Bones Vs. NCIS or other shows

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
JennyLea
Fan

Bones Vs. NCIS or other shows

Post by JennyLea »

I noticed that in the Spoiler talk there is alot of comparison between Bones and NCIS going on so I though maybe it should have a topic.

Steph, Please feel free to move this to wherever it may be more appropriate.

While reading the comparisons, I was thinking that I totally agree. The resemblance between some of the characters in Bones and NCIS is rather uncanny.

Here are the ones stated so far as well as the ones that I noticed:

Booth
-Booth and Gibbs were both Snipers.
-The same actor played both Booth and Gibbs father.
-Both Booths and Gibb's father were in the Air Force
-Both Booth and Gibb's have turbulent relationships with their fathers
-Both Booth and Gibbs seem to have issues with authority

Brennan

-I noticed that in "The Parts in the Sum of the Whole", Brennan mangling colloquialisms. eg. She used the term "Broil the suspect" instead of "grill the suspect". Ziva uses colloquialisms wrong all the time
-Both Ziva and Brennan have no problem with physical confrontation and are often physically aggressive.

General
-The same actress becomes a possible love interest for characters in both shows
-The whole Brennan and Booth relationship run around is quite similar to the whole Tony and Ziva thing.

Those are the similarities that I have thought of so far.

Jenny
word count: 224

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Re: Bones Vs. NCIS or other shows

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Definitely some interesting (and unusual) similarities, Jenny!

Though I mentioned one correction in the other thread: The same actor plays Gibbs's father and Booth's grandfather, not his father. Not a big deal, but I thought I'd throw it out there just in case it matters. And either way, it is pretty bizarre that they're using two of the same actors/actresses.

I suppose some people don't watch both shows, so they don't really know about these things or see the same actors on the same shows, so they won't mind it. But for those of us who watch both, it is a little wacky. For me, anyway. :D
word count: 114

JennyLea
Fan

Post by JennyLea »

Sinkwriter72 wrote:

Though I mentioned one correction in the other thread: The same actor plays Gibbs's father and Booth's grandfather, not his father. Not a big deal, but I thought I'd throw it out there just in case it matters. And either way, it is pretty bizarre that they're using two of the same actors/actresses.
Thanks Sherry!!! I hadn't made the connection about Booth's Grandfather and Gibbs father being the same actor. I was just carrying it over from the spoiler thread, but I glad you caught the correction!

It is strange how two completely different shows could have so many similarities. I also find it slightly bizzare how both TJ and Tamara have made cameos on NCIS.

Oh yeah... Another Booth/Gibbs similarity... They both follow their "gut".

Jenny
word count: 137

Urkindalame421
Fan

Post by Urkindalame421 »

Sinkwriter72 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:05 pm
Definitely some interesting (and unusual) similarities, Jenny!

I suppose some people don't watch both shows, so they don't really know about these things or see the same actors on the same shows, so they won't mind it. But for those of us who watch both, it is a little wacky. For me, anyway. :D
I noticed in the first few episodes of bones the episode where dr Brennan goes to New Orleans and is drugged and gets amnesia anyway an extra in the scene before the opening theme and before she wakes up talks about sleeping with a girl who is way too into coffins clearly an Abby easter egg
word count: 179