Best Hodgins moments and/or episodes.

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
Ellen
Super Fan

Best Hodgins moments and/or episodes.

Post by Ellen »

Firstly, i'm new to this board so it's nice to meet you all.

I thought this would be a good post because i'm sure we all have our personal bests of Hodgins moments over the years.
Bearing in mind that sadly i haven't seen too much of season 3, my favourite episode would have to be the season 2 finale. And of course my favourite moments are his experiments with Zack!
There are more but i can't possibly recount them all. lol.
I'd love to hear what you all think. let me know.
word count: 99
"What if it doesn't end like that? What if it doesn't go wrong?"-Dr Jack Hodgins

sofilps
Super Fan

Re: Best Hodgins moments and/or episodes.

Post by sofilps »

Welcome Ellen! :)

fffff this deserves a quick re watch of all episodes so I'll come back to make my list later. But I can tell you that I love when in S1 episode... mmm let me think... "the woman in the garden," Hodgins imitates Booth so that Brennan can think properly hahahaha. That was good one. But I know there are tons more.
word count: 64
~ s o f i

Tara
Fan

Post by Tara »

I really love the scenes with Booth in "Two Bodies In The Lab". Just the line reading on "People never tell me I'm right. They only say I'm crazy. Love you, man." always breaks me. And yay for the toy car. I hope we get to see more of Hodgins' collection one of these days.

Also, I loved the cantaloupes in Angela's office in "Death in the Saddle". Just a great sweet moment where Jack just *gets* Angela. Their teasing is just too cute. Because you get the feeling she totally wanted to smack Hodgins there, and he was totally okay with that. But also, I just love how he lets her know he's there for her no matter what. No pressure, not anxious. Just solid and secure in how he feels about her, fire-wedding in Fiji and all.

(tho obviously, once he sees she was married to a Greek God, maybe he freaked out just a little. But not so far as Angela could tell, which I thought was a lovely touch--something only the audience knows, from the way the shot was framed)

Tho fave moment of all time?

Swings.
word count: 197
In a world full of Uma Thurmans, everyone has an inner Janine Garafolo who needs to be taken out dancing every once in a while.

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Excellent idea for a topic, Ellen! (by the way, welcome!)

Where to begin? There are just too many, such as...

...Action hero Hodgins driving his Mini Cooper and looking cool in his knit cap, sexy Hodgins wearing nothing but a towel, funny yet sweet Hodgins mid-bite remembering he has to call Angela's father before the wedding, devious Hodgins letting a scared Angela invite herself over for a sleep over, and of course 100% romantic Hodgins stopping the swing and going in for the kiss...

Give me all night and I could come up with quite a few more!
word count: 100
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Welcome to TJ's forum, Ellen! :D

Excellent topic!

Annnnd... I'll have to get back to you on this because 1) I've got some tasks to accomplish first, and 2) there are many wonderful Hodgins moments, so I need to ponder this for a bit. I will say that certain moments immediately popped into my head, but I want to form my thoughts better. Save me a space in this thread because I'll be back!

In the meantime, please join us throughout the forum! We're happy you're here and would love to hear whatever you'd like to share with us. Yay for discussions! :mrgreen:

~ Sherry
aka Sinkwriter72
word count: 111
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I'm still thinking about it myself, but - apart from the swings, Angela's bitter-sweet rejection and TJ's exceptional performance in 'Aliens', I do want to put in a vote for those little, meaningful and juat plain FUN Hodgela moments he and Michaela do so well. You know, the glance "You're good!" "You have no idea."
or "I'm going to hell, aren't I?" "I'll save you a seat". or "Are you smelling my hair?" "You called it, baby - man of odd enthusiasms.."

I'll lay a white cyber-rose wistfully on the desk of the first person to place all three of those quotes!
word count: 110
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Well... this one:

"I'm going to hell, aren't I?"
"I'll save you a seat."

is from The Truth in the Lye, isn't it?

The quote about Hodgins being a man of odd enthusiasms (love that line) is from the episode with the explosion in the hotel, and the female judge who waives her diplomatic immunity in the end. It also has that hilarious exchange between Angela and Hodgins where he knows something (Cam and Booth's relationship) and wants her to know that he knows it but can't discuss it until she knows it independently of him. What can I say? The way TJ says those lines and the expressions on his face make me laugh out loud in that moment. However... while I could remember what the episode was about, I couldn't remember the title so I had to look that part up: Girl in Suite 2103.

And the one about "You have no idea"... well, I have no idea. Hee. :D I recognize the line, of course, because I can hear Angela saying it, but I can't recall which episode it's in. Anyone else remember that one?

No white cyber-rose for me. ;)

Of course, the white rose on the desk is another terrific Hodgins moment. I melt watching that silent scene. It's really lovely.
word count: 225

Tara
Fan

Post by Tara »

"Boy in the Shroud", when Jack finds the lead pipe, thanks to Angela's schematics.

HODGINS: How about this? Specimen 268 - 'right corner of the room' schematic.

ANGELA: You are good.

HODGINS: Oh, you have no idea.

ZACK: Are you having a moment?
word count: 43
In a world full of Uma Thurmans, everyone has an inner Janine Garafolo who needs to be taken out dancing every once in a while.

sapphiresilt
Fan

Post by sapphiresilt »

Aw, Tara. You beat me to it! I *love* that episode and have every single Jack/Angela dialogue memorized!!

Too many favorite Jack moments, but I love his imitation of Booth in "Woman in the Garden"! And I love Angela's reaction.

I'll be back with more favorite moments....
word count: 50

Ellen
Super Fan

Post by Ellen »

I liked his Booth impression too. Seemed like only Angela found it funny though. lol.
I also like when Hodgins and Zack are fighting over the woman who delivers the packages, and when they tell her that she must choose between them by giving one of them the package, she gives it to Angela and Jack say "That is so hot"
Zack-"why is that hot? It would have been hotter if she's chosen me.
Jack-"No this is definately hotter!
lol.
x
word count: 84
"What if it doesn't end like that? What if it doesn't go wrong?"-Dr Jack Hodgins

sapphiresilt
Fan

Post by sapphiresilt »

That's another good one, Ellen.

I thought of one of my favorite lines. It's from "Man in the Mansion," when Jack sits down next to Booth in the diner, knowing that Booth is beyond pissed at him for hiding his relationship with the victim's wife. He looks at Booth and says, "Pie good?"

I roll every time I see or even think of this moment. It's so Jack.
word count: 72

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

First, Hi Ellen! Welcome!

Best Hodgins moment? Hm! First one that comes into my mind is the swing date in "The Girl With The Curl". Wow, what a great kiss - eh moment! :D
It´s also one of my favourite episodes!

Oh, and of course the moment which is in my signature from "The Graft In The Girl".

Haven´t seen all of season 3 till now. Don´t know a moment I especially like there!

More later - maybe!

Simone
word count: 79
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

Yesterday I watched the rerun of "The Girl with the Curl" and I have to say that's one of my fave. episodes from S2. Besides all the Hodgela date that I love and the disappointment of Hodgins when Angela tells him to go back and be just friends :( I love when they are all together trying to figure out how did Brianna died and he's all "do you want to hear about the steel?" and no one listens to him and he repeats the question like 3 times ! :P I loved that scene.

And "The Man with the Bone" has a lot of Jack too. He's excitement cracks me up. Though he's almost killed for too much excitement.
word count: 121
~ s o f i

IntempestaNox
Fan

Post by IntempestaNox »

The Swings date is at the top of my list. That was such a sweet and playful moment, and it got those two drinking in the romance.

The delivery girl scene was hilarious too. Shows how much Hodgins is into many aspects of women, and how Zack had no friggin clue what he was inferring to. :wink:
word count: 56
Jennifer
Intempesta Nox >> The Dead of Night
"Uh oh. You have but-face."

Ellen
Super Fan

Post by Ellen »

I only saw the swing scene for the first time yesterday, but i knew when swings were first mentioned at the beginning what was going to happen. :D
It was such a nice moment, i laughed when Hodgens stood on the swing and Angela says "You're going to kill yourself!"
Not quite sure why that was funny, but oh well. :D
lol.
x
word count: 62

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

OK, so, I'm going to give my fav Hodgins moments for different categories.

Humorous :lol: : His reaction when he sees B&B through the window in "Double Death of the Dearly Departed" and his subsequent speech. I laughed til I cried.

Dramatic :cry: : His scene with Angela at the end of "Aliens in a Spaceship." I know a lot of ppl like the scene in the car best, but for some reason I found that post-traumatic scene much more moving.

Romantic :romance-inlove: : This one's a toughie. I think I'd have to go with
Be My Love from "Glowing Bones in the Old Stone House." The swings from "The Girl with the Curl" and the Romeo & Juliet rose @>--}--}---from "The Boy in the Shroud" come in tied for second.

In general, I love how he gets WAY too excited about bugs, dirt, or an experiment. So cute.
word count: 147
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke