Bones 3.01 The Widow's Son In The Windshield

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
skftex
TJ Team Validator

Re: Bones 3.01 The Widow's Son In The Windshield

Post by skftex »

I have to admit, I am not sure why it was said the wedding wasn't dealt with in this episode, as they were clearly looking for the husband, which tied in to the season 2 finale. To me that is dealing with it. :) I haven't seen this episode in quite a while though so I think I need to watch it when I have a chance.

Hodgins look, I've always preferred the shorter hair and beard. I think it makes him look younger, and well I like being able to see the FACE. LOL The wardrobe, I think by season 3, TJ had more say in who Hodgins was becoming, and it is apparent in what he wears...which of course is easier for me to see some 2/3 years after the episode aired. ;)

And Kelly, you just keep reviving these threads. Sometimes you might get comments, sometimes you might not but I can guarantee you that I read anything that is written with interest! :)
word count: 169
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Kelly
Fan

Post by Kelly »

skftex wrote:And Kelly, you just keep reviving these threads. Sometimes you might get comments, sometimes you might not but I can guarantee you that I read anything that is written with interest! :)
Thanks for the encouragement. I will keep reviving the threads. I would have gone back to the pilot episode and revived season 1's threads, but this internship and other life issues that I should discuss on the sofa, has prevented me from doing a lot of what I want to do. Hopefully, by the end of next week, things will be better so I can concentrate on Bones marathons again.
word count: 104

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I frankly adore thread revival. To read again all the intelligent comment I had almost forgotten, be reminded of unresolved issues and even see fresh commentary is really stimulating. Thanks Kelly!

Widow's Son has its good points but I really didn't like S3 and my views on this introductory ep are now coloured by my feelings. It wasn't favoured by the writers' strike, of course; but the perfunctory disposal of Zack, the stagnation of the Angela/Hodgins relationship as they danced round the contrived husband-search issue and the pretty tedious and not overly credible Gormagon arc killed my pig for me (and sent it shooting messily from the wood chipper), and I can see all those things in embryo in this episode.

Funny how the context alters your view. Hope this isn't TOO spoilery (one of the risks of thread revival is the unthinking spoilage which may occur). Many thanks for making me think again about this one!!
word count: 163
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Kelly
Fan

Post by Kelly »

Gee, Steph! :shock: You're welcome. I'm glad my inexperience with the show is able to be of service to you. I don't get this "Gormagon arc" thing. I've heard it referred to before. Will I learn about it in Season 2? Far as spoilers, they actually help me understand what I'll be watching and prepares me for any surprises. I'm not good with handling surprises, whether in real life or not. I love theatrical trailers and reading the backs of books for excerpts. So, if there is anything you or anyone else would like to tell me, feel free to pm or Facebook me. It will be much appreciated.
word count: 114

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Hi, Kelly! Just butting in to let you know that the Gormagon story arc doesn't start until this thread's episode: season 3, episode 1, and runs throughout season 3. So you won't even hear about it throughout your viewing of season 2.

:D

Happy Viewing! Season 2 has some AMAZING episodes!

Sherry
aka Sinkwriter72
word count: 56
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

Kelly
Fan

Post by Kelly »

Thank you, Sherry, for that insight. I will make sure that I watch this episode again and pay closer attention to the Gormagon arc introduction. I've been hearing rave reviews on season 2, so I'm anxious to get my internship done and all the paperwork turned in so I can make watching season 2 my priority.
word count: 58