Bones 9.21 The Cold in the Case

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Bones 9.21 The Cold in the Case

Post by stargazer »

I had to rewatch this one because I was too distracted with the cast tweeting the whole time when it originally aired here on the east coast. TJ was definitely King of the Tweet last night! LOL! It was fun watching the cast interact with everyone. :)

The case was very interesting from the beginning just because it was such a mystery to everyone as to how the body could have possibly decomposed in different stages and that there were pieces of scavengers left behind. Very cool! It was pretty easy to figure out who was guilty since the pool of suspects was so small. How creepy was that guy when he was sawing into that frozen patient??!! Yuck!!

I really love Cam and Arastoo together, so I was sad to see Cam acting so cold to him in the lab and calling him "Mr. Viziri" in front of everyone, even if she was mad at him. It was awkward not only between them but for everyone else too. And talk about awkward, that dinner with Arastoo's parents was brutal! I can understand that he would be defensive around them since they were the reason his brother and the brother's girlfriend broke up, but I did feel during that scene that he was overreacting by jumping to the conclusion that they were disapproving of his relationship, without anything really negative ever being spoken. It was great to see Shoreh Aghdashloo in this episode. I had to look up what else she had been in because I couldn't immediately bring anything to mind, but I knew I had heard her unique voice before. She's a perfect choice for Arastoo's mom!

I have to say that I enjoyed seeing Pej without a shirt at the beginning, and Cam was just adorable wearing one of his shirts at the end! Hehehe!! :smile: :romance-smileyheart:

My favorite lines were from Hodgins (of course). He always gets the best lines!

"I've moved on so I wouldn't feel stupid." Hodgins is a lot of things, but stupid isn't one of them! :)
"That's what I said until Angela's dad knocked me out and tattooed me." Ahhh, memories! LOL!
"Revolting, it's totally revolting!" Nice try...Haha!!
"Unicorns seem dangerous, with the horn and everything." HAHA! Something new about Hodgins, aversion to unicorns. LOL! :laughing-rolling:
word count: 392
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Re: Bones 9.21 The Cold in the Case

Post by skftex »

Ah I forgot to post on this one! I should have done it right after I saw it because I don't remember a lot of it!

It was an okay episode as far as I remember. I do like Arastoo/Pej Vahdat so always happy to see him, even though it seemed he was very defensive at the dinner! Seemed like normal parent type questions to me!

I thought the tongues and parts of scavengers being stuck to the frozen part of the body was funny. I am not sure I should think that is funny but the idea of a body with tongues all over it makes me laugh.

Of course I loved Hodgins and the whole thing about unicorns being dangerous. :laughing-rolling:

I noticed when they had Hodgins mention Angela's dad tattooing him a lot of fans on twitter asked him about it happening again. I honestly hope not, I hate it when they try to run a gag into the ground. Once was bad enough, twice just dumb, three times and it is like shooting a dead horse.

Anyway that is all I remember about this one. There wasn't anything I really felt the need to ask TJ about in this one so I have nothing to add from him. :-P

Sharon
word count: 216
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

missbee193
Fan

Re: Bones 9.21 The Cold in the Case

Post by missbee193 »

This episode was great! Hodgins raving on about unicorns being bad was so funny! And I think TJ was right when he said on twitter that he was running out of skin for Angela's dad to tattoo! The tattoo of her dad is quite enough I think.

I'm glad that Arastoo's parents were happy about him being with Cam in the end! They do make a good couple, despite them being so different they really do.

Another good episode for Hodgins moments too. :D Bring on the new ep tomorrow!!
word count: 92
Hodgins (to Brennan): What you have is faith, baby. (Brennan laughs) Sorry, the "baby" thing is a reflex...