How would YOU like Bones to end?

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
skftex
TJ Team Validator

How would YOU like Bones to end?

Post by skftex »

So I was talking to peppernights on Twitter and she mentioned she hopes that Bones has a season 11 because she wants them to have a proper ending.

I thought that'd be a good discussion to move over here, because 140 characters doesn't do it. While I know there are many endings that probably would satisfy people, and some we've probably never thought of, what exactly do you want to happen to feel that they wrapped up the story completely? Are there specific things you feel they need to address? Any remaining questions you have that they haven't answered properly and you feel they should prior to ending the show?

Honestly I've never thought about it so I will have to come back with my answer!

word count: 131
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

peppernights
Fan

Re: How would YOU like Bones to end?

Post by peppernights »

Hey! Yes, here I am. :) This is a great topic of discussion and I'm glad my tweets gave you this idea. I've never really had just one ending in mind, because that changed through the years as soon as the story progressed. For example, years ago I would have said I'd like Booth and Brennan to get married in the series finale, but that changed with s9. I also would have liked them to have another baby in the series finale (because I'm not really a fan of seeing too many babies on screen), but now that is happening before the end of the show as well. So, I think that my finale could change too by the end of s10 or even with an hypotetical s11. I kinda agree with HH and SN when they say that usually characters drive you somewhere. So I don't think there's a right or wrong finale (unless something tragic happens - as Sharon was joking on Twitter, that would be a hot mess LOL), but for the rest, I just want a fair finale, a satisfying finale for the characters and for the fans. I'm a bit torn: on one hand, I'd like - for example - Booth to get that promotion and become the head of the FBI, Ange maybe pursuing her artistic career in Paris with Hodgins and maybe Cam to get married to Arastoo. This would be a good finale, but - of course - I'd be a little sad at the idea of having the team parted forever. And also, if Booth got the promotion, what would Brennan do? She could become a full time writer or something, so that the two of them could live a happy life and be finally away from danger, and maybe Clark could run the Jeffersonian where Cam could still be the boss. This would be satisfying for me, but another finale I'd like would be one where everyone keeps doing whatever they do now on the show. Some sort of open series finale, where they show us one last case but not the last case for the whole team. It would be reassuring to see that in the Bones world the team kept doing whatever they are doing even if "we" don't see them anymore. As long things are not forced and everyone stays alive I'd be happy!
Ratings wise, I'd like the show to close before they got to the 0s, but I'm afraid that will happen before s10 is over. So enough "dignity" (as Teresa was saying) story-wise would be good for me! What do you guys think?
word count: 448

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Well I have to say, I HATE finales where people get married. I think it is so cliché and overdone, plus they are always too cutesy for my tastes.

I think I prefer your idea of them just going on with their lives, something that portrays that though we will not be seeing them again, they will just carry on giving the victims names and finding the bad guys, going about the business of the Jeffersonian lab!

I don't think Booth could get promoted to head of the FBI-that'd be a HUGE promotion. Not sure if you realize how political the FBI head is, and how unlikely it is for a field agent to be promoted over a lot of "admin" types (like the deputy directors, etc.). Plus I doubt Booth would be a good agency head, he'd hate the political part of it!

I guess I've thought more about what I'd hate for the ending than what I'd like to see. I'd hate it if they kill one of the regulars off. I'd hate it if they shut down the Jeffersonian lab. I'd like no more babies and prefer if there are any marriages to get them over with sooner. I also REALLY don't want it to be one of their alternate reality shows, like the 200th or the 100th. UGH nooooooooo :doh:

I would like sometime for them to clear up a lot of the stuff they've left out there, especially the 4:47 thing. They never explained the clock and Pelant. They never explained who the high ranking person in the FBI was in their whole conspiracy thing (and no I don't believe it was meant to be the long dead J. Edgar Hoover, or the guy in the rest home, that makes no sense.) I'd like them to at least mention Zack once again. I get it is unlikely he'll ever be on the show again but at least acknowledge that he was part of it, like they do Sweets!
word count: 348
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

maggimaemellon
Fan

Post by maggimaemellon »

Haha. I would love Bones to stay forever! But if it had to stop, I would want to see it end happy. Everyone staying close. Happy. :)
word count: 26

AnaisSolange
Fan

Post by AnaisSolange »

I'm not ready yet that has bones ends, but if it were to happen, I would have a happy ending.
word count: 21

peppernights
Fan

Post by peppernights »

Same, everyone needs a happy ending, I agree too.
I also don't believe they would end the show with an alternate universe. The 200th episode was just a celebration :) Before the series is done I'd like to know Angela real name at least. Not sure about the 447 because if I don't go wrong, during the 2012 panel at Paley fest they said it was just a thing for fans, but I don't think it has a real meaning :)
word count: 83

Sculder1013
Super Fan

Post by Sculder1013 »

With shows like Bones I find it really hard to imagine how it's going to end! But I am guessing no matter what happens to the characters, it will end with the group (or at least the ones who are still with us) all together at the bar! So many episodes end with 2 or more characters sat in the bar having a drink together and smiling and laughing about their day... I am hoping it ends happily like that with them all together!

I would LOVE Zack to be back in it but I don't think that will happen!

As harsh as this may sound, if they are going to kill off one or more of the characters I want it to be someone BIG... only for shock factor! It's harsh I know and it will break all our hearts... but if it's going to end I want it to end with a BANG and if someone is going to die I want it to be someone that will shock us all! But in all honesty I don't think they would do that!

Hmmmm! Tough one isn't it?
word count: 195

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

So I guess Sweets wasn't BIG? :-? If that is the way you measure it, then the only two that could be considered BIG are Booth or Brennan and I'm pretty sure they can't kill either one of them off! I've said it before, if they ever kill off Hodgins, that is the last show I watch. But then I don't want them to kill off anyone. Personally I think it is too much of a TV trick these days and I'd rather they get imaginations and actually write stories that don't require a baby being born or someone being killed off, or a marriage. We've seen all that already, please think of something else!
word count: 122

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

:text-yeahthat:
totally agree Sharon!
word count: 3
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Sculder1013
Super Fan

Post by Sculder1013 »

Yeah course Sweets was big! God I loved Sweets! I meant someone else along those lines too! Shock factor is always enjoyable to watch!
word count: 24

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Okay, lets kill off Booth. :violence-rapidfire: Soon. :icon-lol: :icon-mrgreen: :clap:

:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncycyan: :happy-bouncygreen: :happy-bouncymagenta: :happy-bouncymulticolor: :happy-bouncyred: :text-lol: :sci-fi-beamup:
word count: 6

AnaisSolange
Fan

Post by AnaisSolange »

It's official, Bones's end after season 12 :angelic-yellow:
http://www.tvinsider.com/article/75458/ ... al-season/
word count: 17

Sculder1013
Super Fan

Post by Sculder1013 »

AnaisSolange wrote:It's official, Bones's end after season 12 :angelic-yellow:
http://www.tvinsider.com/article/75458/ ... al-season/
I'm honestly looking forward to how they are going to end it. Hodgins' storyline right now is superb and I really cant wait to see what they do with that. As long as we get some proper closure to the show I am happy. It would drive me crazy if it ends on a big cliffhanger and we never find out what happens lol
word count: 84

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Well, this thread is just asking for a resolution now, isn't it?
So interesting to see what we anticipated and desired.
In-between times, we have already had the BB wedding and their second child.
And we ended up with 'life goes on', which, on reflection, is a good one compared with some of the other possibilities we had mooted.

To sum up.
WHAT WE DIDN'T GET
A permanent closing of the Jeffersonian - although it suffered some serious damage.
An alternative reality. Thank goodness! :icon-rolleyes:
A Booth promotion.
Angela and Hodgins going off to Paris so that Angela could pursue her artistic future (good to see one of her photos surviving the devastation though - Mayhap a little hint that this is something she can still work on?)
Brennan becoming a full-time writer. Never a possibility in my view, though an interesting perspective.
Angela's real name (did we get it earlier? I don't recall).
A realistic 447 closure. Mentioned, but not convincingly.

WHAT WE DID GET
Cam remains boss of the lab - but she's going to be off for a few months and we get a brilliant Interim! Yay! KOTL! Anyone see that coming?
The Cam/Arastoo wedding. Good that this served as the launchpad for the main storyline rather than a focus. And got the whole cast together.
Not 'another baby', but Cam's three new kids, and Angela's welcome pregnancy.
The return of the Z-man and the removal of his conviction for murder (I see no-one expected that when this thread started!).
The killing off of a regular shortly before the finale.

Anything you would have liked that didn't happen? I still yearned after more Hodgins background and a mention at least for his brother before the show ended.
word count: 299

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Steph they told us Angela's real name. In fact, in season 12 episode 11 Hodgins says it to her when he is making the drinks at the wedding reception. :D But it was revealed in the Season 10 episode "The Light in the Life". So you don't have to go search for it, it is Pookie Noodlin' ;)
word count: 58

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Wow do you know, I didn't remember that at all! Fell totally off my radar! Was that during that period when I seemed to miss or not understand wodges of episodes? I bet it was.

When Jack was mixing the drinks and he said that, I wasn't quite sure where it had come from; you know, a vague feeling that I'd heard it before without knowing when or in what context.

Thanks for that, it opens a little window somewhere in the dark recesses of my strange mind!
word count: 91