Christopher Pelant

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
Sculder1013
Super Fan

Christopher Pelant

Post by Sculder1013 »

For anyone who has met this character...

OH MY GOOD LORD I HATE HIM!! haha! I am just currently re-watching Bones right from the Pilot and have watched 7 and a half seasons in the last 3 weeks (I have a broken ankle and am pretty much housebound so I have an excuse haha) - Andrew Leeds who plays Pelant did a smashing job I think - I really really REALLY dont like Pelant haha he is SO evil!! I had forgotten how much I hated him for what he did to our guys!

Anyone else share this absolute loathing with me? haha - Hodgins most certainly gets a thumbs up from me for the grave scene!
word count: 115

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: Christopher Pelant

Post by ThyneAlone »

Oh yes, we all share the loathing. However, you'll find that some of it is because we don't think he is a very well drawn character - not that the actor isn't good, just that the script doesn't convince that Pelant is evil. I personally haven't particularly liked the serial offenders since Epps; there is some sort of scriptwriting competition to make their murders as random and their 'clues' as abstruse and unbelievable as possible.
Don't get Sharon onto Pelant. This could be a sizeable thread!!
word count: 91
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

HAHAHA! Although I probably shouldn't mention it, I was one of the few people who actually liked Pelant, both the character and the actor, however I do admit that the storyline had holes it in. The writers definitely could have done a better job when it comes to his arc. :)
word count: 51
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

No no, we are tolerant here! You can mention it! I think Pelant was a good idea that got out of hand and became ridiculous scriptwise.
word count: 26

Sculder1013
Super Fan

Post by Sculder1013 »

I think it was just certain things that he did that had my blood boiling. I dont want to upset anyone with spoilers here so AVERT YOUR EYES IF YOU HAVENT SEEN THESE EPISODES!!!! .....

but I thought Pelant's death was a bit... MEH! if you get me...

It could have been a lot better I think. It seemed a bit too quick and random to me. But hey I have only seen it once I am re-watching as we speak and might change my mind the second time around haha
word count: 92

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

I completely agree with you there, his death was very anti-climactic. I thought it should've been much more exciting being that he was the "big-bad" for almost 2 seasons!
word count: 32
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

Sculder1013
Super Fan

Post by Sculder1013 »

stargazer wrote:I completely agree with you there, his death was very anti-climactic. I thought it should've been much more exciting being that he was the "big-bad" for almost 2 seasons!

Yeah that's exactly my point. I really enjoyed having him as a big bad although I think he could have had a few more episodes... but his death was very anti-climatic - and as harsh as this is and I may have to duck and cover here... I really wanted him to do something REALLY bad to one of the main characters. Seriously injure them or kill them or SOMETHING... just to add a little more drama to it.

*runs and hides from the wrath of the fans*

haha
word count: 124

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Also agree. He just kind of evaporated, died like a perfectly 'normal' small time perp. At least Epps swallow dived off a balcony.

Kill a main character, eh?
I can see we might not always get on, Emma! :violence-rapidfire:
word count: 38

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

I honestly expected for Sweets to be taken out by Pelant, but I'm not sure I could've handled any other cast member to leave the show.
word count: 28

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

stargazer wrote:I honestly expected for Sweets to be taken out by Pelant, but I'm not sure I could've handled any other cast member to leave the show.
Yeah Sharon was quite disappointed I think.
word count: 37

Sculder1013
Super Fan

Post by Sculder1013 »

haha yeah ok I guess maybe not KILL a main character but just something that would make us all be like AAAAAAAAARGH!!! :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Epps was good yeah I liked him - and his death caused Booth to go a little crazy for a while (shooting clowns etc haha) - and Broadsky... He killed my favourite Squintern!!!!! :(

Pelant was great but just could have ended better!
word count: 62

MariaDiaper
Fan

Post by MariaDiaper »

I am really miffed off that we don't find out why he has such a deep hatred for the FBI. I know he didn't like the fact that the FBI covered up crimes from their own officers, but surely there is a deeper meaning than that?

Also was very surprised that Brennan was yelling at Booth to shoot him - it seemed very out of character to me.
word count: 69
Met TJ on 12/07/2014 at London Film & Comic Con.

Sculder1013
Super Fan

Post by Sculder1013 »

MariaDiaper wrote:I am really miffed off that we don't find out why he has such a deep hatred for the FBI. I know he didn't like the fact that the FBI covered up crimes from their own officers, but surely there is a deeper meaning than that?

Also was very surprised that Brennan was yelling at Booth to shoot him - it seemed very out of character to me.
Yeah that's a fair point.. it didnt really tell us why he hated them so much.
word count: 88

MariaDiaper
Fan

Post by MariaDiaper »

I doubt he would have gone to that much trouble, with all the hacking etc. without having a deep personal reason for it. I felt they could have really explored his character more than they did.

I did love Epp's development though, I thought that was very well done. Especially his first episode, as I genuinely believed he was innocent!
word count: 61

Sculder1013
Super Fan

Post by Sculder1013 »

Yeah Epps was really clever I thought he was innocent too... it was very clever writing in that episode. Shame that Epps died so soon, he could have been even better had they given him more episodes.
word count: 37

MariaDiaper
Fan

Post by MariaDiaper »

I was upset he died too! He could have been a waaaaay better big-bad than Pelant.
word count: 17

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

ThyneAlone wrote:
stargazer wrote:I honestly expected for Sweets to be taken out by Pelant, but I'm not sure I could've handled any other cast member to leave the show.
I might have liked Pelant a little in that case. BAHAHAHAHA (though I don't like people losing their jobs I think JFD would be okay, he has all his writing and producing stuff to do)

I hated this character from the beginning. Because the stuff they claimed he could do was just ridiculous, and no one can ever convince me otherwise. It was a stupid, annoying plot line and no matter how weak the ending was I was happy because it was OVER!

The actor was fine by the way, I never blame an actor when I don't like a character...they didn't write the part, they do what they can do with it.
word count: 156
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sculder1013
Super Fan

Post by Sculder1013 »

skftex wrote:
ThyneAlone wrote:
I might have liked Pelant a little in that case. BAHAHAHAHA (though I don't like people losing their jobs I think JFD would be okay, he has all his writing and producing stuff to do)

I hated this character from the beginning. Because the stuff they claimed he could do was just ridiculous, and no one can ever convince me otherwise. It was a stupid, annoying plot line and no matter how weak the ending was I was happy because it was OVER!

The actor was fine by the way, I never blame an actor when I don't like a character...they didn't write the part, they do what they can do with it.
Am I sensing here that you dont like Sweets? HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE?! Sweets is awesome!! haha
word count: 176

MariaDiaper
Fan

Post by MariaDiaper »

I hated Sweets at the start too, but I finally accepted him when he moved in with Booth and Brennan, I felt like he had found his family. From then on, I really like him.
word count: 35