Bones 9.19 The Turn in the Urn

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
skftex
TJ Team Validator

Bones 9.19 The Turn in the Urn

Post by skftex »

I'll come back and comment, starting this so Bianca can comment. :)

Okay a few things really quickly. I felt sorry for Finn. :( Poor guy. I'm not surprised though because Cam was right, Michelle is young.

Hodgins stole the tube from Archie Bunker's TV set. HAHA I loved that scene because it was so very MAD SCIENTIST Hodgins.

Brennan saying "That is how I tasted my first tarantula" is disturbing because it means she has had them since...ewwwwwwwwwwwww.
Last edited by skftex on Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 81
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

missbee193
Fan

Re: Bones 9.19 The Turn in the Urn

Post by missbee193 »

Thank you so much! :D

Lots of TJ and Hodgins in this ep but my favourite line was definitely "I think Angie is going to have trouble doing the facial reconstruction." xD So typically Hodgins! Love it!

I also loved Hodgins playing with one of his toys and not even thinking about stealing something from a very popular exhibit at the Jeffersonian to make it! He wouldn't be king of the lab without those other exhibitions, I'm telling you!

I love Hodgins and Finn calling each other Thurston and Opie too. That's pretty cute. If you remember their first ever episode together they've come so far! They basically hated each other and now they've got a successful hot sauce venture together!

One thing I'll say - we just needed more Angela and Michael Vincent and it would've been a perfect TJ ep. I'm hoping there's an ep centred around either Hodgins or Angela so we get more Hodgela scenes and possibly one with them at home so we get to see Michael Vincent! He was sooo big at Christine's party and he must be at least 7 or 8. I want to hear him talk about bugs with his dad. That would be the cutest! Also Hodgins' brother needs to make a bit of a comeback this season. Hopefully!

Anyway - great ep! I also loved all the Flyers references (and I bet David loved them!) and Booth holding the chalice like it was the Stanley Cup at the end was funny. :D
word count: 259
Hodgins (to Brennan): What you have is faith, baby. (Brennan laughs) Sorry, the "baby" thing is a reflex...

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I'm really fine not seeing the kids, I really don't think they add much to the show but I think a lot of people LOVE them. Though I don't think it is possible for Michael Vincent to be 7 or 8! LOL I hope they didn't use a kid that old!
word count: 55
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

missbee193
Fan

Post by missbee193 »

Maybe it's just because kindergarten kids are really small these days but he looked at least 5 or 6! They seem to have jumped about 2 or 3 years with Christine so he would have to be about 2 years older than her. Ugh, so confusing! Probably better if they are in it less, it's too much for me to get my head around lol.
word count: 67
Hodgins (to Brennan): What you have is faith, baby. (Brennan laughs) Sorry, the "baby" thing is a reflex...

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

I enjoyed this episode. :) I thought that the case was very interesting, between the mysterious body in the safe room, the ancient artifact and the diamond nail polish. I have to admit that I knew pretty early on that the girlfriend had something to do with it.

The breakup between Finn and Michelle was sad, and I really felt for them both in that scene. It was also touching when Brennan asked Finn if he had wept yet. Although she still had a very scientific explanation for asking, it showed how much she really cares for her employees deep down.

There were lots of good TJ scenes in this one, but my favorites were between Hodgins and Finn. I love when they call each other "Opie" and "Thurston". :D The experiment using Archie Bunker's old TV was typical Hodgins and awesome as usual. LOL!
word count: 144
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell