All you wanted to know and haven't had a chance to ask

Archived threads that are no longer active-this section is read only
irishdancer2
Fan

Re: All you wanted to know and haven't had a chance to ask

Post by irishdancer2 »

Such a great thread seems like it needs to be kept alive, so here I am reviving it a month a half after the last post :)

*A lot of us here are glad that you've kind of opened up your life to us on facebook. While it's not unusual for celebrities to have professional myspaces listing resume stuff, appearance dates, etc..., it is unusual for them to have a facebook with aspects of their personal lives on it. What was the inspiration behind your open-to-the-public facebook? Other than the fact that we're just so awesome that you feel compelled to please us, I mean?

*It seems like the cast of Bones is one big happy family by this time! Are real life dynamics family-like in a Leave it to Beaver way or a real, sometimes-we-hate-each-other-but-we-still-love-each-other way?

*From some of the pictures on your facebook, it looks like you enjoy hosting big parties. In general, do you like to always be with somebody or do you prefer alone-time?
word count: 185

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

It wasn't comatose, just resting: This thread has now produced so many questions that new ones are difficult to engineer!! However, I have a new one (I think).

TJ, what is your favourite space in the world? Is there a room, a chair,a home, where you feel especially at ease and totally yourself? If so, why, and what do you do there?

You'll be interested to know that this one was the hundredth question for TJ since he answered the first few (see the 'TJ's skeletons' section of the main site). Approximately, because some people ask 2 or 3 questions together. Since he tends to answer every question in meticulous and amazing detail, it'll be a long time, I imagine, before he gets through them. But just think how easy it'll be when he's finished - he can refer any interviewers to this site, there'll be nothing original left to ask! :)
word count: 158
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

You never know, Steph. People change and grow -- TJ might find in the future he has new answers to the same old questions. ;)

Congratulations on the 100th question! Whoo! :clap: :dance:
word count: 29
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Sinkwriter72 wrote:You never know, Steph. People change and grow -- TJ might find in the future he has new answers to the same old questions. ;)
Very good point, Sherry *nods sagely*. I would be a bit alarmed if my answers to questions years ago were the same as now. I mean, going back a lonnnnng way, I don't want to be a fairy princess any more, for a start.

Hey TJ. I know you wanted to be an actor from the word go, but did you ever have other ambitions - other things you wanted to be or do?
word count: 99

Lauren :)
Fan

Post by Lauren :) »

Hi guys!! *waves*

5 words to sum up how im feeling just now "I feel sorry for TJ!"

87+ questions to answer :P

But id like to know this :D

We were doing this talk for English and it was a debate about a Nuclear bunker and i was wondering...

If TJ had 10 spaces left in his Nuclear bunker, who would he save and why?

His Family and Friends are all safe because thats just plain nasty making him choose between them ;)

Oh, because of the deep talk we all had last week ;)

If your name wasnt TJ Thyne, do you think you would have turned out differently?

<3 Thanks :D
word count: 109

Lorenith
Fan

Post by Lorenith »

I thought of a really wacky question no one has asked. :D

Have you ever played Dungeons and Dragons or any other table top role playing game?

A lot of the stuff in the interview section seems pretty role playish like a game master laying out a scene for the players, and it got me wondering.

If you have, what's your preferred playing style. Story Driven or Hack and Slash?

You seem to be a person with a lot of resolve, what are some things that have shaped this strength in you?

Do you enjoy playing video games?

If you do are you more into old school things that present a huge challenge, or the newer shiny graphics with more forgiving game play?

Edit: 4.

I can't believe I forgot this one! It's a very hard one, but I've been asking artists and friends this a lot lately in a quest to better understand art.

What does the meaning in art mean to you? Doesn't matter what kind of art, visual, audio, or performance.

OK those are my questions, I hope they are fun to answer! I'll miss the part where I get to hold a conversation if any of them turn out interesting but it's awesome enough that you may answer these questions some day.
word count: 225

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

TJ, do you have a favourite or a least favourite photo of yourself?
word count: 13

Harry_Greece
Fan

Post by Harry_Greece »

TJ If you pick my question here it is!

I would like to know,if you have any after-BONES proposals for other tv shows or any movies,I would like to see you off-the lab for a while!anyway!I hope you answer!

Thanks for the autograph!
word count: 49

Harry_Greece
Fan

Post by Harry_Greece »

I GOT ANOTHER ONE!

TJ if you could choose any other role from BONES what role would you like?
word count: 19

JennyLea
Fan

Post by JennyLea »

Wow everyone has my questions just about covered, but I have two questions.

1. Have you ever been in any working labs other than the almost prerequisite highschool lab? If not, how do you get into your role and make it so believable?

I'll admit that this question comes from browsing your facebook profile. I know you are super awesome with your fans, but I read some of the comments on some pictures and status updates which lead me to this question;

2. Do you ever get tired of all the sexual innuendos that people send you?

Don't get me wrong, I think you are amazingly gorgeous, but that is not the reason I became a fan. It is the sensitivity and intellect that you show that first drew me to you. The more I see and read the deeper I am drawn. You are gifted with a depth of being that leaves simple girls like me in awe and breathless.

Jenny
:oops: :D
word count: 164

Rain
Fan

Post by Rain »

I read this whole post earlier in the night and now I don't remember if this was asked. My apologies if it was.

Question: TJ in your 5 questions to us one of them was what is our favorite Jack moment. I was wondering what yours was?

Also,

What song (or a couple if you can't pick) would make you feel as if your life was not complete had you not heard it.
word count: 75

Samson
Fan

Post by Samson »

My question would be:

How long did it take to film Validation, and did you guys keep any outtakes?

You had to have outtakes in that short film, I would love to see them...:)
word count: 34
Intelligence is the only true moral guide...

queenofthelab
Fan

Post by queenofthelab »

My question to you, TJ, is *insert your own drum roll here, for appropriate dramatic effect*

We’ve heard from Hart Hanson that you like to cook and I’d like to know what food you like to eat and cook for yourself; for friends and what is your philosophy to diet and body image? I’m a chef and caterer so this is a particular passion of mine.

Cally (queenofthelab)
word count: 71

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Excellent questions, Cally! I'd certainly like to know the answer to those. :clap:
word count: 13

aussie_tjfan
Fan

Post by aussie_tjfan »

The only question I'd like to ask him is "Have you ever been to Australia??" 8-) Hehehe. What can I say...I'm predictable! :lol:
word count: 24
Hodgins: I know things that would curdle your blood! Including a formula that literally curdles blood!

queenofthelab
Fan

Post by queenofthelab »

I have another one! I thought about it after looking over IMDb.com The wonders of the net, eh?

You've done a lot of guest spots on movies and television, to date, but which ones were your favourite to act; work on; just be part of?
word count: 47

Evil Imp
Fan

Post by Evil Imp »

desole j'arrive pas a trouver comment le dire en anglais :oops:

- si un genie te proposait de realiser 3 voeux, quels souhaits ferais tu?

- what is the best present what somebody gave you ?
word count: 33

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Pas de problème, je me débrouille en francais!
You mean: if a genie offered to grant you three wishes, what would you ask for?
but I am sure a lot of people have worked that out already. Welcome and thanks for your excellent questions. :)
word count: 46

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I can't speak French but I finally remembered where I recognized the word 'souhaits' from! The X-Files had an episode about a woman who seemed to be able to grant wishes (though, being The X-Files, those wishes eventually went horribly wrong, LOL), and it was entitled "Je Souhaite."

See... I can pick out words, but I can't speak it as an overall language. I'd really love to learn. I wish I lived near you, Steph -- I could take your class. ;)
word count: 85

JennyLea
Fan

Post by JennyLea »

Alrighty here goes. This question was inspired by recent current events and your own thoughts about the slaughter of dolphins in Japan. Although it has nothing to do with the horrendous dolphin slaughter I believe that in a way it can be related. Here is the question:

What is your view point on the Labrador and Newfoundland (Eastern Canada) seal hunt? Do you think it should be allowed to continue and what provisions would you make if it were allowed to continue? Do you agree with the European Unions ban on all seal products including those that are legally and sustainably harvested?

This was just one of the more recent global controversies to hit Canada. It would be interesting to see what you think about the situation.

Jenny
word count: 128