Bugs

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
freedom
Fan

Bugs

Post by freedom »

I'm sure being the "bug guy" is interesting after all they're amazing little critters but I don't think cockroaches are bugs as they're way too strong, I bet they fell from the universe as aliens had the same problem as us humans, or maybe we could learn from their strength to see if we can't use in some way their shell from protection.
Or that just me?
My favourite bugs are dragonflies, moths, caterpillars, spiders, butterflies, woodlouses.
I wonder if Tj has any favourities? :shifty:
word count: 89

Kelly
Fan

Re: Bugs

Post by Kelly »

I know this topic is over a year old, but I just found it. I have a couple web links for all the bug-loving people out there in TJ Land.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_cockroach states not only is this kind of cockroach a bug, but what their common names are.

http://www.uen.org/utahlink/activities/ ... ty_id=2025 teaches about roaches.

Far as TJ liking any bugs, I have no idea. All of you know him a lot better than I do. If I had to choose a favorite bug, it would be the caterpiller because I know that some time it'll spin it's cocoon and become a beautiful butterfly after its nap.
word count: 120

Dr.Valentine
Super Fan

Post by Dr.Valentine »

Ants are extremely strong, too! They can lift something as much as 1,000 times their body weight! Personally, I don't like bugs...at all..really haha...

Ok..Rolly Polly's xP

...and butterflies..
...and lady bugs..
...and, well, the pretty ones that don't bite hahaha..

Yea :D
word count: 49
"Work hard, and love the work and the 'work' becomes nothing other than the love." - TJ Thyne

boo
Fan

Post by boo »

Awww, sorry this sat for so long without any replies. :( Good on ya, Kelly for bringing it up. :wink:

But anyway, rolly polly's and inch worms rule. :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl: Okay, so technically inch worms may not be bugs, but in my mind, they are "bug like." :lol:
And very cute.
word count: 47
I demand another beetle. Jeff has a groin pull.

Dr.Valentine
Super Fan

Post by Dr.Valentine »

Inch worms?? How funny! That's such a random insect you never hear about hahaha..Inch worms..you're silly xP
word count: 21
"Work hard, and love the work and the 'work' becomes nothing other than the love." - TJ Thyne

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Okay, I have a something to tell that TJ told me and it is about bugs. So while I am not sure this falls in with the original intention of the thread, I have no favorite bugs, it does fit in with the title. And it relates to Bones so it is in the right category.

So, there is a bug that freaks me out-and it is one of the few I run away if I see one-a cockroach. And yes I do consider them bugs. Unfortunately living in the desert it is a common thing so I get freaked out a few times a year because as you know these things can survive a nuclear war-bug spray is not gonna keep them away for good!

TJ was doing an interview via e-mail with me as the in between. I will post the link to the interview as soon as the people have it up and share that with me...but in it he mentions cockroaches. I can't tell more because I don't want to usurp their interview, but because he mentioned them I asked him if the cockroaches they show, and Hodgins picks up and plays with, in the dumpster, etc are real.

And he said

"Real as real can be.
:0)
There are times when you see thousands of them that our digital effects team helps us out greatly.
But otherwise, crawly and quick, large and gross as can be :0)"

And THAT is what he told me that might give me nightmares because the idea of him playing with them, and TOUCHING them, gloves or not, and then that one episode in season 8 where he has to two big containers of them and is pouring them into something else..GAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH ICK UGHHHHHHHHH AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

And that is all there is to the why TJ is responsible for my nightmares about roaches should I have any, which luckily last night I did not. LOL

Sharon
word count: 333
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

omelette73
Super Fan

Post by omelette73 »

Still laughing at you, you know that right? :D
word count: 8

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

:confusion-shrug: Yes, because you are a mean, mean person! ;)
word count: 8
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

HAHAHAHA!! I'm sorry Sharon, but that's funny!! :icon-lol: I don't like cockroaches by any means, but they definitely don't give me nightmares. I'm usually the person in my family to kill the bugs, spiders, etc. that decide to come inside. :icon-confused: A couple weeks ago, I walked into the garage and a HUGE cockroach ran across the floor towards the dryer. I grabbed my son's shoe, which was the closest thing available, but that sucker was way too fast!!! It made it under the dryer before I could kill it, so I let it go because I didn't want to have to move the dryer at 10:30 at night. I told my husband about it, and he ended up killing it the next day. Even he said that it was an unusually large cockroach, LOL! Glad it's gone, but usually my nightmares consist of tornadoes or lava flows. :icon-lol:
word count: 155
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

freedom
Fan

Post by freedom »

i feel for sharon, not sure i'm scared of lava or toradoes, i see them as extreme weather forces!
word count: 20

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

LOL Sharon!!

My thing is about spiders and snakes...I'm not sqeamish, like I could pick one up at a zoo or something if I knew ahead of time it wasn't dangerous.

But on your own you really don't know what kind they are, you know? I mean it could be one of those super-nasty poisonous ones.

Several weeks ago I should have been sleeping but was staying up following a live tweet with Stana Katic and I looked down a big spider CRAWLED ACROSS MY PILLOW! :shock: I was like aacckkkk.....Stana probably saved my life that night. You never know! :D
word count: 105
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

See any other kind of bug, other than a wasp or yellow jacket, and I am as calm as can be and just either kill them or take them outside. Wasps and yellow jackets I don't run away from but I'm pretty cautious about them because you try to kill them and miss they get angry and chase you (I was chased around my apartment once by a wasp LOL).

Spiders, I just kill them. Snakes, in the wild, I just give a LOT of room, but if they are in cages or on TV I don't care at all. Cockroaches, no matter WHERE they are, I get FREAKED. I cover my eyes when Hodgins has them. They truly do disturb me, and now it is worse because I know he's playing with REAL cockroaches. Okay Teresa, laugh some more!!!

Sharon
word count: 145