Bones 1.21 The Soldier on the Grave

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
skftex
TJ Team Validator

Bones 1.21 The Soldier on the Grave

Post by skftex »

I couldn't find a thread for this one.

I’m going to start this off by saying that this is a hard episode for me to watch. As are a lot of those that deal with things with the military. Not that I was ever in a situation like the characters were but still, I’m more on Booth’s side in this one than anyone else. It is also why not so many comments as some episodes.

Booth and Brennan walking in a cemetery, and Booth is upset that someone used a grave to protest the war, which I have to admit, I’m right beside you on that Booth!
Booth says Charlie Kent won the Silver Star. No actually he didn’t win it, it isn’t a contest. He was AWARDED the Silver Star-sorry but no military person would use the word won.

Dr. Brennan is so very clinical about soldiers. I get why it bothers Booth but she isn’t wrong.

So this Charlie Kent was a basketball player and Zack knows all the stats. I guess that comes from the fact that Eric Millegan is a huge basketball fan. 
Dr. Goodman asks Hodgins “You don’t believe we should stand up to tyrants” and Hodgins replies “Sure, I’ve been waiting for someone to do that for three years now.” Well Dr. Hodgins, what is stopping you? Angela can’t believe Dr. Goodman took the bait.

“The victim had lamb about an hour before his death. Of course, it’s a little over cooked now.” HAHAHA Hodgins has no respect does he? It bothers me that Hodgins tells Booth that the guy was wearing olive green so was “One of yours, not mine.” No he yours, he’s the reason you get to say that. I’m glad sometimes that Hodgins isn’t quite so crazy and insensitive these days.

I’m sure inside Booth is still military. But he can be objective though, and yes I imagine Brennan has a lot of experience with war too. Booth should know that. I like the conversation with Booth/Brennan here though, she is his partner and he needs to let her be. 

When the mother of the victim asks about having her son’s body back, Brennan is very nice to her. Sometimes she did get it. Then we get bad John Wayne impersonations. UGH.

Angela and Hodgins are arguing about the war in Iraq. Ha! “Want to make the world a better place Jack, try shutting your yap long enough to hear something other than the sound of your own voice.” Go Angela! LOL Hodgins thought they were having a good time.

Brennan kinda sucks that she doesn’t tell Kent’s parents that she was the one wanting the exhumation, she just stands there when the mother slaps Booth.

So they found bullets from different weapons in Kent, and then the “Dad” guy kills himself and says he was the one that killed Kent.

I like the lawyer in the wheelchair Hank, I wish they’d had him back. I liked the relationship between Booth and him.

Sad ending. 

I like how Brennan just reaches over and touches Booth’s hand when he tells her the story. Just like Angela says, knowing when a touch will make a difference.

That’s it for this one, only one more left from season 1 to do! Yay!
word count: 573
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: Bones 1.21 The Soldier on the Grave

Post by ThyneAlone »

Good work Sharon!
I will be back to comment on this and some others (I have finally got to a school break without lying down and dying - the official week-long school inspection has not improved my state of mind), but before I do, just let me say - you don't need to look for missing ep reviews. There is a serviceable Missing Reviews thread at the top here, which I update every time someone does a new one. Please everyone, check it and contribute! <<hugs>>
word count: 86
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Sculder1013
Super Fan

Post by Sculder1013 »

I miss the earlier seasons! I really want to go back and watch them all again!
word count: 16

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Do season 2. Seriously. We are still 5 reviews short there.
word count: 11
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro