Bones 9.18 The Carrot in the Kudzu

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
skftex
TJ Team Validator

Bones 9.18 The Carrot in the Kudzu

Post by skftex »

Brennan never having a birthday party surprises me. I realize they were trying to hide but still Brennan went to school, and maybe had a few friends? They didn't know her real name. I wonder if we'll ever get to find out the reason her parents were criminals-since it was brought up again this episode. By the way, I never had a birthday party as a kid either. :occasion-partyblower: Haven't had a lot of them as an adult. I did have a few as an adult & they were okay but I can't say I wish I had one every year. LOL I also did get gifts for my birthday, we just never could really afford to have parties. :) Anyway, I don't think that has scarred me for life or anything, or really bothers me at all. Parties aren't for everyone and Brennan doesn't seem to be too worried about it until Booth keeps going on and on about it.

Okay, that was a cool dead body. The kudzu growing still, and Hodgins was so excited when it was happening, compared to the gross faces of Cam and Clark.

I loved the scene with Hodgins going to Angela and telling her he found "duck poo, pig bristles and goat hair" and she said "Why do you get to have all the fun?" HAHAHAHAHA Plus when Angela is doing the thing with the credit cards and Hodgins says "I'm married to Big Brother!"

So, carrots and asparagus are phallic symbols & get women excited, and I thought they were just nasty tasting vegetables. Not sure I want to even THINK about what that says about me. :icon-rolleyes: :eusa-whistle:

Clark's book sounds horrible, why would anyone publish it? Lots of death and dead in that one sentence! LOL I :romance-smileyheart: Hodgins face when they are all telling Clark how great the book was at the end, PRICELESS! :laughing-rolling:
word count: 319
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

omelette73
Super Fan

Re: Bones 9.18 The Carrot in the Kudzu

Post by omelette73 »

skftex wrote:Brennan never having a birthday party surprises me. I realize they
So, carrots and asparagus are phallic symbols & get women excited, and I thought they were just nasty tasting vegetables. Not sure I want to even THINK about what that says about me. :icon-rolleyes:
:-P This made me laughs, and I needed it!

Well...the episode... the body covered in kuzu was pretty cool, and I liked the final scene too, it was somehow dorky, but cute.
But the episode in general was a big epic fail to me, I'm sorry!
It really, really annoys me when they mess up with the continuity of the show like that.
Brennan not having a birthday party it was just ridiculous, they told us she had a normal childhood until she was 15, and periodically they change the cards on the table just like that.
I mean, there are birthday party and BIRTHDAY PARTY, you don't need to pay someone to entertain the child, you can also do something in your home, with ... I don't know, just your daughter's classmates, but nope...too easy...they just had to invent that Brennan never had a normal birthday party.
They did the same in the episode with the charming doll, suddenly she never played with a doll when she was a child, and she is afraid not to know how to play with her daughter. I really don't get why the are so sloppy with certain storyline, completely ignoring 9 years of show.
Plus I hate when they portrait Brennan like she is dumb or something, it's been almost 200 episodes, and she seriously can't understand you can't burst out with a "your brother is dead," like it doesn't mean anything?
One episode she is this super sensitive person, who understands everything and everyone around her, the next one she is totally clueless. I don't get.
Even the conversation with Max was meaningless to me, the all:
"Well, your mother and I we never intended to live outside the law."
"I don't understand, then why did you?"
"I can't tell you why."
I can't tell you why? seriously? What's that? The sloppiest resource ever? you say you can't tell why, so you don't have to explain anything... because there is nothing to explain.

Then yeah, there were cute scenes with Hodgins and Angela and Cam and Clark, but I was so mad at everything that I didn't like the episode.
I mean, how can be possible that I remember what the show did in 9 years (and I'm just a fan), and there isn't someone who can check the continuity when they write an episode?
word count: 459

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: Bones 9.18 The Carrot in the Kudzu

Post by stargazer »

I didn't think this episode was all that bad. I do feel bad for Brennan and Sweets and everyone else who never really had birthday parties as a kid. I had parties, but it usually only consisted of some of my family coming over for homemade cake and ice cream, and a few presents. They were nothing like some of the parties that I've seen other parents throw, with elaborate themes and a bunch of money just spent on decorations and entertainment. That just seems exhausting to me. LOL! I do think that even though Brennan's family was on the run, her parents could still have thrown a small celebration with just their family, so that the kids didn't feel like they were missing out. Another thing that bothered me is why is the birthday thing just now an issue? Christine is definitely older than one, so did she not have parties for her first couple birthdays??

I thought it was funny when Hodgins was SOOOO confident about being able to remove the skull from the kudzu that he was making small talk, and then he ended up breaking it into pieces! HAHAHA!! Poor guy!! I also liked one of the last scenes when they were supposed to tell Clark about his book, and Hodgins was stuttering and his voice got high-pitched. All of their faces just cracked me up!! :laughing-rolling: You could tell in some of the previous scenes by the looks on Hodgins' and Cam's faces that they knew they were going to hate Clark's book before they even started it. From the way it sounded, the book was horrible and I'm surprised that it was even published!

So, it bothered me a little that Michael Vincent and Christine seemed to grow so much between this episode and the last one they were in, during B&B's honeymoon. It wasn't that long ago, but the kids seemed to have grown a couple years in age at least!!

One last thing...it made me sad to hear Booth talk about how Pops taught him to play the harmonica. I hope they work the actor's death into the story at some point, because Pops was a such an important part of Booth's life in the early seasons of the show.
word count: 391
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell