Bones 9.08 The Dude in the Dam

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
omelette73
Super Fan

Bones 9.08 The Dude in the Dam

Post by omelette73 »

I'm sorry, I don’t really know what to say here, but I guess I'm still not over the growing fly in Hodgins' neck... I mean... what the hell! LOL

It was the most disgusting and yet cool thing I ever saw in the show!
word count: 47

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: Bones 9.08 The Dude in the Dam

Post by stargazer »

HAHAHAHA!! I have to agree that this was a gross episode. Between the bot fly in Hodgins' neck, the mating habits of the slugs and the victim who boosted his male ego by fathering a ton of kids, they all gave my gag reflex a workout. LOL!

The beginning was funny with "nature's glue" on the bones, and I literally laughed out loud when Wendell called the author Tess Brown a bitch. :laughing-rolling: The thing that bothered me about the case was the fact that the victim knew which kids were his that he fathered through the sperm bank. I've never had personal experience, but I thought that that kind of information was kept private between the donor and the recipients. But, of course he was sleeping with the director of the sperm bank, so I guess it's possible that he could've gotten that information from her.

It was nice to see a part of Brennan's author life on the show. It's been a while since it was even addressed that she's a best selling author. They never even hint that she's been writing in her free time. I actually enjoyed the few episodes that were dedicated to her writing, like The Bodies in the Book from season 2 and the cheesy episode where they made one of her books into a movie. Haha!

Some of my favorite lines:
Angela - "You've been letting a fly grown in your neck for the last month??!!" Jack - "Yeah" *giggle* (TJ's giggle is awesome!) :D

Jack - "What can I say, I'm a romantic." (he definitely is!)

Angela - "I love you but I just want to love you from afar right now."

Angela - "My love for you is stronger than my gag reflex."
word count: 297
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

HAHAHAHAHAHA I loved all the fly in the neck scenes in this one. And I liked the body in the dam that was pretty cool looking. I have to admit, I thought the way Hodgins was acting about the fly then the way everyone reacted to it was so funny that I didn't even think about gagging. The idea of it and seeing it in the Halloween video did freak me out but that was without all the funny lines going with it. I like that he named it Jefferson. :D And then he is so excited about giving birth. I also loved the "what can I say, I'm a romantic" And I liked how Brennan just accepted it without thinking Hodgins was odd. :D I think I could watch this one again. :D
word count: 133
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

Ooooh who will believe me here...?! I LOVED this episode so much!!! By far one of my favorite!!! ^_^

The scenes with the fly in the neck were all so great :) I found it very cute the way Hodgins cared about this little thing growing thanks to him ^_^
All along the episode I was worrying about the team may miss the birth with the case hahahaha I was very happy to see that Angela was with Hodgins for this very special event.
And oh Jefferson, what a lovely idea!!!! Hahaha
Hahahaha ah yes Sharon, you are so right, "what can I say, I'm a romantic" will stay one of my favorite quotes ^_^
Because of this I didn't really follow the case hahahaha for once ^_^

Véro
Last edited by cutenebula on Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 127
The waffle conspiracy...

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I'll pay attention to it when I get it, it sounds great!
Though by my calculations that won't be till March 19th at least... :evil:
word count: 26
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro