Missing reviews!

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Missing reviews!

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hello everyone,
In my quest to sort out and review material I should have done long ago I have noticed some gaps (not to mention some wrongly numbered eps, most of which were my fault)!
We have commented on the whole of seasons 3, 4, 5 and 8 & nearly all of 6 (can't find 6.05 and 6.08, correct me if I am wrong). If you think we are missing 3.11 it is confusingly listed as 2.19, the notorious Player Under Pressure that got moved to S3 - that said, the real 2.19, Spaceman In a Crater, doesn't seem to be here. S1 has massive gaps, S2 has only 3 reviews despite its development of the Angela/Hodgins relationship (both pretty much my favourite seasons) and, surprisingly, there are 6 missing from S7 - almost half, as it was such a short season. I know it's impossible to expect people to write reviews all the time, especially as we are currently concentrated on S9, and I am very impressed with what we have already achieved, but I am going to make an effort to remedy omissions when I can. Maybe members who haven't seen recent seasons could have a go too?
I'm also promising to have a look at previous Bones-themed threads and see whether I can revive any. This forum could do with a makeover and it should be one of our main ones, given that it's where TJ is mostly committed atm. Contributions welcome!
word count: 255
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Re: Missing reviews!

Post by skftex »

Steph, I know this has been posted for a while but I was thinking I need to go back and do this as well, comment on older episodes, or at least those that I didn't say something about in the beginning. Right now I'm watching two other shows (AGAIN) on DVD but once I get through those I will start with Bones I think and TRY to do this as well. :D
word count: 73
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

What shows are you watching, Sharon?

I'd like to try to do this as well. I just need to sort out my new schedule. It's been a bit bizarre working from home. It's wonderful but it also means I need to create more of a set schedule because otherwise my work bleeds into all hours of the day and evening and I haven't done much else.
word count: 70
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Sherry, I'm watching Scarecrow and Mrs. King and Babylon 5. It is a Bruce Boxleitner time of year I guess! LOL I'm almost finished with SMK, I'm into season 4 (final season) and just started season 3 of B5. So maybe when I finish with SMK I'll start Bones. :)
word count: 53
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

I'm in my Gilmore Girls phase at the moment. But I wanna re-watch S7 of Bones and try to comment! :scared-shocked: :sci-fi-beamup:
word count: 22
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

I need to go back and re-watch some of the older Bones episodes too. They've been re-running Season 3 here during my lunch break so I'll try to add my thoughts to the site when I can. I like seeing Angela and Hodgins when they were still new in their relationship. :)
word count: 55
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

HanaTheAwesomeOne
Fan

Post by HanaTheAwesomeOne »

I've realised as I've been watching my S2 DVD and have been wanting to post about it there's a lot of S2 Missing in the Threads....

My Fav Season lol.

word count: 33

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Yep. Last count I made it 13 missing. But you have now done 1 of the missing ones I think, Hana! For info, these were missing in addition: The Titan On The Tracks, The Mother & Child In The Bay, The Girl In Suite 2103, The Woman In The Sand, Judas On A Pole, The Man In The Cell, The Bodies In The Book, The Boneless Bride In The River, The Priest In The Churchyard, The Killer In The Concrete, The Glowing Bones In The Old Stone House and Stargazer In A Puddle. A couple may have been caught up since, but a lot are still without comment ...You go girl!
word count: 110

HanaTheAwesomeOne
Fan

Post by HanaTheAwesomeOne »

HAHA! Yeah I done one lol. When I get Home I will do alot more of S2 since I'm on Holiday
From Uni and I'm only working a few days lol. HAHAHHAHA I Might end up doing ALL The missing ones on S2 ;) HAHA.

I was ment to do more when I was sick but I forgot the names LOL.
word count: 62

maggimaemellon
Fan

Post by maggimaemellon »

Hello. I am currently rewatching all of bones (for the 4th time, I'm sure I'm not the only one!! Lol) and I think that Hodgins is an underdog because of his personality. At first when bones started out, Hodgins role was sort of mean. Stick'n it everybody. Getting mad a lot. BUT as the seasons go by you watch him change into who he was meant to be and its because of his love for Angela! Its just such a heart warming, underlining story of them!! At least thats what I think! :)
MMM
word count: 96

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

As a new age of rewatches dawns upon us I am delighted to report that there are now only 27 eps out of a total of 229 without a thread! You are good! S10 is now the season with most gaps - 8, though S11 may catch up if we don't give it some TLC. At the time of writing (now April 6th 2016, as I am updating this list frequently), threads that need creating (though obviously you can add to episodes already out there) are as follows:

Season 1: Ep 22
Season 2: Eps 11, 12, 15, 16
Season 6: Eps 5, 8
Season 7: Eps 3, 4, 8, 9, 10, 11
Season 10: Eps 9, 11, 12, 13, 16, 18, 20, 21
Season 11: Eps 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9

Do join in and feel free to comment on anything. You can review episodes that need new threads or try for an organised marathon like Sharon and Sherry, or simply do a review in a topic to which you have not contributed previously.

I suppose when I have finished filling in the delightful S2 gaps I will have to address my lack of contribution to S9. I did watch it, and quite liked some individual episodes, but the Pelant intrusion at the start and then the perplexing Ghost Killer arc so irritated me that I didn't feel like reviewing. That's the season which plunged me into confusion, and they only held onto me to the finale out of loyalty to TJ. I can't work out whether I was puzzled and so gave up trying to follow it or missed a few eps and so became puzzled!! :-?

I'm thinking it might be fun to form a group to review some of TJ's other work..
word count: 301

emi13
Fan

Post by emi13 »

I'll try to do a review of some of the season 7 episodes since I've seen them a lot of times! I'll look and see which ones still haven't been done. :)
word count: 35
Dr. Jack Hodgins: Up and forward are only two directions. Science should look in all directions.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Update for you all! There are now only 26 eps out of a total of 246 without a thread! Well done. Especially to Sharon & Sherry for their magnificent work on S12. S10 is still the season with most gaps. Here, once again, are the threads that need creating (though obviously you can add to episodes already out there):

Season 1: Ep 22
Season 2: Eps 11, 12, 15, 16
Season 6: Eps 5, 8
Season 7: Eps 3, 4, 8, 9, 10, 11
Season 10: Eps 9, 11, 12, 13, 16, 18, 20, 21
Season 11: Eps 3, 6, 7, 8, 9

Come in your hordes and feel free to comment on anything. You can review episodes that need new threads or try for an organised marathon, or simply do a review in a thread to which you have not contributed previously. I am guilty of not contributing to some of the earlier seasons, and will endeavour to amend this in the near future.

I guess after this is over and we have the whole of Bones history done we should turn our attention to TJ's other work..another huge undertaking!
word count: 192

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Thanks for the updated list, Steph! Very helpful! :D
word count: 8

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

I try to watch/re-watch some and write something about it. Thanks for the update! :romance-smileyheart:
word count: 16
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I was really bad about season 11 so I was determined I'd make myself write about Season 12 and tried to do it as soon after I saw the episode as I could! I'll be getting to S1 EP 22 pretty soon too! Have to admit I thought I did that one but it isn't here so guess not!
word count: 62