The Bones DVD Sets

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
KimberHodgela
Super Fan

The Bones DVD Sets

Post by KimberHodgela »

Hi guys! Thought I would start this thread (I've never started a thread before!) with the S2 DVDs coming out in the US/Canada this week! And in the UK/elsewhere in October.

As a little added bonus treat - someone has already acquired their copy of the DVDs and has uploaded some of the extras here: http://community.livejournal.com/206_bones/750377.html. I'm debating whether to check them out now, or wait until I get my copy on Tuesday. I'll probably crack... :)
word count: 87
Dude, what you call being a conspiracy theorist I call being well informed - Dr. Jack Hodgins

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Well, all I can say is that TJ must not flub lines very often, since he wasn't featured much in the blooper reel. On the other hand, there are some very nice Jack and Angela scenes in the deleted scenes. Hope that didn't give too much away!
word count: 49
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

I haven't watched the deleted scenes (and have only got one day to go until the DVDs come home with me, so I think I'll wait), but I'm now excited that some of the scenes are great J/A scenes!

Yeah, the bloopers were pretty much Emily/David central. Which is okay, because they were hilarious. I have to say that the B&B fan in me loved the bit where David kissed Emily, and the outtake from that diner scene in Judas on a Pole, where he was trying to kiss her. Funny stuff.

It looks like it would be a really fun set to work on!
word count: 111
Dude, what you call being a conspiracy theorist I call being well informed - Dr. Jack Hodgins

blue_eyes
Fan

Post by blue_eyes »

i'm so jealous that its out in america and i have to wait until the 15th of october for its release in lireland (i'm hoping its the 12th as we always seem to break to release date of dvd or cd)
word count: 43
"COCENTRATE ON WHAT CANNOT LIE. THE EVIDENCE" GIL GRISSOM

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

So ... my American/Canadian friends .... did you all get your copy of the DVD yet?? I just arrived home from driving all around my city to find the cheapest price. And even still - the cheapest I could find was $56! (Which is utterly insane, if you ask me). Luckily I had a gift card for one of the stores, so that took a big chunk out of the price for me.

I've watched the bloopers again, and also a feature called "The Memories in the Season" - and I'm now totally convinced the $56 was worth it. The feature is AWESOME! Oh, my goodness. It's about 20 min long, and it contains interviews with the cast (separately) about the season, and their favourite bits. My favourite part is near the end - when Michaela and TJ are both talking about the Jack/Angela relationship. TJ is talking about the season, and he says that it was "when I fell in love with Michaela" !!! Then he turns red, quickly says "Angela! Angela!" and starts to backpeddle. It's entirely too cute! :)

I'm just going to watch the other features on the disc (deleted scenes, as well as a feature called "visceral effects: the digital illusions of Bones". But before I go, I have to share these nice little treats, passed on to me:

S1 Bloopers: http://www.mediafire.com/?4mznyll29tm (WARNING: TJ IN BOXER BRIEFS. TJ IN BOXER BRIEFS).
word count: 240

Y Ddraig Coch
Fan

Post by Y Ddraig Coch »

Oh Kimber I am so jealous you have the new DVD's already.I tried the link and got into site but couldn't see any reference to TJ or his boxers :lol: Am I doing something wrong?

The set sounds marvellous,like you I really have a problem with the pricing must check with some sites to see price range.We won't have release until 15th October,so many many thanks for being so wonderful about sharing.

Did you check the link from Ei?
word count: 85

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

Hey, Victoria! The link will take you to a download site. There is a little box that will say "download" that you have to click on, and then download the .avi file. However, I just looked at the site, and the servers were unavailable.

Here is another link to try: http://www.sendspace.com/file/xii4yu. It's just another uploading site where the file is stored. Scroll down to the bottom and you will see a little red arrow pointing at an .avi link. Click on this (or right click, however your computer works) and download.

I also had to download a package of "codecs" (because I use Windows Media Player, and it wouldn't play the picture - just sound). You can get that download here: http://www.divx.com/. You just click the "free download" button and continue on.

It sounds like a lot of work, but trust me - it's so worth it!!
word count: 156

blue_eyes
Fan

Post by blue_eyes »

TJ in briefs WOw :shock: :shock:
word count: 4
"COCENTRATE ON WHAT CANNOT LIE. THE EVIDENCE" GIL GRISSOM

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

blue_eyes wrote:TJ in briefs WOw :shock: :shock:
I know. Rebecca, Ei and Steph - where are you gals??
word count: 17

Y Ddraig Coch
Fan

Post by Y Ddraig Coch »

OH MY GOD :shock: :lol: That is priceless thank you,thank you Kimber you are simply the best.The link worked perfectly this time so I am over the moon.Michaela looked like she was having hysterics there.

Have to go and e-mail a friend who had to put her dog to sleep earlier today,so needed boost to nerve.

Rebecca and Steph are caught up with new term stuff and I expect Ei is just plain knackered LOL.

How many times have you watched the extras-go on tell me the truth :lol:
word count: 92

sapphiresilt
Fan

Post by sapphiresilt »

Hello! I'm here (at least for the next few minutes...). Thanks for checking on me, Kimber! And Victoria is absolutely right...I'm knackered (that's British for exhausted :wink: ). In fact, I was coming up to the computer to shut down for the night before *I* shut down for the night, but thought I'd take a quick peek at what you guys are up to.

Kimber: Thanks for the link...I'll have to try it tomorrow. As much as I would adore seeing TJ in his briefs, I simply cannot keep my eyes open long enough to appreciate it! :)

I'll try to catch up on all threads tomorrow. Until then, have a good night, everybody.
word count: 119

Y Ddraig Coch
Fan

Post by Y Ddraig Coch »

Ei you have a treat coming up believe me,and you will want to be awake for that I promise.Night night sweetie. :lol:
word count: 23

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

My guys! So reliable, coming up with all the good stuff. I have had the odd swift glance at my fave sites since starting back on the treadmill (pupils look to be really lovely this year but ooh the work is so hard and there is so much of it!) and I am keeping up with you all, sort of, but I haven't had time to look for those bloopers yet. Did catch the interview and the excerpts from 3.01 at the weekend though.
Don't think I've abandoned you. I just have to get back into my stride, once I have found a rhythm I will be ok. Looking forward to some comments on S3 from the fortune-favoured amongst you soon. Love you all lots!
word count: 130

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

Y Ddraig Coch wrote:OH MY GOD :shock: :lol: That is priceless thank you,thank you Kimber you are simply the best.The link worked perfectly this time so I am over the moon.Michaela looked like she was having hysterics there.

Have to go and e-mail a friend who had to put her dog to sleep earlier today,so needed boost to nerve.

Rebecca and Steph are caught up with new term stuff and I expect Ei is just plain knackered LOL.

How many times have you watched the extras-go on tell me the truth :lol:
Yeah, Michaela did look like she was having fun, didn't she? Wow. I don't know what I'd have done if I were in her place. Turn beet red, for sure. I wonder if it was a prank TJ pulled on her? It seems as though they were filming the scene for something, as she was "in character" at the easel. Great film clip, though! (And I'm so happy you were finally able to download and watch it!!).

I'm sorry to hear about your friend's doggie :( Hopefully you were able to boost her mood a bit with your call.

You know, I've only really seen the blooper reels multiple times (on account of having to work today. Dang work. I really should have called in sick and had my fill of Bones). I still have to watch the DVD feature on the special effects, too. But those S1 bloopers were quickly transferred to my iPod and carted around with me all day!

There are two more extra bits as well, that aren't on the S2 DVDs (at least not for us in Canada :( ). Here are the links to them:

Look Forward to Season 3 Featurette: http://www.sendspace.com/file/htnsc2

Fleshing Out the Stories Featurette: http://www.sendspace.com/file/0923cc

Both are really great, and the second one talks with the writers, creators and producers about the show, the cast, and the stories. They both contain really interesting bits!
word count: 344

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Hey KimberHodgela -- do you know if that codec link will work for Macs as well as Windows? I've got an iMac.

Thanks!
Sherry
word count: 24
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

Sinkwriter72 wrote:Hey KimberHodgela -- do you know if that codec link will work for Macs as well as Windows? I've got an iMac.

Thanks!
Sherry
Hi Sherry! You can get the codec downloads for Macs as well (there is a little box that says "want DivX for Mac?" below the two big blue boxes of downloads for Windows). I originally wanted an iMac or an iBook, but since PCs were cheaper, I went with this *sometimes piece of crap* computer instead. I work on an iMac at work, and I love it! For sure my next computer will be a Mac instead of PC.

You might not even need the codec package, but I'm not sure which program you would use to play the file (it's a .avi) on the Mac. Unless you've got Windows Media Player or a Mac-alternative anyway.
word count: 146

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Hi!

I've always had a PC but a friend of mine extolled the virtues of the Mac computers over and over again to me until I went to a CDW store and tested a few models. Saved my 'pennies' until I could afford to buy it outright.

So far, I really like it.

As for the system applications, I'm actually not sure. This is a relatively new computer for me, and the first time I've ever had a Mac, so I'm not sure. I haven't actually been able to open an .avi file before, so a codec might not work -- I might need something else first.

Anyone who's Mac savvy able to answer that?

Thanks!
Sherry
word count: 122
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Where on earth did those bloopers come from??? Yeah, I'd say TJ has nothing to be ashamed of... :wink:

Did you notice at the end how the clip that one of the producers/directors asks Michaela something like, "How could you resist that?"

GOOD question.
word count: 45

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

begolden wrote:Where on earth did those bloopers come from??? Yeah, I'd say TJ has nothing to be ashamed of... :wink:

Did you notice at the end how the clip that one of the producers/directors asks Michaela something like, "How could you resist that?"

GOOD question.
Hey, Rebecca! Have you bought your S2 DVDs yet? I believe the bloopers (as well as the other extras) came from a "bonus disc" that was included with the S2 DVDs at Best Buy. But only in the US. :( Not fair!

And actually, what's said to Michaela is "how could you ever reject that?" Which makes me wonder. This is S1 (as evident by Michaela's bangs), and in that season Angela had yet to "reject" Hodgins. So ... was the staff member talking to Michaela and *not* Angela? Did she turn down a date from TJ?? 8)
word count: 144

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

KimberHodgela wrote:
begolden wrote:Where on earth did those bloopers come from??? Yeah, I'd say TJ has nothing to be ashamed of... :wink:

GOOD question.
Hey, Rebecca! Have you bought your S2 DVDs yet? I believe the bloopers (as well as the other extras) came from a "bonus disc" that was included with the S2 DVDs at Best Buy. But only in the US. :( Not fair!

And actually, what's said to Michaela is "how could you ever reject that?" Which makes me wonder. This is S1 (as evident by Michaela's bangs), and in that season Angela had yet to "reject" Hodgins. So ... was the staff member talking to Michaela and *not* Angela? Did she turn down a date from TJ??
8)
My DVDs are on their way from Amazon, so I hope I get the bonus disc!
Thanks for clarifying the dialogue--as you can see from the wretched grammar of my earlier post, I was a bit tired and not remembering things clearly, including how to compose a sentence.

So yes, perhaps we're seeing something a bit more relevant to their real lives than their characters' lives, hmm? But I have to say, with a tushee like that... well, I think we all know what I would say.
word count: 235