Bones 10.03 The Purging of the Pundit

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Bones 10.03 The Purging of the Pundit

Post by stargazer »

So...even though I don't really like how they've made Aubry just like Sweets, I'm slowly warming up to him. I liked his reaction to the body in this episode. It's not often that you see a main cast member gag in response to the remains, while the other members of the team are ranking the body on a scale of nastiness. Hilarious!! :laughing-rolling: While Aubry isn't so bad, I could definitely live without the intern Rodolpho. I don't know what it is about him, but I don't think he's that "hot" and I definitely don't see why Angela gets so excited to see him. I was a little annoyed that she called him "eye candy" right in front of Hodgins, and I'm sure Hodgins didn't appreciate it either. Poor guy!!

I'm not that involved in politics but it was obvious that the victim, Hutch, was supposed to be Bones' version of Rush Limbaugh, however I don't think Rush would ever consider changing his stance on political topics. The one thing that I was wondering about was why didn't Hutch just remove the ball-gag before he suffocated if his hands were free? I guess an explanation is that the impact of the cell phone may have knocked him out, but they never say that. It's just stated that he suffocated because his nose was swollen shut and the ball obstructed his mouth.

I don't have much more on this episode because I didn't really like it, but Hodgins always gets the best lines, so here are my favorites:

After Angela tells Hodgins to "hold the coronation" and then proves that he was right after all, Hodgins declares "All Hail the King! King of the Lab!!" LOL!

"Bambi, why are you an accomplice to a murder?" Hahaha!!
word count: 313
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: Bones 10.3 The Purging of the Pundit

Post by ThyneAlone »

Well, they certainly have had a selection of unlikeable corpses of late! As in not especially nice people – the remains have always been pretty heaveworthy – poor Aubrey, having to stand and watch a stoat nibble an ear! And I’m sure the comments about half of ‘Daddy Warbucks’ still being obese can’t have helped!

Why on earth did they take so long to find out about the guy’s sexual preferences? I was onto it as soon as they started talking about possible ‘torture’ and describing the injuries. Also I thought the clues they followed to catch up with Byers were all rather tenuous, but then that is often the case.

Overall I found the things going on around the case more interesting than the case itself. Booth’s sleeplessness and lack of trust needed to be dealt with, though of course it could not be totally resolved (“let’s not talk about avoidance issues” lol), and of course Aubrey’s face-off with him helped quite a bit in that direction. The mutual tension was very convincing and kudos to DB, he is conveying the ‘lost’ feeling very effectively. I’m suspending judgement on Aubrey till I have seen more of him, but I don’t see him as a replacement for Sweets. Hopefully he has got a role of his own which will become evident, but at present he is not making a huge impression on me.

Favourite lines:
“Is blowhard some kind of a job?”
“..so clean he’s practically Canadian”
“All hail King of the Lab! (of course)”
“50 Shades of Grey is outselling Harry Potter.”
“A nibble is a lot different than being whipped”.

And a non-favourite line; “He’s eye candy, deal with it.” Arghh! Angela is maddening at times! Fuentes irritates me too and no, I don’t see the eye candy thing either. MOSTLY Ange and I don’t go for the same kind of man, with one important exception.

What is this obsession with kilts in private school uniforms as on the girls that found the body? Nearly all UK schools have a uniform of some description, and I’ve never seen a kilt skirt on a single one, yet there seem to be a lot of them depicted in US shows I have watched. Is it common over the pond?
word count: 392
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: Bones 10.03 The Purging of the Pundit

Post by cutenebula »

So finally Bones is back on french tv!!! Woohoo!!!
I can now watch season 10 and go on with this thread ^_^

Soooo let's talk about this episode.
I have to say tha Aubrey is fun. A bit too close to Sweets but I like his character for now. Let's see how it turns with the next episodes :-)

Where is this Rodolpho coming from? I don't remember seeing him in a previous episode. I don't think he is hot either. I don't think he adds anything new or interesting to the show at this point... Except being annoying :P

It was so so cool to have the King of the Lab back ^_^ Yay!!! :D

The case itself: from the moment they mention that high level of a certain hormon in his body indicated that he liked being tortured, we knew what was his sexual preferences... Weird it took them so long to realise this.
I also don't really understand why he didn't free his hands and take off the gag, as he was able to do it...

Am I the only one seeing that these "stoats" are ferrets? And definitely not stoats??? Come on!!! At least call a ferret a ferret and not a stoat...
It really bugged me I have to say :P

I'm a bit disappointed because I could only see this with french dubbing and really, it's so so bad :P So the annoying Rodolpho was sounding even more annoying with this very bad spanish like accent which was pronounced by a french man.

Anyway, it was really really cool to see Hodgins back on screen ^_^
Up to the next episode!!! ;-)

Véro :happy-smileyflower:
word count: 280
The waffle conspiracy...