Bones 10.1 The Conspiracy in the Corpse

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
skftex
TJ Team Validator

Bones 10.1 The Conspiracy in the Corpse

Post by skftex »

Wellllllllllllllllllllllll, I'm shocked. And I know all of you will think the ending of this one makes me happy but oddly enough it doesn't! I can't believe they killed Sweets!! I know that JFD has so much else going on it was probably a mutual thing but sheesh that was a shocker.

So other than that, thought the episode was not that interesting. I knew Booth was going to be out by the first episode, just didn't realize it was going to be the first 5 minutes. No way Booth would be put into the general population, despite it being a conspiracy and them trying to kill him. I get they were trying to use that excuse but no way they have that much power that someone wouldn't question it. Oh and I don't like the new FBI guy so maybe that is why I am not celebrating Sweets going away. Bet twitter is full of people whining that they cut off the "sex" scene too soon because I did see a lot of people talking about a shirtless sex scene thinking they were going to get their long wished for scene. Me I'm happy they cut it off, I forwarded through it anyway. HAHAHAHA

Well that is all from me for now. DISCUSS people!!!
word count: 222
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

omelette73
Super Fan

Re: Bones 10.1 The Conspiracy in the Corpse

Post by omelette73 »

I'm in haze...I can't...I just can't...baby duck!!! Noooooooooooooo

I usually do not cry because of a TV show, but damn... this time, I just couldn't... I always liked Sweets, his quirkiness, his admiration for Booth, his way to put his nose where it didn't belong. I didn't see that coming AT ALL.

It's always a brave choice to kill a main character, but after 10 years, I admire the fact they find a way to bring new life to the show, I like the idea of a new character entering the dynamic of a group that solid. It's going to be fun, but I still have to recover from Sweets death.
I had all the indications during the episode, and yet I didn't see where they were going.
I read some comment about the fact that, comparing to VNM death, where Cam refused to perform his autopsy, this was too inaccurate: all I can say about it - and this is just my 2 cents - is that it is true, in some way...it is inaccurate. Probably there are plenty of protocols which impede a coroner to perform an examination on someone she knows, but I see the reason behind that decision, and I think it's more important than the accuracy. To them, to the team, it's like doing the same extreme sacrifice Sweets did, it's a way to pay tribute to him. They must give him justice, they are the best.

And the all conspiracy stuff... I'm really liking it. It's well written, I'm keeping track of aal the facts since the beginning of the Mcnamara-gate and everything make sense, they really did a good job. It's intricate, it's interesting, it make sense, which is not easy when the storyline is that complicated.

And how not to mention Hodgins? Finally they payed tribute to his conspiracy theorist side! He was right, and he saved the day - as he often did - which is kind of awesome, I have to admit.

Oh my... lots of things are going to be different now...I'm excited to see what in storage for us, but for now, let me just mourn baby duck death... :cry:
word count: 381

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

I think we are all in shock over Sweets' death, I know I am. I had figured that something like this would happen, but not on the first episode of the season! I liked Sweets as well, even if his presence wasn't necessary sometimes. I know going forward that the show will be changed, but I'm interested in how all of the characters will react and learn to deal with his death. :sad: I'm sure that Daisy will be a more central figure in the next couple episodes and I'm sure that the pregnancy and Sweets' death will have changed her. Hopefully, it will change her character for the better so that the fans will empathize with her and not be so annoyed with her. LOL

This conspiracy is definitely the most complicated they've had on the show, and I find myself struggling to keep everything straight sometimes, but I understand it for the most part. I will probably go back and watch the related episodes again. :) I also didn't expect Booth to be out of jail so quickly. I was thinking they would at least keep him locked up until the 2nd episode to keep things interesting, but the writers obviously found another way to do that. I'm not fond of the new Agent yet, but I guess there's still time. I think they tried to find an actor that looked similar to JFD and who could replace him in some ways, but there's never going to be another Sweets. :( The new agent seems fishy to me even when he was helping Booth and I'm still not sold that he's one of the good guys. Only time will tell...
omelette73 wrote: I had all the indications during the episode, and yet I didn't see where they were going.
After watching the episode a 2nd time, I agree with you Teresa. The hints were there, but I didn't catch them either. I thought it was ironic that Sweets tells Booth that he didn't think his life was that important compared to the recent events, when Booth realized that Daisy was pregnant. His life was very important to Booth and the rest of the team, not only professionally but personally. Also, when Brennan asks Sweets for his advice concerning Booth and she actually listens to him for once, instead of immediately dismissing it as pseudoscience. It was a sweet moment between the two. :)

There was not a lot of Hodgins in this episode but that was expected. I liked that he finally felt vindicated after being called a "loon" all these years. We know you're not a loon Hodgins!! LOL!! :romance-smileyheart: I thought it was smart that he switched the remains with another leukemia victim but I'm curious how he knew exactly when they were going to be coming for them...maybe because the team was getting close to some answers? I don't know...
word count: 498
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

emi13
Fan

Post by emi13 »

Was it just me or did anyone else cry?!
Last edited by emi13 on Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 9
Dr. Jack Hodgins: Up and forward are only two directions. Science should look in all directions.

emi13
Fan

Post by emi13 »

I saw the episode and it was so sad! There wasn't a whole lot of Angela and Hodgins which was kind of disappointing but it was still pretty good. I'm confused as to wether Sweets and Daisy were married? Could anyone help clarify? Also, I think the new guy will become friends with Daisy and help her with the baby and have some kind of Swests like personality/roll.
word count: 71
Dr. Jack Hodgins: Up and forward are only two directions. Science should look in all directions.

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi Emi! I didn't cry but I'm sure you were NOT the only one that did! Lots of people saying they cried!

Something I've been thinking about, why did it take the ambulance so long to get there? Booth & Brennan were off talking to the old guy and they made it before the emergency personnel? They must have been right next door! Either that or DC has sucky emergency services?
word count: 73
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sculder1013
Super Fan

Post by Sculder1013 »

Ive just watched it now. I gotta say I am not happy that they killed Lance off but at the same time if JFD has other things going on in his life then its better they kill him off in the show rather than him just leaving with Daisy after having the baby for example. I personally picked up on it throughout the ep that he was going to die or at least be seriously injured because he was going to be having a baby and he was back with Daisy etc etc plus other little seeds that they threw in there. Either way I am still gutted I really liked Sweets!

Just 1 thing for me though.. and this is just my own opinion and how I like things... but I didnt like that you didnt get to see what happened to Sweets. I thought it would have been more powerful if it wasnt just him being found lay on the floor bleeding out. But like I said thats just the way I like things like when VNM got shot it was like OMGGGGGG he got shot right there in our faces and his death scene was SO traumatic... but Sweets wasnt as powerful as it could have been.

As for Booth and Brennan I didnt care too much about them skipping the sex scene - I wish there would have been more Jack/Angela though. They are so cute together.

And YAY for Hodgins saving the day with his conspiracy head! We knew his paranoia would come in handy some day!

What do we think of the newbie? Agent whatever his name was...? I aint keen so far he is too cocky and has been written to be a lot like Sweets I think with how he doesnt like being called KID and how he wants approval from Booth etc. What do we all think?

All in all a good first episode... not much happened but it was very good all the same :) Cant wait for next week! Eeeeeeek!
word count: 340

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hiya Emma, question...how did you see this? As it's not been shown in the UK yet, I mean. I've fallen behind with reviews really only because last season I didn't see any of S9 till February!

I don't know how I feel about this news. There was a time when I would happily have seen Sweets out of the way, but hmm, not like this...

is the plot any clearer now btw? I know Teresa understood it no prob, but I am going to have to rewatch quite a bit of the latter part of last season to fully understand what's going on. So glad Hodgins' conspiracy knowledge came in handy! :)
word count: 117
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I don't know if the conspiracy is clearer or not. I think I've forgotten exactly what the conspiracy IS? HAHAHA It wasn't hard to follow this particular episode though, what they were doing was clear, and they explained it but I guess because it has been a while and I can't take watching Pelant episodes again, I have forgotten exactly WHAT is behind all their suspicions. I do know that it started with Pelant/Ghost Killer, and there is some cover-ups happening. Is there more to it Teresa???

Steph would you like to see this episode? Maybe I can help you out there. ;)
word count: 108

MariaDiaper
Fan

Post by MariaDiaper »

I cried so much my boyfriend had to try and console me (unsuccessfully I may add). I thought his death was very well done and did the character and JFD justice.
The episode was very good - because there was so much going on with the conspiracy, the death of Sweets was even more shocking. Overall I thought it was a very well done episode.
word count: 64
Met TJ on 12/07/2014 at London Film & Comic Con.

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

As I said in the cbox, season 10 finally arrived on french tv :-)
I have missed a lot of season 9 but I think I understood enough thanks to the resume they made before the episode starts.

So here is my personal opinion about some points:

Booth: from the first minutes of the episode, I knew he would be free in a short time. It seemed to be so obvious, no surprise, really.

The case: I LOVE that Hodgins was wise enough to hide some bones, thanks to his conspiracy theory :-D I really enjoyed this a lot.
Oh and the moment when Camille breaks a bone was cute (well her face was absolutely cute)

Sweets: oddly enough, the fact that he insisted to do Booth's work made me think something bad would happen to him in the next minutes. No real surprise then. Plus the way they added this new annoying agent to the story, was a huge hint to what was about to happen.

Something really annoyed me more than the death of Sweets... When his body arrives for the autopsy, I'm a bit surprised to see Daisy so calm and with no real affliction O.o Even Brennan seemed to be sad though she stayed professional by maintaining a distance, dissociating Sweets and his body.
Am I the only one to think Daisy's reaction is weird? I mean she is pregnant, her boyfriend has been killed and she's about to make his autopsy...? Really?

Hope to see next episode next week :-)
And to post here ;-)

Véro :happy-smileyflower:
word count: 263
The waffle conspiracy...

HanaTheAwesomeOne
Fan

Post by HanaTheAwesomeOne »

Aiite I know I'm late to the Party on commenting on this one but yes I did watch it when America did but I was too Busy at the time and haven't had a chance to jump in here. Anyway I'm in Australia atm and Season10 just started (twice a wk) so yeah haha.

Okay First of all I've never really been a HUGE Fan of Sweets but OH MAH GOSH!!! I Was fully shocked and yes I cried! Like Whaaaaaat?!!! Haha. I fully didn't know how to comprehend it.

"I'm new to blackmailing" - Brennan. She totally isn't haha. Koz she blackmailed Booth in the Pilot ep haha.

Yeah I knew Booth was going to get out as well. Side Note DB's Double is terrible, they look nothing alike hahahahha.

YES!!!! I LOVED How Hodgin's was totally in his Element with the whole Conspiracy thing! :) I LOVE Conspiracy Hodgin's and when he saves the day ;) haha.

word count: 166

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Well, goodness, I have been waiting months to contribute to this thread, and find that I have nothing new to say! Everyone has made 'my' comments already!

Anyhoo, this was a delight to come home to after my choir rehearsal on Wednesday. In spite of all the conspiracy material, which I find difficult and honestly doesn't exactly fascinate me (I am coming to the conclusion that I'm not really an 'arc' person -standalones with great characterisation are my meat and drink, which is, I suspect, why I lost interest in The X-files and why I am watching the Silent Witness two-parters quite happily), there was a sureness and lightness of touch about the treatment which made it feel fresh. I would have liked to see more of Booth in prison; I thought it was a good angle on his character and relationships and, of course, the terrible impact loss of faith had on him, which DB portrayed very well later in the ep.. I wasn't the least convinced by Brennan's 'Deus ex Machina' rescue though. It was too pat, too perfect; I was waiting for someone to put a spanner in her works and maybe start persecuting her too. That said, well yes, she's an excellent blackmailer. She's become very good at using her natural directness to get her way.

I knew about Sweets' death, so the hints dropped did not go unnoticed; but I have to say that I would have guessed anyway as soon as Daisy walked in pregnant, and I also have to add that I too found it somewhat of an anticlimax. Not enamoured of the idea of the autopsy, though the point that it was just a set of flesh and bones and no longer contained anything of the real person was well made; but the team played it wonderfully and it came across as a determined final effort in homage to their deceased friend - we are left in no doubt that they will find the perpetrator. I didn't think Daisy's reaction was weird btw. It just came over as numb shock. She is a strong person and for some the sense of needing to return to 'normality' (and the job) is overwhelming.

While in awe of Hodgins' conspiracy knowledge and the way it is finally being used to good effect, I really did experience a twinge of disbelief when he admitted to having exchanged all those bones for someone else's! How can you do that without drawing attention to yourself? How did he know that - and when - they would come and take the evidence away? And will there not be repercussions at a later date?

I'm holding fire on Aubrey till I have seen a bit more of him. He seems to have been quite useful thus far, but it's probably going to take me as long to trust him as it will Booth and the team members. Watch this space.
word count: 500
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro