The 2011 BIRTHDAY PARTY Thread!

Archived threads that are no longer active-this section is read only
ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

The 2011 BIRTHDAY PARTY Thread!

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hello all and a big welcome to this year's celebration of our Main Man's birthday. 2 hours to go till official thread opening! and I am running around the sofa like a mad thing trying to make sure everything is right.

I'm stringing test tubes full of coloured phosphorescent stuff all round the walls and wrapping a huge pile of virtual presents in the corner (I'm afraid none of these packages contain TJ. He's off to Vegas). You can hardly see the floor for balloon animals. Food and drink are out in the kitchen area - all your favourites - and I'm setting up the karaoke as we speak. Anyone want particular music, just bring it along. And plenty of smilies cos we are all going to be smiley!!

I trust no-one has forgotten fancy dress is de rigueur this year? Come ready to describe your outfit - and it can be as fancy as you like - the silly string and champagne will not affect it because it's Not Real! Personally I have come as a dragonfly to celebrate the Hodgins love of bugs. Look at my huge eyes and beautiful coloured wings. I glitter and I'm elegant. What more could any entomologist desire?

See you later and at intervals during the next 36 hours or so. :)
word count: 223
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: The 2011 BIRTHDAY PARTY Thread!

Post by ThyneAlone »

HELLO TJ world!
And happy birthday (slightly early) to the man himself! Well guys I am heading for the pressie pile. Here is a lovely stripy parcel labelled for me. What is it, now? Ooh! It's an iPhone. Wonderful. Thanks all! I love messing with tech I don't 100% understand. Oh, and a little Premier League championship for Liverpool to go with it. I'm going to enjoy this.

Grabbing some smoked salmon and putting the Beach Boys on. Come on in folks!
word count: 85

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I'm here! Not exactly dressed for a party but I'm trying to study and thought I'd pop by for a short while. I think I'll sneak over and have a taste of the cake! :mrgreen:

word count: 38
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

Helloooooooooooooo TJ peeps! It looks great in here Steph! Happy Birthday TJ! :occasion-partyblower:
The kids are with their dad tonight so that means I can actually parrtaay. :dance: :character-beavisbutthead: I come with spinach dip and chips along with goodie bags of Zooey Magazine and Mumford & Sons CDs. Hope you all enjoy!
Oh a gift for me too? *Rips open paper* Ooh Bones season 4 & 5 DVDs AND Castle 1 & 2???? WOW! You all are awesome.
Before I can get crazy though I need a nap. Only slept 2 hours last night. This couch looks fabu... :sleeping-yellow:
word count: 94
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

:music-singing: "...Everybody's gone surfin' - Surfin' USA!"

Yeah!

Sorry, can't stay. Gotta go to bed, soon! It's late. I am in my PJ's by the way! :) Oh, and there's my present. Oh, an iphone, too! Great! :)
Will be back tomorrow at around the same time. Maybe one or two hours earlier. And then I'll stay a bit. Need to pick up my costume, too. I'm gonna be a spider! - Or SPIDERWOMAN! :lol: Sorry, it's late, and I am a bit sappy. Try not to think about the fact, that I need to go to work again, tomorrow. This is a good distraction! :)

So, see you tomorrow!
word count: 111
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

~*Ali*~
Super Fan

Post by ~*Ali*~ »

:occasion-birthday: :occasion-birthdaymulticolor: :occasion-cake: :occasion-candle: :happy-wavemulticolor:

Ali :D
word count: 1

LizzieCat
Fan

Post by LizzieCat »

Many happy returns to TJ!!!

I love birthdays, and I love when I can wish others a happy one. Especially really cool dudes like TJ. :)

Sorry this note is so short, but my eyes are starting to bug out from grading so so so many math exams. I would gladly pass on more grading to attend a TJ birthday extravaganza--in Vegas or wherever!

Peace and hugs,
Liz

P.S. I love the birthday pic of TJ with the bones! Awesome!
word count: 81

I have an existential map. It has 'You are here' written all over it.
~Steven Wright

llamalah
Fan

Post by llamalah »

its past midnight on the west coast now so :occasion-birthday: TJ!

I've been rummaging through my cupboards trying to work out a costume. Im sure if I asked Pud (boy i nanny.. in case ppl are confused) he would suggest I go as Buzz Lightyear.. or a Ninja Turtle.
Im sure I have some green paint around here somewhere.
oh yes
*lathers face in green paint*
Pud would be very proud.

Party on!! :dance:
word count: 73

~*Ali*~
Super Fan

Post by ~*Ali*~ »

:mrgreen: <—— Nice costume Ange.
:D
Last edited by ~*Ali*~ on Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 3

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

HEEEELLLLLOOOOOO TJ gang...

*looking around the place* love what you've done, Steph.. looks amazing. Love the balloons and the silly strings :D Going to put my own touch.. *scattering confetting all over the room* even some over sleeping Angela... :twisted: Why do I get the urge to play with a watermelon and explowsives.. :naughty:

Uhhh pressies, me want one.. :pray: wonder what it is :think: yeah, a championship for Liverpool and a new computer, couldn't be more gratefull :dance:

Could use a drink to cope with all of this excitement.. better be carefull not to spill all over my new dress.. finally managed to fit my black dress I wore to my parent's silver jubilee 11 years ago.. soo happy (thank got it's a virtual party) mmmm rom/coke.. and look, there's a sinfully chocolate cake.. gonna have some.. wonder if Cally is going to bring her cake she spoke of earlier.. :drool:

Karaoke, not gonna happen especially when I'm still sober :D should I begin to sing.. then cover your ears, ladies.. bad bad singing voice.. :oops:

Heading out for a bit.. hopefully return later to celebrate our favorite guy's 36th Birthday..
word count: 191

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

:dance: <---its actually much too early in the morning for me to be doing that but see what I'll do for TJ?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TJ!!! I'll be back later, and play by the party rules. :clap: ;)
word count: 36
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

BACK AGAIN!! miss me??? :)

Wow Sharon that is early for you, applaud you! I agree, what we wouldnt' do for him :D

THe place still looks the same when I left.. or am I mistaken :D HOwever I return with a traditionally birthday cake (think I did it also last year).. this time topped with all of TJ's favorite fruits, whatever they may be :-)

word count: 63

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

* sneaks in and looks around...

*Checks out the music to find out what I should sing....

BRINNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG HIM HOMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEE LOL sorry, I have Les Miserables music in my head because they aired the 25th Anniversary concert on PBS last night. It was great (well minus one Jonas brother it was great!!! :mrgreen: )

26 minutes until my second (and last) class!

Get all the fun in I can before then.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin:
word count: 68

Akarana
Super Fan

Post by Akarana »

Woooohoooo Partyyyyy :dance:

I'm actually really dancing around here to Nelly's "Just a dream", because I will use the song in class with the kids and need to rehearse the moves they will learn along with the Vocabulary. (her, me, back, road, dream....).
Oh and I bring "Berliner" that's something we eat over here for our crazy Karneval activities in Germany. Really, it's nuts here. One big fat party with really silly looking people. :lol:
word count: 77
HODGINS: Well, hello, my exotic princess.
CAM: What a charmingly inappropriate greeting, Dr. Hodgins.

thayanne
Fan

Post by thayanne »

Hey guys ! enjoying the party?! The decoration is fantastic!! :clap:

btw I totally loved my present!! I've always wanted a 8 magic ball with TJ's faces !!! :mrgreen:

You guys look so good in the fancy clothes 8)

Guys I'm already drunk so I'm gonna go to the karaoke anyone care to join me singing "piano man" ? ... yeah I know but I warned you, I'm drunk!!
:dance:

(there's no age to get online-drunk right ?! :shhh: )

HOPE YOU'RE HAVING AN AMAZING DAY TJ !!!!!
word count: 84
"The biggest regret of my life is I didn't stop you "

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

*scattering confetting all over the room* even some over sleeping Angela... :twisted:

*sneezes and rubs eyes* :occasion-balloons: What the...? And why didn't you all wake me up when TJ dropped by? :snooty: :lol:

So who wants to watch The Princess Bride?? I'll try not to recite it while watching. :wink:
word count: 47
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

Akarana
Super Fan

Post by Akarana »

I have to admit I've never seen the Princess Bride. That movie is totally unknown over here. I actually bought the DVd, watched like 5 mins and then was like "Jeez....." and ended it .... Now I go to my corner and sit there ashamed ;) :P
word count: 45
HODGINS: Well, hello, my exotic princess.
CAM: What a charmingly inappropriate greeting, Dr. Hodgins.

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

AngMT wrote:*scattering confetting all over the room* even some over sleeping Angela... :twisted:

*sneezes and rubs eyes* :occasion-balloons: What the...? And why didn't you all wake me up when TJ dropped by? :snooty: :lol:

So who wants to watch The Princess Bride?? I'll try not to recite it while watching. :wink:
Sorry Ange for not waking you up, please forgive me! But you looked to coomfy, even with all that confetti :D

I've never seen that movie.. hear so much about it on shows etc.. what is it about/who's in it??

Anybody of for during some experiment??? :twisted:
word count: 97

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

(throws markbook out the window) I'm up for it Hanne!What kind of experiment and can we do it on someone else not me? That's a nice cantaloupe you have there btw..

Lurvv the outfits, people, and lovely to see you all. Champagne anyone? Oops sorry didn't mean to spill any.

Sharon, if we're going to do Les Mis can it at least be something up tempo?
Do you hear the people sing, it is the song of angry men......
word count: 84

Wendy
Super Fan

Post by Wendy »

*Takes a sneek peek around the corner*

Is there a party in here? I could hear the music blasting from the street! :D

I brought some snacks and drinks too! :laughing-jumpingpurple:
word count: 29