to the chat, we are going to assume you read the guidelines and will respect them.
Timezone help:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
You can look at the time in Los Angeles and compare it to your local time to determine how many hours ahead of Los Angeles you are. If you are still not sure, feel free to post on this thread and ask us what time it will be where you are located, and we’ll be happy to help. We do apologize to those of you that are in areas that this chat will be really early on Monday morning. Due to schedules, this was the first date that worked for TJ and us.

You do have to be a registered member of the message boards in order to chat. You can register by clicking the register link at the top of the message boards. If you have any problems with registering, contact us at tjthyne.com@gmail.com

The thread will be posted in the TALK TJ section of the site, prior to the chat starting and will be locked until TJ is ready. Once TJ arrives, please wait to post, we are going to ask TJ to post something first so we all know he is there, then Steph will start selecting people to ask their questions.

The plan is still to have chats every month, but whether there is a chat every month depends on TJ’s schedule. The way the chat is conducted from month to month may continue to change while we work out problems or TJ feels that something needs to be different. If you have any questions about the chat or guidelines, you can ask them here, or send one of us (skftex or ThyneAlone) a pm and we’d be happy to answer them.

Thanks everyone, and once again let’s make this a great experience for TJ, so he’ll want to continue doing the chats.

Sharon & Steph
[/color]
Last edited by skftex on Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 1209
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

delphiekat
Super Fan

Re: TJThyne.com presents OCTOBER CHAT WITH TJ

Post by delphiekat »

Woohoo! This is awesome!!! Thanks TJ, Sharon and Steph!

Please add me to the pool of people with questions :D

This is fantastic, and I'm sure it'll work fine!

I can't wait!!!
word count: 34

Skye
Fan

Post by Skye »

Heheee gonna be awesomme! xxx
COunt me in!
Got my question already! x
word count: 13

Dr.Valentine
Super Fan

Post by Dr.Valentine »

I have a question, I have a question! Haha, man, I have had NO time so far this year! Oii, but I will be there ready to chat TJ up x]
word count: 31
"Work hard, and love the work and the 'work' becomes nothing other than the love." - TJ Thyne

thayanne
Fan

Post by thayanne »

YAY !!!!!!!! you guys are awesome !!! and TJ ? the cutest :D

not sure if will ask something this time this seems serious now and I'm afraid of asking something dumb...oO lol

but I want a answer so I'll try to come up with something... and if I do I get back here to ask you guys to put me in the questions list...

Thank you guys for doing this ! :D
word count: 70
"The biggest regret of my life is I didn't stop you "

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

No Thayanne, it isn't serious, just because of the way we are doing the chat, it has to be regulated some, and a lot of the changes were done due to things TJ suggested. But it'll still be fun, I promise! And if you want to know it, and it isn't about his personal life, your question will NOT be dumb.
word count: 64
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Thank you so much TJ, Sharon and Steph for doing this!
I must say I'm a bit scared to ask a "wrong" question, I mean something stupid or something that has been asked before, but I really want to ask him something. And I still have some time to work on my question. So count me in! I wanna ask TJ a question.

Do I get this right. When he comes in he'll post something and we can greet him, too, before the questions start? And between questions we can comment until Steph ask the next person to ask a question?

So looking forward to it! :dance:
word count: 108
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Hi all

Just to confirm what I said to Sharon earlier defo up for this; I've actually thought of a question now too and its Bones related and may spark a teeny bit of chat as well so should be ok (just gotta write it down now 'cos I will have had a few sleeps by then and probably won't remember!).

Catch you later

Jude x
word count: 68

~*Ali*~
Super Fan

Post by ~*Ali*~ »

Wow another Chat. I will be stepping aside as I had a question answered last time but the other thing is I’m not sure if I can make this one as 10 am on a Sunday is 3am on a Monday for me. So what ever happens I’ll be here in sprit.

:D
word count: 54

losersaxplayer
Fan

Post by losersaxplayer »

Cool! I am so down to join in on this! You can count me in!

Edit: I will have a question by then! Fair?
Last edited by losersaxplayer on Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 24
"Never, Never, Never Quit" - Winston Churchill

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Simone, you have that exactly right.

I need to request that you all say specifically that you have a question, not sure if I'm in means that you are going to be there or you want to ask him something. Thanks! :)
word count: 42

queenofthelab
Fan

Post by queenofthelab »

I have a question I'd like to ask. This time the chat sounds a lot more organised way to go about it. I hope it works as well as last time, if not better. Thanks Sharon and Steph for setting this all up for us :-D and to TJ for agreeing to it heh it's amazing!
word count: 57

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

:dance: Heeeeey!!!
It's really really really amazing from TJ to spend one more time with us :-)

So, I will have a question too!!! (^_^)

And I will have internet back then, so it's just perfect! :D

Thanks a lot for organising this amazing meeting once again :-)

Hugs to you all!

Véro
word count: 51
The waffle conspiracy...

llamalah
Fan

Post by llamalah »

AH.. yes.. I have the same problem as Ali.. being that we are in the same time zone and all.

But you never ever know - there have been random times when I am still awake at 3am when I need to get up at 6am for work..

Llama
word count: 48

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

Cool.. :dance: :clap:
Big hugs to Sharon and Steph, for arranging this.. have already cleared my calendar.. :-)

Must follow instructions so here go: I have a question!
(put me in the bowl)

How can I forget not to thank TJ for doing this.. So Thank you, TJ..
word count: 45

Laffers18
Fan

Post by Laffers18 »

WOW.....this is brilliant!!!!

He is totally amazing...ok, i definitely want to ask a question if that's ok :D

Also....i'm in the UK (London) so i'm almost certain it will be at 7pm....but can anyone double check me. I'l be so annoyed with myself if i miss it!

And i've never realised quite how fan focused he is...it makes a nice change to the norm!

Thank you in advance.
word count: 77

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

It is 6 pm for you in the UK. :)
word count: 9

Laffers18
Fan

Post by Laffers18 »

6pm not 7? Thank you....i would have been gutted if i'd have missed it!

One question....does this chat need to be spoiler free? Or can we ask his opinion on upcoming story lines?

Thanks in advance :D
word count: 39

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Ah, interesting question. I think spoiler free unless he tells it without being asked (which is possible LOL). Because there are people that do not want to know spoilers and we try to respect that.
word count: 35

Laffers18
Fan

Post by Laffers18 »

Thank you....i shall rethink my question!

Although this all depends what episodes we've seen by the 24th...we'll have watched up to episode 5 so.....could be interesting!

I can't wait!
word count: 35