Bones 9.03 El Carnicero en el Coche

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
skftex
TJ Team Validator

Bones 9.03 El Carnicero en el Coche

Post by skftex »

Okay I'm surprised that no one has commented on this one yet. But I have to say, for the most part I really loved it. I think it had the feel of an early episode of Bones, and not just because of the gang connection. I think they made the case very important, and then worked in things going on with the team around that very well.

I even liked Sweets in this episode! HAHAHA That is now TWO episodes I liked him in. I do understand that he doesn't feel he is being a psychologist doing the job he is doing, even though he is supposed to be a profiler, we rarely really see him doing a lot of that except in the Pelant storyline. I liked how he wanted to be really involved with the case and not just doing Booths work for him. I did think the scene where Sweets wanted to go into the interrogation room alone and Booth said it was his room a bit odd, since we've actually seen Sweets in there without Booth many other times. Why was Booth so possessive about it this time?

Hodgins on the crane thing cracked me up. Smashing the goods. HAHAHAHA Also I loved the line "I'm not an expert. On everything." and the way TJ delivered the line it was just so cute. Also it was funny to me when Cam and Brennan are walking through the lab and in the background you see Hodgins being lowered into the car again. That scene in general was shot in a very interesting way, sort of different from the way they usually shoot walking scenes. It was cool.

I also thought the whole thing with the Javier being the murderer was really interesting, and even though we didn't care about the victim so much we did care a lot about who did it and why once it was revealed. The whole team once again had parts to play in the solving of the case and the scene with Sweets at the end where he is still going to take his leave was good. Because if he felt he needed to do that I didn't think one case would suddenly make things better, so I think that was a bit of consistency that sometimes Bones lacks.

Honestly I liked this episode better than anything in Season 8. :) Hodgins still needs a good storyline but still I think this is a positive trend.
Last edited by skftex on Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total. word count: 419
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Re: Bones 9.03 El Carnicero en el Coche

Post by skftex »

So I asked TJ if it was really him in the harness the whole episode and his reply was so funny I asked for permission to post it and he said he doesn't mind at all so here is what he said about being in the harness:

"Haha yes it was me the whole time. It was tons of fun. Though I had to have the plate sewn into the suit I was in so I couldn't lift my head.I was on an angle so the blood was rushing to my head. So after being up there for 6 hours I was starting to get really light headed. Plus the hard wire was rubbing back and forth into my inner thigh which ultimate had me limping for 2 days, plus I couldn't pee and had to the whole time. But other then all that hahahahaha."

Then I also mentioned that I loved the "I'm not an expert. On everything." line and how I love how the little things he does with lines like that just make the scene so great and he said this about it:

"Ha! I added that line! The script had "I'm not an expert but doesn't that mean..." And I thought "wait, that couldn't be further from the truth I'm totally an expert!" So I just threw that "on everything" out there. So happy you liked that that's a nice compliment and I'm happy it made it in! I never know what they will keep :0)
word count: 261
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

Hahaha!! Thanks for sharing your conversation with TJ with us! It's cool to hear some of the behind the scenes stuff from him. :) I did watch this episode and I will post about it later. I've been super busy trying to catch up from being away from home for a week. :)
word count: 53
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

I had to look up the title to see what it meant in English and it translates to The Butcher in the Car. I probably should’ve been able to translate it myself but it’s been a long time since I was in Spanish class. LOL

I liked this episode a lot. The banter between Brennan and Hodgins at the beginning had me laughing as they both kept “compromising evidence” by touching the disintegrating car. “I couldn’t have forseen that.” “Yeah, you could’ve.” HAHAHAHA!! I like how Hodgins was pretty much the comic relief for an otherwise serious episode. He spent practically the whole episode as Peter Pan in the flying harness and some of my favorite lines were his comments about “smooshing the goods” and how he would like to have more kids in the future. :laughing-rolling:

The story of the murder was sad because it showed just how far someone can get immersed in the gang life to where nothing and nobody (even family) is more important than being part of the gang. The scene in the interrogation room with the mother and son was hard for me to watch. It was horrible when she attacked the little boy, verbally AND physically, after finding out that he was the one who committed the murder to protect her. It’s scary how the mother’s loyalty to the gang was greater than the love for her own son. It surprised me that he was the murderer but I liked how it didn’t turn out to be the typical bad guy who committed the crime.

I know that there are always disgusting bodies in Bones, but I have to say that the decapitated head of the informant was one of the worst things I’ve seen on the show in a while. It was just horrendous seeing and hearing the scene when Cam removed the scalp and face from the skull. YUCK!!!! :shock:

In the end, I really liked the Avengers reference made by Hodgins in the Founding Fathers. The team is truly like a group of super heroes, all with their own special skills and expertise, solving crime and fighting the villains in the world. :character-megaman: :-D
word count: 368
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

I liked the beginning! So funny! Great to see Hodgins in the field more and not always in the lab! The line from Cam to Hodgins "You couldn't know how fragile everything is" and Brennan said "Actually he could" And then seconds later Brennan broke something and Hodgins said that to Brennan. That cracked me up! :laughing-rolling:
The scenes with Hodgins on the crane where funny, too. Can imagine this was fun for TJ! :smile:
As I still haven't seen most of S8 I don't know much about the Pelant-storyline. So I don't know much about what Sweets did back then. Maybe that's why he annoyed me a bit in this episode. I really have to watch S8!
I didn't understand how this dead gang member got in the car and who burned it. The boy killed him but didn't do the rest, right? :-?
The "Avengers" line was funny! TJ had the best lines in this ep!
No more thoughts here.
word count: 167

aurelie
Fan

Post by aurelie »

j'adore cette épisode comme tout les épisodes d'ailleurs, Pelant est toujours aussi dangereux et il n'y a qu'un seul moyen de l'arrêter j'ai hâte de voir le 4éme épisode vu que en france la saison 9 viens de commencer.
word count: 48

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hi Aurélie!
Season 9 begins for the UK tonight! Can't wait!
Great to see you posting. :)
word count: 18
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

HanaTheAwesomeOne
Fan

Post by HanaTheAwesomeOne »

Okey Dokey so I was ment to post about this on Friday since this is the latest ep that played here in NZ :smile: lol.

Anyway its only going to be very short:
First of all its kinda weird watching it on tv with ads since I've already seen it online with no ads LOL.

But yes I still Love this ep. I Love how it did remind me a lot of the early Seasons like Mama Sharon said, how they focused on the case but everything else with the characters was like a.... side dish? Yeah I'll go with that lol.
TJ flying around like 'Peter Pan' was so good & Hodgins little one liners had me Krackin up so bad lol.

The Kid who played Javier was so Good♥

No matter how many times I watch this it always ends in me wanting to punch the mum in the Face like uhhh lol.

Dean always writes Amazing episodes :)

That's me for this ep lol. :banana-dance:

word count: 169

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

HanaTheAwesomeOne wrote:
TJ flying around like 'Peter Pan' was so good & Hodgins little one liners had me Krackin up so bad lol.
LOL - Good comparison, Hana! :smile: TJ must have had a lot of fun doing this! ...and he even gets paid for it! I envy him!

Oh and yeah, the poor kid! Felt sorry for him!
word count: 56
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.