Site Ideas And Preferences Thread

Archived threads that are no longer active-this section is read only
ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: Site Ideas Thread

Post by ThyneAlone »

I think those are great ideas! The junkie one is a real keeper, and the others would work well too. Thanks for that, Jude, and I hope the match is a good one this afternoon. We'll be hanging on it. I have to be really careful here, as I have one Blue son and one Red one; the Toffee is currently away at uni so that makes it a bit easier.

Fingers crossed the cold feels better soon. In my experience a win usually helps you forget it but a loss makes it seem thoroughly miserable.

Six minutes. Ah well, I guess there was a nasty injury to be tended. But isn't it funny how much time always seems to get added on when Man U are losing (answers to this please repair to the Sofa - don't want this thread going offtopic!)?
word count: 145
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

late_heart
Fan

Post by late_heart »

Thanks for the lovely compliments, guys! I'm working on more looks so we'll have different things to choose from. Oh, looking at all these pictures of TJ is just so tiresome... :) But Sharon is the genius -- and workhorse behind all of this!! She's doing an swesome job, don't you think? And coding is a b----. That's why I don't code. Hee!
word count: 67
...he remains Hodgins of the unstoppable libido, with the constantly coiling Kundalini, the freaky twist of mystic master meets geekzilla. He’s still a poet, a shaman of the weird, and he’s in there, somewhere...

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

LOVE the new picture on the site! His eyes are...can't seem to find the right word to describe them! :) So many came to my mind! (Amazing, great, fascinating, incredible,...)
word count: 31
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

....sexy?? ;)

Annie, we really appreciate your contributions, you know we do. We know what we are putting you through, spending so much of your otherwise valuable time gazing at TJ. We'll make it up to you.

As for Sharon, yes, she is stellar, words fail me: and I wish I could do more to help.
word count: 56

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Yes, Steph, had that word in mind, too! :wink: :D
word count: 8

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Well as Steph and Annie know, I absolutely LOVE that picture. Well TJ knows it too...had a bit of a fangirl thing going one night. :oops:

Anyway, Steph you are doing a lot, it helps so much that I don't feel I'm making these decisions on my own. And you put up with my million and one e-mails. :lol:

Annie is making my job easier by doing the headers, which I think are absolutely amazing. I do know how to use photoshop, but having Annie do the headers allows me to do other things.

But honestly, I want everyone to chime in about what they like/dislike about each of the setups, so Steph and I have ideas about what YOU want, not just what we like. In the end, yes it'll be us choosing, but this really should be a group effort. So please please please post your thoughts. I know many of you already had prior to all the changes, but now that the changes are happening...let us know!

Thanks,
Sharon
word count: 177
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

DITTO!
PLEASE GUYS!
word count: 3

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

I like the grey background. But the white writing in the boxes at the home page and at the different sections (like gallery, bio, ...) is a bit hard to read. Maybe you should use black there as well or at least something a bit darker? The picture is nice but I don't like the black and white. It looks better in colour. That's at least what I think.
Sharon, do you know that the link at TJ News to Validation on the home page is not working?
word count: 89

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Simone, no I didn't know it wasn't working, I've noticed sometimes when I just change colors of the boxes it messes with the content. Thank you so much for letting me know Simone! I'll go fix it right now!

Sharon
word count: 44
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Well..hmm...I put all the code back to what it was before I started playing and it still isn't working. Just so you know, I am working on it. :)
word count: 31

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Still working fine for me! *puzzlement*
word count: 6

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

skftex wrote:Well..hmm...I put all the code back to what it was before I started playing and it still isn't working. Just so you know, I am working on it. :)
Or maybe you just write: " To watch it please go to the clips section" , or something like that?

Interesting new view on the home page. Like the blue/white picture. But with the white background you cannot read the text in the other sections (bio, resume, etc.) because it is in white, too.
word count: 86

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Thanks again Simone. I didn't even think to look at the other pages, but we do need them to at least be visible. So I made the body a little bluish, just so the other pages can be read because I don't have time to mess with the fonts tonight. I don't know about the Validation link because it is working for some people. So very odd.

Sharon
word count: 71

skftex
TJ Team Validator

site ideas sub

Post by skftex »

Hey Sherry! Great to see you. I hope you get the job!

And in a bit of selfishness, have you had time to look at the home page? Did you see the first two setups with the other headers? I'd love to hear your comments about them, as we need some more input! I appreciate those of you that have commented just wish more people would say something.

Sharon
word count: 70

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Hi, Sharon!

I'm so sorry I haven't replied regarding your outstanding work on the home page. I was mulling over the first one, and then I went back to look at it again and it had changed, so I figured I'd lost my window of opportunity to speak about it.

Let me see, I'm trying to remember...

Okay, with the first one, I liked the picture choice (of course), though it's not my favorite TJ photo -- you already know my favorites, I think, haha. I do remember thinking it was a lot of purple. And I wanted to mull it over because I was going to go back and look at the photo again and see if I could get a sense of what other colors might work well with it (because I think there was already enough purple within the photo itself). I recall liking the font.

Is this helping at all? :lol:

The second one. That was the one with the close up of TJ from the 'More Photos' section, right? That one seemed a bit washed out. Even the photo was lacking the vibrance it usually has. When I see that photo normally, his eyes look like a grey-blue, striking and (sorry, TJ) pretty -- is handsome better? :mrgreen: -- but without the color the photo didn't grab me like it could. I also recall thinking the font was a bit boxy for my taste, a bit plain, but I could be remembering it wrong. Was this the one that had a lot of white background, or is it the current page that has the most white? I remember thinking one of the page options had too much white; it may have been this second option.

Though I will say that the washed-out effect of the photo made me pause a moment and wonder how cool a header might be if it had several pictures going across the top, all in B&W, in various poses, with close-up shots and full-body-length photos or from-the-waist or from-the-chest-up photos. In different angles, photos sort of askew within the straight-across rectangular header, you know what I mean? Rather than one rectangular photo in an across-the-bar rectangular header. I wondered how that might look. Perhaps keeping the deep blue (the color you're currently using along the edges of the page). That might look really sharp.

Of course, I have no idea how to accomplish any of this. But I wondered it, all the same. *GRIN*

Again, is any of this helping? Or am I being a pain in the ass? :oops: :wink:

I swear, I'm just throwing out thoughts here. Please don't hate me. :shock:

All right then, moving on...

Current header. I admit, probably my least favorite of the three, so far. What is so striking to me about that particular photo choice (in its original form) is the eye-catching nature of that B&W shirt he's wearing. When you change the color of it, it's a lovely color, but it doesn't quite grab me as strongly as the original photo. And of the fonts, this one blends beautifully with the photo, but I admit, I don't love the style of the font. I think it lacks personality, and one thing I think we can all agree about re: TJ, it's that he has a vibrant personality. I think his name could reflect that a little more, with a more quirky font. Nothing pretty or girly, I'm not saying anything like that -- I'm saying I'd love to see you try a font with a little more edge or funky fun. After all, this is the guy who wore a gigantic afro and got himself all pimped up, just to amuse all of us. :lol:

P.S. Rather than the light blue font on the grey background, I wonder how it would look to use that deep blue as font color (the same deep blue you're using as a frame around the edges of the page)? Just curious.

Anyway, not sure how many font and page style options you have available to you, I don't know how the site works or what its capabilities are, so I may just be rambling here and by now you want to beat me over the head with something heavy. I'm sure Brennan could recommend a suitable weapon. (Heeee.)

Nevertheless, those are my thoughts for now. Do you still love me? *smiles adorably so you can't resist* :D

I just want to say THANK YOU, because you are working SO hard and trying out all sorts of things, and I know you have very little time in your schedule to do so. I just want you to know how much we all appreciate you, Sharon. You are MARVELOUS and MAGNIFICENT and every other word that can possibly illustrate your wonderfulness. Thank you for doing this! You are doing a fantastic job. <3
word count: 843
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

This is for anyone who may have missed the site setups that I'd been playing with this past weekend. I have 5 setups. They are not concrete, just ideas. But soon we will be choosing so I'm giving everyone a chance to see these and make suggestions. I appreciate those of you that have already voiced some opinions about what they saw, and please feel free to add more if you think of something else.

These should be clickable thumbnails, screenshots of my screen when each setup was on the site. They are all 1024X768 when you click on them (or should be!).

Sharon

edit because I added a new style today. I said I wasn't but this is based on the comment that the one photo had been muted. This is the current setup..please excuse the change in font colors from page to page, obviously that sort of thing would be fixed on the final design. Also the boxes would be a different color with this setup.

Last edited by skftex on Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 172

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Crap. Sharon, I just realized I responded to you here in the OffTopic thread instead of elsewhere, like the Site Ideas thread. :oops: Sorry sorry sorry... it's late and I'm an idiot.

Steph, should I move my comments to Sharon over there? Actually, I don't think I can delete my own post once I've posted it, can I? If it's glaringly out of place, perhaps you could move it? Or is that a lot of effort for a silly reason?

Apologies, again. :?

Additional comment: And then of course I went to log off and saw Sharon's new post, with the 5 examples. Damn, I have such terrible timing tonight. *hits head against desk* I'm sorry, Sharon. Would it be okay if I came back to that thread tomorrow and commented some more then? Or have you had enough of me?
word count: 146

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Sherry, that is a big help actually. But if you'd like to actually see those setups again, you can go to the Talk TJ section and look at them under the site ideas thread. I JUST put up the thumbnails so people could see them again.

Now, to address a few things, the fonts in the headers, they can change, thats all based on what Annie chose for them. Fonts on the header are only limited to what Annie has, and that could be tons as far as I know!

The header with the pic that is in the more photos, yes, Annie intentionally muted it, and I do have some that I requested not be muted, using that photo. So you see how the setups are not rigid? Personally this was one of my favorites but then I'm a bit partial to that photo so trying to keep neutral. :wink:

We can have a lot of photos, but..honestly I think that it usually ends up looking messy and cluttered, when what TJ requested was clean. However, maybe we can see what that looks like if I have time. Can't guarantee anything because time is running short right now.

Font colors are definitely on the table, as some setups, like the current one, I didn't change them at all due to lack of time. They were leftover from a previous setup where they did work. I think that the darker blue would work best for this current one, as well as changing the boxes to blue.

The first one, the boxes changed colors but I'm sure that the salmon/cream boxes are NOT going to be part of the final choice, as I don't like them. And I get to nix it because I'm the one doing it. HEE HEE.

Anyway, thank you so much. I knew you'd be a strong voice as far as opinions about them and I appreciate it.

Sharon
word count: 331

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Oops and I just responded to make it worse. :oops: Steph...can you move just posts and put them in the right section? If not...Sorry!

Sherry, thats fine, if you comment again tomorrow. The more the better!

Sharon
word count: 38

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

skftex wrote:Oops and I just responded to make it worse. :oops: Steph...can you move just posts and put them in the right section? If not...Sorry!
Sharon
Can and will, later, but got to get to work now!!
word count: 39