It's back in the UK

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

It's back in the UK

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hi all
Shocking cold & overwhelmed with work again but feeling a little warmth and cheer from the fact that Sky Living will be airing S11 of Bones :happy-cheerleaderkid: as of the coming Monday at 9pm.

Whether a deliberate move or a coincidence, I see it is now directly up against BBC1's Silent Witness, which is sort of an English sister to the show. It is certainly about pathologists who seem to spend an inordinate amount of time solving crimes rather than hanging round the lab doing their jobs. It's an excellent series though somewhat more downbeat than Bones - the latest two-parter dealt with radicalisation and terrorism. I think I mentioned some time ago when a new Northern Irish bug & slime man joined them. He rejoices in particulates, has anger management issues and his name is, believe it or not, Jack Hodgson. Rip-off or what? :-o
word count: 147
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Re: It's back in the UK

Post by skftex »

Isn't Silent Witness much, much older than Bones though? I remember seeing a few of those aired here quite a while back. Late 90s, early 2000s? Though yes, I get that the character Jack Hodgson is new. They can try but he won't ever be as awesome as OUR Hodgins!!
word count: 52
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: It's back in the UK

Post by ThyneAlone »

Right as usual, Sharon, the first season of Silent Witness was aired in 1996. I think the current one is the 18th and Jack H arrived sometime about 2 seasons ago. It's a high-quality production with excellent casting and incisive writing, which is why it has survived numerous changes in personnel over the years. Jack has an interesting background; when he is not doing his forensic thing he is a cage fighter! A great help with the anger issues I guess!
Look up David Caves if you're interested in a comparison.
word count: 94
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro