Bones 2.17 The Priest in the Churchyard

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Bones 2.17 The Priest in the Churchyard

Post by TJ4ever »

New topic - so exciting! :-)

I re-watched this ep because I somehow miss the "old" B&B interaction! It was so funny at the beginning. I LOVE S2, btw., and I remember we talked about this ep. Don't know why no one wrote a review!? :eusa-think: I remember us talking about the A&H-scene in the Egyptian Department! ;-)

Well, as I said, I really like the interaction between B&B in the early seasons. It's not the same anymore in the newer eps. That's why I started to watch BONES at the beginning. Switched fast to Hodgins and really liked the storyline between Angela&Hodgins. Maybe that's why I continued to watch BONES!

Well, the case: At the beginning in the cemetery I didn't notice some disrespect from Brennan. Maybe someone can enlighten me? ;-)

Later in the lab - B&B at it's best!
Brennan: Can't you just be satisfied that if I'm wrong about God, I'll burn in hell?
Booth: That's tempting!

Funny, too, that Zack tried to ignore the discussion between B&B and wants to get back to work! We didn't see him later in the ep anymore. Guess they didn't need him no longer to focus and solve the case?!

I like Brennan always being so straight forward. I wish sometimes I could be like this. Like when they were back to talk to the older Priest and Brennan had a discussion with him again.
Booth: Knock it off!
Brennan: What, the rules don't apply to him?

I also like in this ep that Angela knows why Brennan didn't take off with Sully. When she asks Booth: Trouble in paradise?
Brennan, of course, wouldn't admit it and they even went to see Dr. Wyatt to solve the issue! (Issue - funny - he used that word often in this ep, too!) Stephen Fry - so funny! I think B&B should have got together earlier and under different circumstances than they have later. Always imagined it much more romantic than it actual happend!

The A&H storyline - so romantic! Hodgins ask her to move in with him and she is not sure. I know what she meant when she said: I need my own place! I somehow do, too. Well, no one ever ask me to move in with him, but I would find the thought scary, too. To be honest I think I wouldn't be capable to move in with someone anymore. I lived too long alone. And I really need my place. :-) But, ok, when someone like Hodgins replied to me: I need you! - Maybe that would change my mind?!? This scene was so sweet! Guess when it's the right one you can overcome your fears!
Funny, too, that Cam always walked in on them when they were kissing! Did I mention that I love S2?!

Back to the case. Very few suspects for me. I had the woman in mind when I saw her. But the case wasn't so important for me in this ep!

All together I really like this episode! Would watch it again!

I know my comments are always a bit confusing. But as you who read this watched the ep you know what I mean - I hope. I also know that my comments are confusing not helpful for someone who hasn't watched this ep. Not a good writer - but I try!

:romance-smileyheart: :greetings-cya:
word count: 577
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

HanaTheAwesomeOne
Fan

Re: Bones 2.17 The Priest in the Churchyard

Post by HanaTheAwesomeOne »

So I'm watching this right now as I do my Research Paper (Well My Research Paper is sitting there HAHA).

S2 Is My Fav! :)

Yes! I Miss THIS B&B! The Snarky, Witty Comments were the BEST! I Love their interactions here&how they were always so Close Physically. Their Body Languaage always told another Story :)

I Seriously LOVE This Director especially the quick cuts during the scene with B&B in the Lab in the beginning. And I LOVE How he thinks about his WHOLE Frame. Okay Sorry My Nerd Sides coming out LOL.

Hahahaha YES!!! The Egyptiam Room. I Love How Cute Hosgins and Angela are together :)

HAHAHAHA And I Love How Angela tells Wyatt he's Full of Crap :) haha.
word count: 124

ohhelloarianna
Fan

Re: Bones 2.17 The Priest in the Churchyard

Post by ohhelloarianna »

ahhh, one of my fave episodes of all time! talk about the Egyptian room scene... ;) hodgela my babes!
word count: 18
"The thought of losing so much control over personal happiness is unbearable... Like wings, they have weight... but they are a burden that lifts us. Burdens which allow us to fly."- Dr. Jack Stanley Hodgins IV (The End in the Beginning)