chat with TJ -just info-no date set yet

Archived threads that are no longer active-this section is read only
skftex
TJ Team Validator

chat with TJ -just info-no date set yet

Post by skftex »

Hi everyone!

I know we said way back in September that we'd have another chat with TJ but unfortunately TJ's schedule, and Steph and my schedules as well, have been pretty busy, so it never happened. We then hoped to do it in November and again couldn't make it happen.

BUT, we THINK we'll be able to have one early in December, assuming all of the stars align correctly! :wink:

As some of you know, we had a test chat with TJ a few weeks ago, it went well and we are going to do the chats a little differently from now on.

[*]The December chat will be by invitation only. The list of people being invited has been determined and there is a reason why these people are on the list-it was determined by the members who have posted up to yesterday in November. If you didn't post between November 1, 2012 and November 25, 2012. I'm sorry but you will not get an invitation, and this is one of the reasons we are always trying to get people to post! (The invitations will be sent out once we have confirmed a date/time with TJ. More information will be given to those invited.)

[*]TJ liked the new way to do the chat so much he is hoping that starting in January and through the time that new episodes are airing, we will have a chat about once a month. As always, TJ's schedule determines this mostly.

[*]The chats will as always be restricted to just board members. There are rewards for posting and being a part of this community! :)

So that is what is going on with the chats. :)

Sharon
Last edited by skftex on Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 289
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: chat with TJ -just info-no date set yet

Post by stargazer »

YAY!!! That's great news Sharon!!!! :text-woo: :happy-wavemulticolor: :happy-cheerleaderkid:

That was very nice of TJ to leave us a holiday message on the front page! So sweet!! :romance-smileyheart:
word count: 24
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

omelette73
Super Fan

Post by omelette73 »

sounds like a plan, a very good one! :)
word count: 8

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

Awesomesauce! Thank you :)
word count: 3
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Very cool! Thank you, Sharon and Steph, for working to put this together. :D
word count: 13

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

What an amazing early Christmas gift :-) the news about a new chat.. It's been awhile but as you said, Sharon, with your, TJ and Steph's schedules it's not be easy to find a date yet.. Will begin to visit the site even more than I've had for the last months..

Like the idea that the chat will be invitation only! Happy that I've posted in November - not much, I know!.. (bad fan). :angry-banghead:

Should I get an invite - YEAH! if not, then I can only blame myself..

Amazing job that you and Steph are doing..
word count: 99

MarinaDuister
Fan

Post by MarinaDuister »

OH MY!!! :romance-smileyheart: You guys are doing a great job setting these things up, I suppose it'll be all worth the wait :)
xx

---EDIT---
Okay I read what I said again and want to change something:
I'm sure it'll be worth the wait haha :eusa-dance:
word count: 48
"What about love? What do you have to say about love?" -Angela Montenegro
"It's overrated. Most of the time." -Jack Hodgins

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Invitations have been sent. If you posted between November 1, 2012 and November 25, 2012, you should have received a PM with an invitation. If you posted within this time frame and did not receive the pm please let me know.

Sharon
word count: 42
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

Sharon and Steph! Thanks for all of your work and dedication in setting up this chat for us, as well as maintaining the site for our enjoyment. I think that I speak for all of us in saying that we really appreciate you lovely ladies. :)
word count: 45
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Cool! ...and I promise to post more! ;-)
word count: 7
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

You know what would be really great? That those of you promising to post more would post on the Bones threads. I know some people haven't seen the episodes (like Steph and Vero) but a lot of you have, and it is a pretty HUGE deal for TJ right now, so I'd like it at least to look like we all support that a little more. And I know some of you have been great about it (Kathy, Marina, AmyLynn...) and A LOT of us (yes, including myself there though I have made a little more effort this season but not enough LOL) do not. I really don't feel that commenting has to be some great detailed analysis of the episode, but we all see the episodes and think "OH I LIKED THAT", or "nope don't get it!" And if TJ does manage to do these chats a little more (he tries, really he does...) it would be nice if he could see, even if he doesn't read the Bones ep threads, that people do watch and care and don't just show up for the chats!

Okay, I don't mean that to be like a lecture, we all have reasons we don't post-I know I do and so I'm talking to myself about this too-just wanted to let you know what would be great for those of you that say you'll post more. Posting on the sofa is great but there is a great big forum out there with so many other things to talk about that are TJ related! :P (Oh and if you've seen Shuffle and haven't posted there yet, THAT would be a great one to post on as well!!)
word count: 296

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

You know I'd be posting about every episode if I could. :( I've been so swamped with school these past months, and my recent job nightmare, and then this health mess in the past 2 months, that I've gotten wayyyy behind on my Bones watching. But I have every intention of catching up as soon as I'm able. You know I like to analyze those episodes! I've missed being able to see TJ at work and comment on it all.

I did love Shuffle, though. That was wonderful to watch. I want to see it again! :D
word count: 100

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

As I am in Germany I unfortunately didn't get the new episodes! Sorry! And as I work long hours I only have time to look for a working link at the weekend. Then I usually didn't find one and give up and hope German TV will show some new eps soon. So, here in Germany it's hard to keep up to date with Bones. I think it losts it's popularity over the years and the TV stations lost it's interest. :-( I missed a lot of eps (as I said it's not easy in Germany to keep track with Bones) but I will look for the eps from season 8 and try to watch as many of them during my X-mas vacation! Hope I get everything, because I missed - I think the whole - season 7. :oops:
Last edited by TJ4ever on Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 141
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I feel your pain, ladies, especially the work pressure and the near-impossibility of finding proper working links (of course if I had more time and didn't get completely frustrated with constant buffering, fuzziness and non-synching dialogue, not to mention my slight feeling of guilt about the process, I would probably have seen at least a couple of eps by now). As Sharon knows, I adore writing reviews. But if we can't get in there it's lovely to have reliable people that let us know what is happening.

I think, re non-TJ related stuff, we do tend to go to the sofa like an old friend, usually when we are suffering (or euphoric) for instant empathy! But Sharon is right; we could maybe do with looking at this forum and Bones or Shuffle a bit more. Personally I could even handle a few spoilers if people are still looking out for them - we do after all have a specific spoiler thread which members may choose to avoid if they wish!

Really looking forward to the chat; Sharon's made sure I know the correct time and date this time! :D One little caveat - once the main chaotic greetings have subsided, can we please make room for a few people to talk to TJ? Sharon & I will try gently to organise you so you are not all talking at once, but do give everyone else a chance – knowing TJ he may want to ask you questions too! See you all tonight! - well, it will be later today for some.
word count: 262
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Sharon, I assume you'll be sending out the password soon? :D Looking forward to it! Thanks again for all you, Steph and TJ are doing to put this together.
word count: 29

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

It is unlocked, so you shouldn't be needing a password anymore. ;)
word count: 12

omelette73
Super Fan

Post by omelette73 »

Hope it's the right place to post my impression about yesterday chat!

First of all I really, really would like to thank you for setting everything up, it was a wonderful opportunity for us to talk with TJ, and obviously I want to thank TJ too for finding the time to chat with us.

I really liked the relaxed atmosphere, and I loved we have talked about lots of things, not only Bones related. I think there were the perfect number of people to really talk about something, without the situation get too messy.
The only suggestion I have for the next time (hoping we will have a next time!) is to gave each participant the opportunity to ask a question to TJ, about the show, his future/current projects or whatever people would like to know about him. We could even send this questions in advance to the staff, so you and TJ can approve them, and we wouldn't risk to have any repetition. Just one question, than free chat with all the waffle, boobing, and movie preferences I enjoyed so much!

Thank you again for the opportunity... oh and I really have to learn all your names, you all know each other so well that it wasn't easy to distinguish your name from the nickname you were using in the chat! LOL
word count: 227

Ali:)
Fan

Post by Ali:) »

I Love what I saw, I thought it was a great place to meet up and have a chat with TJ. Which by the way I didn’t realise he was there under drjacketc. as all I saw was ajdkfaldkflas lol half asleep lol. Funny :icon-lol: Cheers for setting it all up and Cheers to TJ for taking time to have a chat with us all. :D PS can anyone give me a run down of topics talked about? If you can’t remember then thats ok.

Cheers Ali :D
word count: 87

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

To reply to Teresa: first of all, glad you enjoyed it so much. I thought it was great. I had been concerned about no-one being able to follow the chat if we had more than 6 or 7 people on, but I didn't have to ask people to slow down or take turns and it all worked very well! I loved that it just felt like an informal chat with friends.

As regards questions - well, we have done it that way before - have a look at previous chat THREADS where we haven't actually used a chatroom and you will see that I am there giving members turns to ask their questions. It also works well but it does give a feeling of formalisation which I think TJ felt a little ambivalent about. It didn't allow him much of a chance to go off at a tangent or into stream-of-consciousness friendly talking, so he drifted off into the chatbox at times. So basically this time I relaxed and let you get on with it. And the result was personal stuff rather than info about the show. On reflection I reckon we need a balance between the 2 which we can maybe get next time. See, this was very different. We didn't have 60-odd people on & we didn't have to wait for actual posts to appear before responding, hence more immediate and natural. I need to moderate to the point of something that isn't an interview but isn't too rambling either. All thoughts taken on board, thank you!
word count: 267

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Ali - it was lovely to see you, I knew you would be tired but I think TJ was delighted you turned up!

Topics, ooh, they all seemed to blend into one another. We did talk about the show a bit - fave interns notably, he was interested in how we felt about Vincent, Sweets and Daisy! We Europeans also wailed a bit about not easily being able to see season 8 and not having access to Shuffle in region 2 - over neither of which he has any control whatever, of course. There was a bit of chat about the Moment series which has had to go into abeyance for a bit as he is so busy with everything else. We said what we were doing at Christmas and talked about our favourite Christmas films, and a bit about music and singing; Shania Twain came into it I recall. I'll let you know more when I have thought about it, or maybe the others have something to add. It was just a very pleasant conversation which we all enjoyed. Numbers were great too. Although I know Véro got a bit confused and Marina had probs with her hardware, remarkably trouble-free. For which all credit to our fantastic Sharon, who ROCKS big time. :eusa-clap: :eusa-dance:
word count: 217