TJTHYNE.COM presents APRIL 2011 chat with TJ

Archived threads that are no longer active-this section is read only
skftex
TJ Team Validator

TJTHYNE.COM presents APRIL 2011 chat with TJ

Post by skftex »

Time for another chat with TJ! The chat will take place on the date and at the time listed above. Please do not post this information on Twitter or Facebook or other forums. We are going to try to keep this one as a chat for those of you that come and participate, so not advertising it will give you a better chance of having a question answered! The chat will still take place on the message board in a thread that will be started specifically for the chat. The length of the chat is based on TJ’s availability, he will tell us when he has to leave, right now he plans on a two hour chat and usually it is pretty close to that length (*assuming he has no technical difficulties ;) )

PLEASE READ ALL THE GUIDELINES!! If you show up to the chat we are going to assume you have read them.
  • Guidelines:

* THIS CHAT WILL BE COMPLETELY MODERATED. So, when TJ arrives, do not ask a question until you have been told to ask one. Feel free to properly greet TJ though. Steph will be the moderator, but I will also be helping to make sure things go smoothly. The thread will be posted in the TALK TJ section of the site, prior to the chat starting and will be locked until TJ is ready. Once TJ arrives, please wait to post, we are going to ask TJ to post something first so we all know he is there, then Steph will start selecting people to ask their questions. Once TJ has posted, feel free to say hello to him.

* The order for the questions will be determined by a draw, done by Steph prior to the chat. If you are going to attend and wish to ask TJ a question, you need to reply ON THIS THREAD, and tell us you have a question. DO NOT POST THE QUESTION; just let us know you would like to ask him something. YOU MUST REPLY ON THIS THREAD BY MIDNIGHT PACIFIC TIME ON April 27, 2010. If you do not specify you wish to ask a question prior to this time, you will not be able to ask him a question, though you are welcome to come to the chat and comment on anything he says there. If you attended the chat last time and had told us you had a question but didn't have a chance to ask it, you do still need to post and tell us you will be here and want to ask a question this time.

* Any question that is asked without being told by Steph to do so will be deleted and you forfeit your chance to ask a question for this chat. I've also talked to TJ and he will not answer if you haven't been told by Steph to ask. No one will get to slip one in this time.

* We want this to be a little bit more like a chat so that TJ doesn’t feel he is just answering questions and has no feedback, so please feel free to comment on anything he says. Just chatting with each other is okay too, though we would like to keep that to a somewhat minimum if possible, so it doesn’t take TJ a long time to see question when they are asked. Steph will tell each person when they can ask their question, followed by a short time to discuss the answer-then the next person will be told to ask their question. We hope to keep a nice flow to it, but also allow you and TJ to have a little bit of chat time between questions. (this is the same as the last chat, so reading the October chat will give you an idea of how that works if you are new to the chats)

* Please turn off signatures during the chat if it includes a photo. Text signatures with just a few lines are fine to keep.

* If you do not have a question for TJ, we do still want you to come to the chat and participate in the comment/chat part of it and talk to TJ.

* During the time of the chat we’d like to minimize the discussion going on in the chatbox. This is because TJ would like you all to discuss things in the thread where he can see it so he doesn’t feel he needs to go to the chatbox to interact with us or feel like he is in the chat thread all by himself. :)

* Please do not ask TJ personal questions. He’s nice and he’ll answer almost anything, but the purpose of this is to allow fans to ask him questions about his work. Steph will remove questions that we feel are not appropriate and you will be warned.

* Questions do not have to be limited to Bones, and out of the box questions are fine, just keep them clean and family friendly. The more you ask him about Bones the better though, since that is part of the reason he is doing this, so he can talk to us and answer any questions about the episodes in Season 6.

* Make it fun for TJ, be creative. He tends to be asked the same questions over and over so if you are able to come up with something new, he’ll probably enjoy chatting more. TJ’s favorite color is blue. We are telling you this so we can hopefully have more original questions asked. ;)

* Please check the tj’s skeletons section and see what he has already answered, and please do not ask any of those questions again. We recommend reading the August and the October 2010 chats as well-they are located in the TALK TJ section of the message boards. If you ask something TJ feels he has answered already, you will be referred to the tj’s skeletons section and he will move on to the next question.

* When TJ announces he has to leave, that is the end of the chat. IF TJ ANNOUNCES HE HAS TO LEAVE PRIOR TO EVERYONE HAVING A CHANCE TO ASK A QUESTION WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO MAKE SURE YOUR QUESTION IS ANSWERED IN ONE OF THE FUTURE CHATS. Please understand that as more people participate the harder it will be to get questions answered by everyone, but we are doing our best to make this a fair process.

* After the chat is over, you can post suggestions or comments in this thread or send Steph (ThyneAlone) or Sharon (skftex) a pm.
Timezone help:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
You can look at the time in Los Angeles and compare it to your local time to determine how many hours ahead of Los Angeles you are. If you are still not sure, feel free to post on this thread and ask us what time it will be where you are located, and we’ll be happy to help. This time it will be early in Australia but not quite as early-TJ really wanted to have a chat at a more convenient time for you but it is hard with the huge time difference from LA to Australia. We realize this is chat is on a Friday during the day in the U.S. and may mean those of you that work may not be able to participate but TJ chose this date and time and in the end it has to work for him first and foremost. We hope a lot of you still will be able to attend, but if not, there will be others. TJ has promised. ;)

You do have to be a registered member of the message boards in order to chat. You can register by clicking the register link at the top of the message boards. If you have any problems with registering, contact us at tjthyne.com@gmail.com

As you all can see, having chats every month hasn't been possible for TJ, but he will continue to do them when he has a chance. We are looking into options to do the chat in a live feed but haven't found the software with the requirements and security we desire yet, but we'll keep looking. If you have any questions about the chat or guidelines, you can ask them here, or send one of us (skftex or ThyneAlone) a pm and we’d be happy to answer them.

Thanks everyone, and once again let’s make this a great experience for TJ, so he’ll want to continue doing the chats.

Sharon & Steph
Last edited by skftex on Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total. word count: 1454
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: TJTHYNE.COM presents APRIL 2011 chat with TJ

Post by kayleigh_marie »

Just to get this out of the way. Haha.
I WILL be attending this time, and I will have a question.
I am going to work on what that is going to be, of course. ;)

Thank you ladies, of course for making this possible for all of us.
I'm off to find a question that hasn't been asked. :P
word count: 60
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Oh, no! :( No, not sad about the chat. That's so great! :dance: Thanks TJ, and thanks Sharon and Steph for organizing it! :romance-smileyheart: Just sad about the fact that I am in Düsseldorf that day. Hm, guess I have to buy myself a laptop to take it with me to Düsseldorf, so I can participate. Don't know, yet. :?

So, it's from 10pm till midnight in Germany, right?

Oh, and I guess you mean April 29, 2011, Sharon, right? Otherwise I have to jump into my time machine. :wink:
word count: 90
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

llamalah
Fan

Post by llamalah »

Oh YAY!

It'll be 6am on the saturday here, which isn't too bad really. I get up at that time most days of the week anyway. At least I can stay in bed.. :-)

I'm not even sure if I have a question.. yet.. I shall think about it. But I am looking forward to actually being present during the event! YAY!

Thanks TJ.. and thanks Sharon and Steph!

:dance:
word count: 71

TNPrincess14
Fan

Post by TNPrincess14 »

I am still reading through the August and October chats so I do not know what I want to ask yet, but I would definitely like to be put on the list to ask a question!!!
word count: 36
Jenny
"God is a little formal. Hodgins will do." - Dr. Jack Hodgins

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

TJ4ever wrote:Oh, no! :( No, not sad about the chat. That's so great! :dance: Thanks TJ, and thanks Sharon and Steph for organizing it! :romance-smileyheart: Just sad about the fact that I am in Düsseldorf that day. Hm, guess I have to buy myself a laptop to take it with me to Düsseldorf, so I can participate. Don't know, yet. :?

You know Simone, I thought that was when you said you were in Düsseldorf <---look a u with dots! LOL I hope you can make it. :(
TJ4ever wrote:
So, it's from 10pm till midnight in Germany, right?
Yes. 10pm to midnight.
TJ4ever wrote:
Oh, and I guess you mean April 29, 2011, Sharon, right? Otherwise I have to jump into my time machine. :wink:
BAHAHAHAHAHA Smart aleck! I thought I fixed that! Yes. No time machines required. :oops:
word count: 140
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

First of all out of respect to our amazing mods, Steph and Sharon, thanks for organizing yet another chat up with TJ, so cool.. and of cause a huge thanks to TJ for taking time out of his busy schedule to spent time with us.. :clap:

I am so going to be there.. not gonna miss this, no way! :D Gonna brew a lot of coffee when I get home from work and maybe get a small nap just to be sure that I'll stay awake.

As for a question.. not this time, I'll let all of our newbies get a chance to ask him..
word count: 105

CaliforniaCurrie
Fan

Post by CaliforniaCurrie »

Hi All! Thanks ladies for organizing a chat with TJ, and thanks to TJ for agreeing to have a chat with us.

I will be there and I will have a question. Not sure what it will be, but I will have one. I finished reading the October chat last night and will work on the August chat tonight.
word count: 59
Christine

-Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow. -Anthony J. D'Angelo

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I'll be there with a question for sure. 29th April I have a day off for the Royal Wedding so that will be a nice way to end the day.

Sharon, it's down as 10am Pacific at the top of this thread - should be 1pm, am I right?
word count: 50
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Sigh. Yes. 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Pacific time. :( Its Simone's fault! ;) Actually it is mine, I used the old file to fix the year rather than the new file with the right time and wrong year. :angry-banghead:
word count: 40

Violaine
Fan

Post by Violaine »

Woohoo! I will definitely be there, and I will have a question. I will probably not be available for the entire chat - in fact, I won't be home from work until 5:30pm eastern time, if I'm lucky, unless I manage to log on from work (unlikely). So if I don't get to ask, that's fine. We'll play it by ear.

Excited! :D
word count: 67

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

skftex wrote: You know Simone, I thought that was when you said you were in Düsseldorf <---look a u with dots! LOL I hope you can make it. :(
Hey, congrats, Sharon! You figured out how to put the dots over the "u"! :) :handgestures-thumbupright: Well, I think I'm gonna buy myself a notebook on monday. Hope I'm gonna figure out how everything works till I'm off to Düsseldorf. If everything works out fine, I'm gonna be there. Although I have to skip the Marina Sirtis panel. But I saw her so often now, and mostly she tells the same stories, so it's ok! I'm gonna let you know if I can make it!

And I'm sorry I caused some confusion with my comment about the wrong year, Sharon! :text-imsorry:
word count: 135
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Skye
Fan

Post by Skye »

i have a question! yay... cant wait.. will be there very enthusiastically.. x
word count: 13

delphiekat
Super Fan

Post by delphiekat »

Awesome! Thank you TJ, Sharon and Steph! Another fun chat coming up!

Of course I'll be there! I might even get the whole day off, so there's no reason to miss it!

Oh, and yes, I'll find a question for TJ :)

I can't wait!
word count: 48

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

OK, I think I have a question. :P
word count: 7
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

queenofthelab
Fan

Post by queenofthelab »

Hello! I'll DEFINITELY be there with a question, though I know I've already asked him a few so other people should take priority :) just to be there is enough. Thanks ladies for setting this up on a bank holiday in England. Now I'm looking forward to 29th April for three reasons!
word count: 54

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Well it was just lucky that it was that day, TJ picked the day and time because its the day of the Bones wrap party. Since it worked for Steph, I just went with it, though I might actually be a little bit late because I usually don't get home from school until right around 2 my time which is the starting time. :)
word count: 64

jusbcuzz
Fan

Post by jusbcuzz »

I'll be around for part of it. At least an hour I think. Have to work at 2:30. It'll give me something to read either when the bosses go home or when I get home. ;) I'm excited. No questions this time. I'm sure I could think of one but have had a couple answered and love to read others questions and of course his answers.
word count: 70

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

I will be there, and I have a question if there is time. Thanks. :D
word count: 14
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

Totally figured out my question.
Still very excited. <3
word count: 9
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.