All you wanted to know and haven't had a chance to ask

Archived threads that are no longer active-this section is read only
ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: All you wanted to know and haven't had a chance to ask

Post by ThyneAlone »

I'll start collecting this 3rd lot of questions together. Mteam already have the second lot (this is in addition to the much-vaunted and as yet unfinished interview!)and I have advised them to make a page and publish a few answers at a time rather than do one big interview. Fingers crossed that this plan makes it easier for them and TJ.
word count: 64
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

late_heart
Fan

Post by late_heart »

Since there's a third round of questions I'd like to know if TJ does any voice over work.

Because who doesn't have a huge voice kink? Okay, by kink, I mean who doesn't like the sound of a very well-toned string of consonants and vowels.

*nods gravely*
word count: 52
...he remains Hodgins of the unstoppable libido, with the constantly coiling Kundalini, the freaky twist of mystic master meets geekzilla. He’s still a poet, a shaman of the weird, and he’s in there, somewhere...

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

:D

You crack me up, late_heart.

But seriously, when it comes to the vocal instrument, it is all about the tone. Love it!
word count: 23

late_heart
Fan

Post by late_heart »

I can see this thread heading in a very dangerous direction, so I will simply nod, agree, and keep my thoughts to myself.

Well, except to say that when Dennis Haysbert asks 'are you in good hands?' the spark plugs fizzle and pop a little.

:D
word count: 45
...he remains Hodgins of the unstoppable libido, with the constantly coiling Kundalini, the freaky twist of mystic master meets geekzilla. He’s still a poet, a shaman of the weird, and he’s in there, somewhere...

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

BAH HAHAHHAHAAAA

(Dennis Haysbert. Hee. Funny. And now his voice is in my head, saying those words. Swell.)

I know, as soon as I typed what I did, I thought, this could be taken so many ways and I could add even worse comments. But I decided to keep my mouth shut and leave things as is. Sounds like we both need to behave. Hee.

P.S. Thanks again for the words o' comfort and cheer over on LJ. And for the Jack Hodgins userpic, of course. ;) I'll have to snag it and save it to my computer when I get home.
word count: 103

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I've got a couple more questions for ya, TJ...

1. Obviously there are so many films out there, to be enjoyed for a variety of reasons, but what films are on your 'must see' list? What makes you say: "Oh my god, how can you not have seen this film? You MUST run, don't walk, right now and see it." And as a follow-up, why are these particular films crucial or most interesting, moving, hilarious, or important (or whatever reasons that mean most to you in the choosing)?

2. Are you able to separate yourself from 'TJ the actor' and watch a movie or a play for the pure enjoyment of it? Or do you find yourself unable to shut off viewing from an actor's perspective? (For example, watching for whether the character is revealed well enough through the writing and the portrayals, seeing sections where you might have approached it differently, and finding parts you like or don't like that you can learn from as you watch, versus just watching and enjoying and getting sucked up in the story.)
word count: 185

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Okay! This question was inspired by the lovely Tara. She was discussing the episode Aliens in a Spaceship and brought up the scene where they dig out Brennan and Hodgins.

There's a moment right before Angela kisses Hodgins where it looks like he is saying something to her, but we can't hear the dialogue. It's not included -- we just see Hodgins' mouth moving, and then she kisses him. Since we were unable to read your lips, we were wondering, what did you say, TJ? Do you recall? Platitudes of love? Asking her if this moment is making her feel as uncomfortable and awkward as the one they 'shared' twelve hours before, when Hodgins said, "This sucks." (Hee.) Or, Tara assumed you might have said something like "I am crazy stupidly in love with you" or (my personal favorite, Tara) "I got you really nice perfume, but we used it to identify the the masceral group in the soil sample." hahaha

Come on, TJ, will this be a secret you take with you to the grave or will you let us dig it out of you?

*ahem* Horrible puns in that last sentence intended. I know. I'm terrible. :D
word count: 201

Tara
Fan

Post by Tara »

I figured it was probably unscripted (the "Hi" "Hi" is adorable, and I wouldn't be surprised if that was on the day), and then they went with music over it either because the dialogue had to be done in ADR due to the location, or TJ wasn't mic'd/it wasn't picked up by the boom mic. I'm geeky enough to have tried ripping the audio, to see if that track was under the music, but all I can hear is Emily's "Get Hodgins" and Michaela's "Jack, come on".

Yes, I am geeking out over 2x09 still. Since I just watched them all in the last month, and am now re-watching fave episodes while everything else I watch is on hiatus, I'm posting bits of reaction/discussion mostly in my Livejournal.

I also just love how Jack reaches up to touch Zack's forehead, and Eric just grinning. Very Three Musketeers.
Last edited by Tara on Wed May 28, 2008 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 159
In a world full of Uma Thurmans, everyone has an inner Janine Garafolo who needs to be taken out dancing every once in a while.

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

You certainly don't need to apologize, Tara. :D

2x09 is one of my favorite episodes of the entire series. I love every minute of it, and TJ is a large part of that. Actually, the whole group is wonderful -- it's an episode that really shows off what a great team of actors they are. And what a great team the characters are. Every single character contributed something to solving the twins case and saving Brennan and Hodgins. It's a powerful episode.

P.S. Yes, I love that moment with Jack and Zack, too. It's very sweet, and I love how it connects the two characters.
word count: 108

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Popping in for a quickie.

(Sorry about how that sounds.) ;)

TJ -- what do you love most about acting? And what do you find most challenging?
word count: 25

IntempestaNox
Fan

Post by IntempestaNox »

Alright - I've got two questions for TJ:

Tying to one of Sherry's questions (watching movies), are you comfortable watching your own work, whether it be tv show, movie or commercial?

Is there a movie out there that you've seen and enjoyed that you'd like to be in and portray a particular character (fantasy or for real)?
word count: 60
Jennifer
Intempesta Nox >> The Dead of Night
"Uh oh. You have but-face."

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

NEW QUESTIONS START HERE

This is to remind myself where I'm up to. All 87 unanswered questions are now with TJ for eventual answering on the main site.

Meanwhile...here's another...
TJ, like it or not, it's a fact that many TV actors are watched because the viewers find them attractive rather than for their innate talent. This is happening to you as a result of appearing on a long-running and popular series. Is it more difficult to be taken seriously and easier to be typecast in this situation? And how do you feel about it?
word count: 100

Ellen
Super Fan

Post by Ellen »

ok, i've got one. :)

TJ, If you were not involved in acting in any way, what would you be doing instead? Would you choose the quiet life? Or would you become famous another way?

xxx
word count: 36
"What if it doesn't end like that? What if it doesn't go wrong?"-Dr Jack Hodgins

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Excellent one, Ellen, don't think we've had that yet at all!

I've decided to do 'Desert Island Discs' (which is a popular radio show here, for those who don't know) for my next one:

TJ, if you were stranded on a desert island with no hope of immediate rescue..
a) what 8 pieces of music would you take with you?
b) and what book (apart from the Bible and Shakespeare, which are provided anyway)?
c) and what luxury item (it can't be a person!)?

Not original, but could be interesting.
word count: 95

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

This question may be for Kurt Kuenne as much as it is for TJ: Was there a specific inspiration that generated the idea that became Validation? Or did it simply come from a desire to make a positive statement via the medium of film? How did that short film come about?

Do you validate? ;)
word count: 54

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

*eager hand waving* Yes! Yes!

:(

Oh.
You meant him.
word count: 9

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

*chuckling*

Oh, Steph. ;)

I know you validate. You're always so encouraging to everyone on this site, and I imagine, everywhere you go. You are a kind-hearted soul. You are fantastic.

We all love you! :D

*hugs*
word count: 37

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Festive one - we have all been celebrating Christmas here -

What do you do at Christmas and New Year? Are you a party dude or a family guy or both?
word count: 29

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

...and what were your NY resolutions this year (whatever year it is by the time you get round to answering this question!)?
word count: 22

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

New question! Er... questions. :D

I was browsing on imdb.com and noticed that under TJ's resume it lists a second film with the same character from Validation: Hugh Newman. This film is apparently entitled The Phone Book. Is this a sequel to the wonderfully positive short film Validation? Is it completed yet? Will we get an opportunity to see it? Does it expand further on the concepts from the original? We are eager to see Kurt and TJ's new film! :dance:
word count: 82
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh