Bones 10.07 The Money Maker on the Merry-Go-Round

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
omelette73
Super Fan

Bones 10.07 The Money Maker on the Merry-Go-Round

Post by omelette73 »

OK can we talk about Oliver Wells and Hodgins? Damn they really look like brothers from another mother! (TJ is the cute one by the way)
And when he walks in Cam office and she thinks he is Wells? I'm pretty sure this was all done for the fans who keep saying they look alike, I wonder if production asked the actor to grow a beard with this in mind! :D

OK, about the episode, I liked that we are starting to know something more about Aubry past, I personally like the guy, the relationship he has with Booth is different than the dynamic we were used to see with Sweets. But why every character in Bones have to have a traumatic childhood?
Kidding, I understand that it can be more interesting to manage a difficult past than a "normal" one, and I like the way Booth and Brennan are becoming interchangeable in the way they face some problems, the fact that was Brennan and not Booth to go to talk with him was understandable, given her past and that scene was sweet, as the final scene with Christine.

And can we talk about the elephant in the room?
Why the show's dynamic is changing that much? Why Aubry is going to the field with Booth and not Brennan? It's just to give him more space, since he is new to the party? An identity?
Don't think so.
I personally have my theory: I simply think that Emily is pregnant, as in 4 months pregnant or so, and i think this was the best way to hide her status and still be credible. It can't be a coincidence that the moment Aubry arrived, she gave up her role that easily, after she fought for years for that. It's pretty obvious that they are not going to write this pregnancy on the show this time, and if you already start to notice the way she is filmed you'll see that they avoid frontal shot with her, and the way she dress it's another sign. I have no certitude obviously, but I think I'm right. I'm curious on how this is going to effect the last part of the season, most of all if this is going to be the last one. in this case, I can't say that I'm thrilled to see a series finale with a super pregnant Emily, but I totally understand no one can put on hold his life for a TV show, and above all, I don't want to make any personal reference to her private life.
I'm just wondering how this is going to effect the show, that's it.

Thoughts?
Last edited by omelette73 on Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 458

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: 10.07 The Money Maker on the Merry-Go-Round

Post by stargazer »

Wow! I never thought that Emily might be pregnant again but looking at the pictures from the 200th episode party yesterday, you may be right! I seriously doubt they'll add it to the storyline this year, if it's true. Very interesting observation Teresa!

The episode was an average one for me. Nothing very memorable in it and as usual there was not enough Hodgins for my liking. Lol! I did think the verbal sparring between Brennan and Dr Wells was pretty entertaining though. Little Christine calling everyone "jackass" was hilarious! Reminds me of the first time my daughter repeated something she heard from her daddy. Hahaha! I was serious at the time, telling her she shouldn't use that type of language but inside I thought it was pretty funny coming from my 3 year old.
word count: 138
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I do think Emily looks pregnant, however I don't think that has any bearing on whether this will be the last season. People need to remember that yes, the ratings are down but they are on a much more competitive night right now. Also, I doubt there has even been any sort of discussion about season 11 at this point other than the speculative things about "we'd like it to continue" from the big wigs. If they do think they'll go for another season, the actors most likely wouldn't be approached until next year about contracts since all of them need contracts to continue. Well maybe not the Aubrey actor, he might have an "option" contract since he's new. It is just a bit early to tell but since FOX has struggled across the board with ratings this fall, I think that actually gives Bones a chance of getting renewed, assuming DB and ED want to continue and until they are sure of them they won't be announcing anything, but it is way too soon to know about that anyway.

This episode was not one of my favorites. And I thought the same thing Teresa, that they give every character some traumatic childhood. I'm not huge on Aubrey anyway, he bugs me & again just like with Sweets, I find him unnecessary. And I really don't get why they think fans should just accept that Brennan suddenly is fine with being in the lab instead of being in the field when she blackmailed Booth just to be out there. But any time fans mention this they are told that the characters have evolved, yet I think this would be devolving for Brennan to be content with this.
word count: 294
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

And they announced ED is pregnant. Doubt anyone was surprised though.
word count: 11
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Well, I don't know about Aubrey, I am personally well hacked off with Oliver Wells. For goodness' sake, take him away, him and his sneering arrogance and confrontational personality and disagreeableness. And his unfortunate resemblance to Hodgins, albeit an oddly unattractive likeness, with the features put together in a much less personable way. Must be the lack of a genuine smile. If he turns out to be related to Hodgins in any way I will be furious. He's not a 'team player' (as the victim was not, seemingly!) and I don't want him on the team. He irritates me even more than Daisy and that is saying something.

You are right girls, there was nothing that made this rather run-of-the-mill episode stand out. They seem to be back to two-dimensional perps and unprepossessing victims. This time it's all about money and all the self-aggrandising, entitled attitude and unpleasantness that regularly characterises the wealthy in Bones. OK it was all quite cleverly worked out, with the chip off the ring and so on, but I really just wanted to dismiss it all from my mind and was in the end more absorbed by the fact that Brennan achieved victory over Wells but suffered an abject failure to sort out a small girl's first attempts at swearing!

I really think it's tasteless to put such an alarming corpse in a kids' playground. Are they running out of murder/body dumping scenarios? I don't know if it's better or worse than the eye in the toilet! :D
word count: 266
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro