April 2013 Chat with TJ

Archived threads that are no longer active-this section is read only
skftex
TJ Team Validator

April 2013 Chat with TJ

Post by skftex »

Hello everyone! We will be having a chat with TJ in April. It will be like the last one and by invitation only. Invitations will be sent today. If you don't get one by tomorrow, and you posted between January 1, 2013 and today-April 12, 2013, please let me know. Date/time is not to be discussed in public. More info will be given in the invitation.
Last edited by skftex on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 69
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Re: April 2013 Chat with TJ

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

:text-woo:

;)

It may be tricky for me -- middle of the week times are tough, especially getting so close to the end of the semester, but I will definitely try to make it!

Very cool that TJ's got a rare day off. Even cooler of him to actually want to spend any portion of that day off with his fans. Thanks, TJ!
word count: 61
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

AmyLynn
Fan

Post by AmyLynn »

So cool!! I am going to have to set a reminder on my cell so I don't forget this time!! lol!! As soon as I figure out what the time difference is...lol Can't wait!
word count: 37

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

It is 12 pm (noon) for EDT. ;)
word count: 7
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

Perfect! I know what I'm going to be doing on my lunch break. :)
word count: 14
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Guess I will be there a bit later but totally looking forward to it! Thanks Sharon and Steph - AND thank you TJ! So cool! :-)
word count: 24
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Thanks to everyone that came to the chat. Please feel free to leave comments here about it, if there is something you liked, or any suggestions for changes, we are happy to hear about it.

Sharon
word count: 36

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I thought it was fun, Sharon. Some very interesting questions, especially about the work he did in Africa, which was remarkable, and his response about the complex nature of the scripts he receives and all the writes and rewrites and approvals it goes through before it even reaches his hands and even well after that, while he's filming! Wow.

Anyway, I thought it stayed on track pretty nicely, with not too many strays from whatever topic on hand (though sometimes it understandably takes a few moments for TJ to read through all the responses and respond to as many of them as he can, so we all have to remember that he's not ignoring anyone, he's actually just behind in conversation and may respond in delay so it's important not to jump on him or assume he's not going to answer your question).

I hope that some of the people for whom English is not their first language found the pace a little better for participation this time around. I know that was a concern from the last chat.

And honestly, I think the next chat could make it even easier for everyone to participate. If TJ decides to ask some questions of his own, it might give him the opportunity to get to know people better and more specifically converse with them. (And might take the pressure off people who don't have an immediate, specific question for TJ that he hasn't already answered for us.) I think it could be really fun for everyone involved, and most hopefully, really fun for TJ.

At any rate, I loved having the opportunity to chat with TJ and once again thank you both (Sharon and Steph) for putting it all together.

And thank you to TJ, for giving up some valuable time in his rare day off, to talk with his fans! Very generous and kind. :D
word count: 321

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

As always, it was great getting a chance to talk to TJ. It was really awesome learning about his charity work in Africa and about some of the behind-the-scenes on the Bones set. What he does and what he's able to do with his life is incredible and I love that he's willing to find a little of his time to share it us.

I liked how everyone got the chance to ask him a question and I'm not sure about everyone else, but I love his long answers. You can tell that he is deeply committed and compassionate about what he does. :)

Can't wait for next time when he gets to question us! That should be lots of fun!! :D :eusa-dance:
word count: 128
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell