Bones 11.02 The Brother in the Basement

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
skftex
TJ Team Validator

Bones 11.02 The Brother in the Basement

Post by skftex »

Okay, the second episode. I have to say I felt this one was all over the place and it wasn't bad but it wasn't really good like last week's episode.

I think it got very complicated and I missed some connections and I did watch it, even rewound when I thought I didn't understand something. So Agent Miller's partner has disappeared and before he disappeared he had printed a list of undercover FBI agents. Someone is going to try to sell the list and put them in jeopardy, and it is connected somehow to the guys in the basement where we last saw Booth. I get that part. I guess the guys in the basement robbed the drug dealer guy where Booth got shot so they could get the money to buy the list? Then they were going to sell it for even more money?

Agent Miller had a relationship with her partner but he broke it off when he met the woman who became his fiancée. Then Brennan finds a finger in the refrigerator of the missing Agents house, and it turns out to be the finger of the fiancée, so they realize that she was kidnapped and held for ransom, and what they wanted was the list of undercover agents. Then they find the bodies of the FBI agent and his fiancée dead and covered in battery acid and being eaten by vultures. Very gross scene in that one, they had to give us at least one disgusting crime scene and they did. The vulture pulling on the body and the piece dropping off, classic Bones there!

Meanwhile back at the lab, this man from the FBI shows up to work with Angela to check out the missing FBI agents computer and cell phone and Hodgins acts all jealous. This guy claims he has carpal tunnel so has a cast on his arm. So this really annoyed me because Angela gave no indication she was interested in the computer guy and Hodgins is watching them and being all snippy with the guy. I hated that scene so much that I ranted to TJ about it last night, and then he called me today and told me that he purposely played it that way because he thought it would be funny. So he thought my email about it and being all upset they were making Hodgins crazy was funny. So now I feel bad about ranting about it , but it didn't really come off to me as funny. Maybe someone that isn't quite so invested in Hodgins as I am would see it differently. But I think my dislike of the scene comes from seeing stuff about upcoming episodes and the hints they have been giving about things happening with Angela and Hodgins. But I promised TJ I would calm down about it and just watch because he says that what is coming up is going to give him LOTS to do so it is a good thing.

Back to the basement, the guy that was a friend of Jared's gets a message that Booth can't be trusted and the person they are buying the list from will cancel the deal unless they kill Booth. But Jared's friend apparently doesn't want to do that. He's going to call off the deal and just split the two million between them but the other two guys want the money they thought they could get from selling this list. Unless I'm completely wrong about what is going on here, but I do think they are trying to buy it so they can sell it for a lot more money to someone in another country would pay big for the names of the undercover agents. That is the only way I understood why Booth is involved, he isn't going to let FBI agents be exposed like that and he was trying to stop Jared from being involved in it. Booth and Jared's friend fight with the other two guys, Booth gets into another room then makes it look like he climbed out a window so when the bad guy gets in there he just smacks him down really hard with a big pipe and Booth is free.

Turns out that the computer guy working with Angela is involved in the kidnapping of the fiancée and killing of the agent and the fiancée. He hurt his hand doing something, which is why he was trying to claim it is carpal tunnel. I have no idea how this guy got mixed up in things, I was confused about that part. Was he the one trying to sell the list to the guys in the basement? So Aubrey is questioning him and Brennan says they aren't going to get him to talk so she barges in and twists his hurt arm to get him to talk. Hmmm wonder how that will hold up in court? LOL Anyway, they find out where Booth is, and they get there, Brennan not listening to Aubrey and just charging at the house, but Booth comes out of the basement to the outside and all is good. He isn't dying from that bullet wound he took how many days ago and had been bleeding the whole time?

Hodgins and Angela are going to have a sleepover with Christina and Hank and Michael Vincent. WOO HOO

Oh and Arastoo and Cam break up because Arastoo has to go somewhere else to work because he can't be an intern forever and if Cam goes with him she'll resent him. Sheesh he's been an intern way longer than he should have been anyway so why not? I mean, he first showed up in season 4 right? He was an intern for 7 years. But since he can't be given the job as head of forensic anthropology at the Jeffersonian he feels he needs to move on. And Brennan wants her job back.

Okay that is my comments on the second episode. I didn't hate it but there were things that annoyed me and I still think they made the whole thing with Booth more complicated than it had to be. So it was a bit of a let down as far as the suspense from last week. But overall still okay.
word count: 1074
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: Bones 11.02 The Brother in the Basement

Post by ThyneAlone »

Sat Oct 10 8.31am

Oh for heaven's sake, this is going to be even more complicated than the plot Teresa had to explain to me in words of one syllable. Sounds good for TJ but all the FBI agent business is a web of conspiracy and counter-conspiracy that makes my head explode, aarggh.

I was really hoping the guy had something important hidden in the cast on his arm. Now that would have been something I'd have understood. <<sigh>>
word count: 83
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Steph at least this particular portion of the storyline is finished. Of course Jared being dead is going to be an issue for Booth going forward but it isn't going to be the long involved confusing conspiracy theory we saw before. And episode 1 was good, it was just enough to keep me guessing what was going on. Of course I never guessed all these people involved and how complicated they made it. :-? :icon-wink:
word count: 74
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sculder1013
Super Fan

Post by Sculder1013 »

I am finding it hilarious that they've called their son Hank haha I dont even know why I find it funny but it just is hahaha
word count: 27