Bones 9.02- The Cheat in the Retreat

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
AmyLynn
Fan

Bones 9.02- The Cheat in the Retreat

Post by AmyLynn »

I liked this episode better than last week's. :icon-razz: But I have to be a little backwards and start off with the end...lol

The little old couple that were doing the 'thefts' and ultimately were the killers... 'The Shummaukers' (and I'm sure that is not the proper spelling...lol), brings a big question up for me. In 'Dirty Dancing' (one of my all time fav movies) there was a story line of pick pocketing at the retreat, in the end it was found that the pick pocketers were a little old couple by the name of 'The Shummaukers'. I'm am so curious as to wether that was intentionally done, or if it was coincidence?? That was the only thing I could think of from the moment I heard their names...lol

Now I can go back to the beginning...

Cam and her stolen identity... so is it another Pelant thing or just a random crime??? I had one problem with the storyline. Cam not wanting anyone's help. I get it that she is controlling and wants to handle it herself, but really??? I never thought of her as being that pridefull that she'd sacrifice her security over using the resources surrounding her (meaning the people that can help). I did find the scene between her and Angela touching though. As well as the scene between Cam and Hodgins. How cute was Hodgins getting in what he wanted to say in between the forensic facts?

I love seeing 'Tony' and 'Roxy' (much better than Buck and Wanda...lol) They are always fun characters for them.

The retreat scenes were fun too. I got a couple giggles out of them. Kinda funky to take your mistress to a marriage retreat instead of the wife, but ok...lol

I thought it was a good episode. Just can't wait for the wedding!!!
word count: 314

HanaTheAwesomeOne
Fan

Re: Bones 9.02- The Cheat in the Retreat

Post by HanaTheAwesomeOne »

Yeah I liked this episode too, Pretty Funny.
I might be weird but I like when Hodgin's wears those jumpsuits and how EXCITED he gets while "Dumpster Diving" for evidence lol.
Yeah I love how Hodgins was slipping in advice to Cam as he was giving her his findings, like only Hodgins can; D haha.
Even after all these years I'm still blown away by how TJ can say all those Scientific Lines so smoothly.

Okay that's my two cents of this episode lol.
word count: 87

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

I thought this episode was fun! Of course we start off the episode with Hodgins getting something disgusting dropped on his face and loving it, LOL! Also, is it only me or isn't it adorable when Booth calls Hodgins "bug boy"?!! Booth/Hodgins scenes always make me smile. Next we have Tony and Roxy! I love when they go undercover and act like total goofballs! The couples going through the obstacle course made me laugh out loud. :D And then, we have the cute older couple who happen to be murderers. I'm a fan of John Ratzenberger and it was fun to see him guest starring on Bones.

On a more serious side, Cam's identity theft and Arastoo's unwavering support was nice to see. They're such a good couple and I hope to see more of their relationship this season. I also enjoyed Hodgins' persistence in trying to help Cam even though she resisted taking any advise or help from anyone. The scene between Angela and Cam was very touching and I admit that it really made me feel for her. I've been a victim of identity theft several times myself and I also deal with it in my job when patients have their identity stolen, so I know how badly it can affect you.

I'm not really sure where the writers are going with Sweets' story and I'm not sure I understand why he is considering taking some time away, but I guess the whole Pelant thing got to him more than anyone realized.
word count: 262
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

First off I need to make an administration kind of comment here. Can everyone please refrain from putting spoilers for future events into their episode reviews. I realize that certain things have been pretty much put out in the open but there are actually people that do not know about it because they avoid that sort of thing. I love that you all are doing reviews though, but I just want everyone to feel they can actually read and participate in a thread without having things from later episodes revealed. :)

Okay, on to my review, I liked this episode better than the last one. I do like Tony and Roxy, and thought the obstacle course was funny. But I didn't understand why they just revealed themselves with no sort of evidence that it was the murder scene. Not really a Brennan sort of thing to do.

I liked that there seemed to be a pretty good balance of the team as well. I loved the scene with Hodgins and Cam, and all that science talk that Hodgins said SO FAST while sticking in comments about the identity theft. I don't know why they had Hodgins mention losing all his money, because we've not been given any indication that it bothered him at all other than the episode it occurred in. :/ I loved that Angela helped and the scene with her and Cam, I thought it was done very well. I always love Arastoo. My favorite intern. :D

Sweets needs time. Interesting.
word count: 253
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Let me first say PEJ looked so hot in his first scene in the car with Cam!!! OMG he is just hot! I haven't seen season 8 yet so I didn't know that Cam and Arastoo are a couple. But I really like them together. They are sweet! :-)
Sharon, that talk you are referring to I liked that very much, too. And I noticed again that TJ's eyes are incredible!
The retreat scenes where fun! I liked Tony and Roxy. The suit Booth had to wear was hilarious. I didn't understand either why they where telling who they are without investigating that possible murder scene at first but maybe they where at a place in this investigation where they just need more information about what was going on in the retreat when the vic was there.
I hope you understand what I mean. It's difficult for me doing this in English!
I like that the colleagues stick together and help eachother. I don't think that whould be happening at my current work place. That's a rare thing!

...and Booth is not taking off his red slippers...Interesting! ;-)

So this is me keeping my promise to post about S9. Had a day off today and time to search for and watch this ep. to post about it. Don't know when I'll have the chance to keep up with S8 and watch other eps of S9 but I'm gonna do my best!
word count: 250
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.