Schedules

Archived threads that are no longer active-this section is read only
begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Schedules

Post by begolden »

Does anyone know when the repeats start up again here in the US, and what episode we'll get next? (Yay! I've managed to put the spam at the bottom of this page--let's keep it there!)
word count: 39
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

begolden wrote:Does anyone know when the repeats start up again here in the US, and what episode we'll get next? (Yay! I've managed to put the spam at the bottom of this page--let's keep it there!)
I believe a schedule was posted over at the LJ site of 206_bones, where we also learned that Bones will be moving to TUESDAY nights this year, rather than returning to Wednesday (or taking up the Friday Timeslot of Doom). I believe it was late August that the reruns were to start again, but ... let me check ...

Sorry, I was wrong. It was stating that the Bones (and House, for those interested) season premieres will be on September 25th. I'm not sure about reruns, but I can't see anything in the neat future in my online TV Guide!
word count: 142

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Yes, that's what I gathered too. September 25th. Goodness knows when the UK will get it, though!
Small question to US members - why is Friday such a graveyard slot?
word count: 30

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

ThyneAlone wrote:Yes, that's what I gathered too. September 25th. Goodness knows when the UK will get it, though!
Small question to US members - why is Friday such a graveyard slot?
Hey! I'm not a US member, but I thought I'd take a run at this one. It has been said that when a show moves from its regular slot into a Friday slot, it's been sent there "to die". I think this is somewhat based on shows on the past, that have been moved to Friday and then have been canceled. Dark Angel is the only one I can think of off the top of my head. It did well in its first season, but then moved to Friday and flopped.

I'm not sure the exact reasoning ... my theory is that perhaps because it's a Friday night, and the first official night of the weekend - most people aren't home to watch TV. However, if it was still a show I enjoyed, I would be setting my tape if I weren't home (as I did with Dark Angel).

Those are my ideas, but perhaps the other US viewers know more?
word count: 198

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

This makes sense, of course, but I feel it's much less true here, and I was wondering whether there were cultural differences that made it more so. If we're at a point where shows can be recorded, I don't see the issue. In the UK, high-profile shows have often been shown, and been popular, on a Friday, without coming to grief, but boards populated mainly by t'other side of the pond inhabitants appear to become very concerned at the mere mention of Friday. Does it 'matter' more in the US which night shows air?
word count: 99

saburcat
Fan

Post by saburcat »

ThyneAlone wrote:This makes sense, of course, but I feel it's much less true here, and I was wondering whether there were cultural differences that made it more so. If we're at a point where shows can be recorded, I don't see the issue. In the UK, high-profile shows have often been shown, and been popular, on a Friday, without coming to grief, but boards populated mainly by t'other side of the pond inhabitants appear to become very concerned at the mere mention of Friday. Does it 'matter' more in the US which night shows air?
I think now Fridays and Saturday nights are "deadly" nights for TV shows, because of other things people do. Saturdays used to be very popular (of course, I'm basing that off watching The Golden Girls back in the day with my mom), but now a lot of stations show reruns or specials. Or Dateline's To Catch A Predator. Sunday nights are also show killers. For me, it's hard because I have class two nights a week and I don't know when they'll be until I register for them, so this semester I won't be able to see anything on Wednesdays or Thursdays, which means I'll miss Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares (we've finally stolen him from you..woo hoo!) on Wednesdays and CSI on Thursdays. But I was THRILLED that Bones moved to Tuesdays, because now I won't miss any episodes. BUT, it's moving to Fridays in January when American Idol pops back up. So then it will conflict with Meerkat Manor, but they rerun the Meerkat show constantly, so I'm not worried about that.

So, other then telling you all my own personal TV viewing schedule, I guess I'm just saying that Yes, days do matter over here. When Friends was on and we had Must See TV Thursday, NO ONE missed Thursday nights. We'd watch and then go party, or make sure there was a TV where we partied. Plus now you have "those shows" that you don't really want to go up against because they are so popular (like CSI, although it may have jumped the shark with the way they ended last season). Oh yes, then we have Sunday Night Football, Monday Night Football, and the World Series to contend with in the Fall. Although I'm not complaining about the football.

Weez
word count: 411
Imagination is more important than knowledge ~Einstein
But without knowledge, what kind of imagination will you have? ~me

Y Ddraig Coch
Fan

Post by Y Ddraig Coch »

Well that is confusing.You did say Bones was moving to a friday in January?If it's a "bad"night why would they schedule a top show for that evening?Are they trying to kill it off?!!!!! :( Be interesting to see which night we get over here-although it doesn't seem to impact on success the same way.
word count: 60

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

Y Ddraig Coch wrote:Well that is confusing.You did say Bones was moving to a friday in January?If it's a "bad"night why would they schedule a top show for that evening?Are they trying to kill it off?!!!!! :( Be interesting to see which night we get over here-although it doesn't seem to impact on success the same way.
At the end of last season (or perhaps just after it had ended), there was chatter about Bones moving to Friday, as an entire new timeslot. I think this show is one of the most underrated out there (and many, many people have made mention of this as well), and moving it to Fridays just may have been giving it the walking papers.

However, I don't think anything was ever confirmed. You know Fox and their love of Idol ... so once American Idol returns, I believe it's on Tuesday and Wednesday. Last year, Bones was in the ideal timeslot and aired before Idol, so it was no worry. But this year, with Bones being on Tues before House - something will have to be done, as it sits right in Idol's slot.

I'm not sure what will happen to it - whether it will temporarily move to Friday, to make way for Idol, or whether it will just go on a big, long break (though, Idol seems to drag on FOREVER, so it doesn't seem right to deny us new Bones for that long). Fox should really get smart, and be like us Canadians with our Canadian Idol - it runs during the SUMMER, so as not to disturb any regular programming. Also, it gives you something to watch when everything else is reruns.

I guess only time will tell what will happen, come January '08!
word count: 302

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: Schedules

Post by ThyneAlone »

OK, latest on schedules not looking too promising. If you recall, there was publicity amongst fairly reliable sources that there would be a new Bones episode aired on Feb 22nd - and nothing before then. This was said to be on a press release, though I didn't see it (<<shame :oops: >> - I swear I will check these things out in future - apparently it wasn't an official release). Well, apparently Fox have denied that they said anything other than that the new episodes would be broadcast early in 2008. So not even February to look forward to in this barren and bleak Bones desert. Hmmm. :cry: Of course we all know Fox changes schedules all the time.. perhaps best to keep checking the listings. See link below. EDIT: Currently they'd appear to indicate that the last 4 eps - that includes PUP - are being held back till Mondays late April/May (another sweeps period I think?). Since when is May 'early in 2008'? :roll:
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch. ... w=listings
word count: 168
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Latest, but as yet unverified: Apart from the 4 we were already expecting there are going to be, it seems, another 2 episodes before S3 closes. There was initially speculation there would be more, but it looks like this is going to be a pretty short season!
word count: 47

catylin
Fan

Post by catylin »

so excited!!! saw on fox the actual date of the new bones and I think its real...one of my friends saw a commercial for it and so nicely passed on the good news!!! and even if its a short season...its always bound to leave me in awe...sigh im so excited now!!! I think the date was april 14...lets all get ready!!
word count: 65

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Yep quite right - April 14 is our D, or should I say B, day. Season will finish mid-May.
word count: 19

catylin
Fan

Post by catylin »

oh boy oh boy oh boy!!! bones may have a supersized order for episodes next season and is adding six more episodes to the spring!!! ahhh!!!!!

heres the link to the article:

http://tv.yahoo.com/show/37774/news/urn ... nGck5.RNMF

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! more tj...more tj....more tj...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :wink: :wink: :wink:
word count: 50

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Hey Catylin, I think you need to pep up. You are sooo sedate. ;)

Hee hee... just teasing you. Your enthusiasm is fun.
word count: 22