Bones 3.12 The Baby in the Bough

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Bones 3.12 The Baby in the Bough

Post by begolden »

Hello Everyone,

I didn't see a thread for this episode, so here it is! I still have 5 minutes until the episode begins. Sherry, Kimber? Here's hoping we have some good Jack and Angela moments to make up for the lack thereof in recent episodes...
word count: 47
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: The Baby in the Bough

Post by begolden »

All I can say about the Jack and Angela scenes are... Awwww!

Here's a little synopsis of the first scene, roughly paraphrased...

Jack watches Angela holding the baby, adoration in his eyes. Angela sees the look and says, "Better get used to it--I want like a million of these."

After she walks off with the baby, Jack turns to Cam and says a little bewildered, "What does she mean by a million? Two?"

Sooooooo cute!

Now, someone else can paraphrase the second Jack and Angela scene...
word count: 88

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

Hey Rebecca! I actually enjoyed the episode last night - that baby was adorable!! So adorable that I almost didn't mind the forced B/B love that they were promoting. Brennan with Andy was really cute, and I adored the protectiveness she exerted over that child in the end.

Jack/Angela bits ... MASSIVELY SWEET! I was out at the original time of airing, so I set my tape to record on Fox (though our Canadian channel, Global, normally overrides). However, for some stupid reason another Canadian channel, CTV, was overriding Fox with Dancing With the Stars, and it ran 11 minutes over!! So I ended up missing the entire opening - which is when I assume the cute scene you mentioned above came in. Dangit. I'll have to scour YouTube for that later on.

The second Jack/Angela scene you mention ... I'll go from memory here, but basically it was Jack and Angela discussion the "millions" of children. Angela came in to analyze a flash drive that had been crushed, saw Jack, and asked, "you do want kids, right?" He told her he did want a few (did he specify 2??), but that he would have however many she wanted. (Awwww!) They then went on to discuss how it would change Angela's body (I believe Jack used the phrase "wider"), but Jack was sweet and adorable and said that no matter how "wide" she got, he would still find her sexy. Again ... awwwww!

If I've missed anything, let me know guys. I was very sleepy when I watched last night, and slightly angry over missing the first few moments, too!
word count: 273
Dude, what you call being a conspiracy theorist I call being well informed - Dr. Jack Hodgins

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I think the whole discussion about "wider" was Jack's way of reeling in the "millions" of kids. Because he turned around and had a sneaky kind of smile where Angela couldn't see it!

I really liked this episode as well.

Sharon
word count: 43
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

skftex wrote:I think the whole discussion about "wider" was Jack's way of reeling in the "millions" of kids. Because he turned around and had a sneaky kind of smile where Angela couldn't see it!
Good point, Sharon! Although I still maintain that Jack would seriously love her, no matter what she looked like!! (But he did have a sneaky smile at the end of that scene, didn't he? ;) )
word count: 72
Dude, what you call being a conspiracy theorist I call being well informed - Dr. Jack Hodgins

CROactive
Fan

Post by CROactive »

Hi guys,
thanks for describing the cuddly scenes... there's no Bones anywhere near me and I feel totally left out.

I'm looking for a smaller LCD TV to hang on the bedroom wall, as the big one in the living room is now totally "owned" by my 3-year old. And then, finally, I'll have access to some information :)

Keep on talking Jack/Angela talk!

Ciao
word count: 69
"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members" Groucho Marx

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

KimberHodgela wrote:Good point, Sharon! Although I still maintain that Jack would seriously love her, no matter what she looked like!! (But he did have a sneaky smile at the end of that scene, didn't he? ;) )
Oh, yes, I do think he would love her no matter what. No question. Thats another reason why I think he was just being sneaky, because Jack KNEW how Angela would react to the "wider" thing and he really was telling the truth. :mrgreen:

Sharon
word count: 81
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

A wonderfully warm sneaky smile I thought, having just managed to watch the ep in a kind of juddering way - Net vids are not reliable and Part 1 loaded up and part 2 didn't. Had to look for the remainder elsewhere!
I agree in large part with what you have all said about this. Bones is always at its best when it gives its characters an unusual situation to react to - if we put these people in this position, what will they do? - and it comes over as quite an organic process. To have something as warm and life-affirming and positive as a baby in a normally antiseptic and scientific environment was bound to get strong reactions and, thus, develop characters and relationships. It also brings the scientists face to face with what Booth deals with all the time; the messy realities of everyday life outside their nice clean tidy lab. The ended lives they squint at through their microscopes and on their pristine surfaces are regarded at a distance in an objective fashion on the whole. So a warm, smelly lump in someone's nappy, which requires even more immediate attention is a bit of a shock.

Yeah, the baby (babies, I guess) -gorgeous. I'm not surprised Angela was broody. When she said she loved chaos, now that did mark her down as different from her fellow workers. They work to create order and justice out of an initial mess; clearly the artist is just that bit more complex. Sees the greys better.

Once more, in what was little more than cameo (though better than last week - I'll take what I can get!) TJ and Michaela melt the screen. Major chemistry, so very natural and happy around one another. Loved all the baby talk. Wonder if they can compromise somewhere between millions and two?
word count: 309
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Almost forgot--Jack's comment regarding babies and Angela's not-divorced state... "Why wait until we're married?" I wonder if Jack was thinking that a pregnancy would cinch his claim on her?
word count: 34

bonesaddict11
Super Fan

Post by bonesaddict11 »

Niceee. This is a cute episode. =)
Tjs sneaky little smile is to die for.....*sigh* :D

Next week's episode sounds really good too. Lots of Anglea conflict. which means.....more TJ!!! At least from what I saw in the preview.
word count: 40